Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings DE Battle: Edwards or Robison?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Edwards all the way, and you can bring Robison ins as a situational pass rusher, just like last year. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Course Ole Leslie has to figure out how to rotate them.

He already figured it out last year.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Edwards all the way, and you can bring Robison ins as a situational pass rusher, just like last year. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    I am less worried about Leslie figuring out how to use his talent than I am the offensive staff.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Yea right....Loved what he did in the GB and Colts game to start out the season.

Lets hope that it doesn't take him two games to figure out the rotation without the Wall in there for the first four games.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think Robison does much better rushing from DT making him a situational pass rusher. I believe Robison collected most of his sacks from DT. He is too athletic/fast for a center or guard to handle consistently. Edwards does a better job at consistent run-stuffing and applying steady pressure. So I would go with Edwards at DE and unleash Robison from DT in passing situations.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Yea right....Loved what he did in the GB and Colts game to start out the season.

Lets hope that it doesn't take him two games to figure out the rotation without the Wall in there for the first four games.
    The DL wasn't that bad in those two games, but even so, how does a lack of production indicate bad coaching or a bad rotation?

Answer: It doesn't.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

The DL wasn't that bad in those two games, but even so, how does a lack of production indicate bad coaching or a bad rotation?

Marr preaced that lack of sacks =/= lack of production. So why go against that now? The colts game had great production from our Dl. Lost uf hurries, and incompletes due to pressure.

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Never one to only count sacks as a indicator of effectiveness, however, for those two games, they faced two OL lines that were patched together with bandaids and dental floss.

Should've had a field day against them......alas, they didn't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=52096.msg958261#msg958261 date=1245069955]

Marr preaced that lack of sacks =/= lack of production. So why go against that now? The colts game had great production from our Dl. Lost uf hurries, and incompletes due to pressure.
    [/quote]
    I am not only talking about sacks.

Hell, if one really wanted to, one could almost use the "Anti Chiller" crowds, "They win despite him" montra in this case.......Long story short, we will find out what kindof coach he is when/if the Williams boys aren't there making him look good.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Never one to only count sacks as a indicator of effectiveness, however, for those two games, they faced two OL lines that were patched together with bandaids and dental floss.

[/quote]

But you are assuming that was because of coaching, not execution. My question is why?
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52096.msg958432#msg958432 date=1245092710]

[/quote]

But you are assuming that was because of coaching, not execution. My question is why?
    [/quote]
    Didn't you hear, ......Its always the coaches fault, never the players.....At least thats what I get when I hack on the players for not executing on the Offensive side of the ball.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast