Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110
  1. #101
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    It must be close to the draft if people are saying T.Jackson has poise in the pocket. Lol
    :
    If you are going to use a video to show his skill, use this one. He looks like a man against boys and the music is awesome
    :

    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYeft_ExlfE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    T-Jack has shown a lot of poise & comfortability in the pocket, especially for a first year player. A lot more often than when he tries to throw off his back foot & doesn't plant his feet. The video you show also shows his mobility when the pocket collapses. A lot of QB's would have ducked & taken a sack. T-jack tries & does make something out of nothing. Again, this is a first year starter who is still gaining experience & is improving his game as the season progresses. Try watching the videos I posted.

    Your problem is you expect a rookie QB to come in & play like an experienced Tom Brady or John Elway in his very first year with a line that isn't even experienced playing together in a new scheme that was still in it's infancy. You also like to dwell only on his negatives & never look at his positives.

    Very few rookies come in & light up the league in their first year. Other than Culpepper, you have probably never even seen a rookie QB play for the Vikings. If your even old enough, which I get the impression your not, your used to seeing veteran QB's coming here & starting for the Vikes ala Moon, Cunningham, George & Johnson.

    When we had Brad Johnson starting here back in the mid 90's, he was Mr. Happy feet his first few years. We tossed out some good QB's & at one time there were 5 Vikings/former Vikings starting in a league of 32 teams.

    My guess is your a big Quinn fan and are still whining over the fact that we passed on him last year & still can't get over it. IMO, if it was up to you, we'd be drafting QB's every year, starting them that year & then tossing them aside simply because they didn't light up the league their very first year.

    Name a QB you think we had the opportunity to draft & passed on that you wanted & tell me how he's doing now.
    watch the pass at 0:26.
    The reciever is wide open, and still almost has to dive to make the catch. There was no pressure on TJ, it was just a truly awful pass.
    having said that, that video was pretty good, but remember, its highlight video, designed to capture his highlights.
    I like the progress he's making, and hopefully he can turn out to be a
    great starter next year.
    Ooooh!
    Picky, picky you is! :-*

  2. #102
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    It must be close to the draft if people are saying T.Jackson has poise in the pocket. Lol
    :
    If you are going to use a video to show his skill, use this one. He looks like a man against boys and the music is awesome
    :

    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYeft_ExlfE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    T-Jack has shown a lot of poise & comfortability in the pocket, especially for a first year player. A lot more often than when he tries to throw off his back foot & doesn't plant his feet. The video you show also shows his mobility when the pocket collapses. A lot of QB's would have ducked & taken a sack. T-jack tries & does make something out of nothing. Again, this is a first year starter who is still gaining experience & is improving his game as the season progresses. Try watching the videos I posted.

    Your problem is you expect a rookie QB to come in & play like an experienced Tom Brady or John Elway in his very first year with a line that isn't even experienced playing together in a new scheme that was still in it's infancy. You also like to dwell only on his negatives & never look at his positives.

    Very few rookies come in & light up the league in their first year. Other than Culpepper, you have probably never even seen a rookie QB play for the Vikings. If your even old enough, which I get the impression your not, your used to seeing veteran QB's coming here & starting for the Vikes ala Moon, Cunningham, George & Johnson.

    When we had Brad Johnson starting here back in the mid 90's, he was Mr. Happy feet his first few years. We tossed out some good QB's & at one time there were 5 Vikings/former Vikings starting in a league of 32 teams.

    My guess is your a big Quinn fan and are still whining over the fact that we passed on him last year & still can't get over it. IMO, if it was up to you, we'd be drafting QB's every year, starting them that year & then tossing them aside simply because they didn't light up the league their very first year.

    Name a QB you think we had the opportunity to draft & passed on that you wanted & tell me how he's doing now.
    You are assuming and it makes your argument look foolish.
    I am not a Quinn fan. I think he may have a good pro career or he may not. I don't really care either way. I feel like we should have moved up to get Cutler in 2006. That is neither here nor there. I want a talented Qb that can play at a pro level. 9 tds and 12 ints are not starting qb caliber stats. If I wanted to see that I would be a 49ers fan :-[. I am 25 years old and I remember the Golden Era( 90's for me). In fact I became a Vikings fan when Moon moved here from the Oilers.

  3. #103
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but people mentioned how well Culpepper did his first year....

    What I recollect, he looked atrocious in training camp his rookie year and rode the bench his rookie season.... I don't think he sniffed the field at all his rookie year, but there may have been garbage time in there...


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  4. #104
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    If we get Allen, we won't be going 0-4...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #105
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If we get Allen, we won't be going 0-4...
    If we dont get Allen, we still wont be going 0-4...
    but hopefully we get Allen

  6. #106
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    Hmmmmm why on earth would you even say that with the offseason we are having? We have a great running game and a great run stuffing game and our pass stopping game is getting better. We seemed to have made great moves. Those players mestioned in Pack land are forgetting one thing....NO FAVRE! He takes 70 percent of the game in his hands not only with talent but HEART!
    The season hasent even gotten here yet and you are already l;ooking down? Man o live? I think you need to look back at the past offseasons we have had and see that we have finally an owner that has opened his wallet to players who can play, and on top of that can you remeber when we had a better free agancy than this year with a more talented Offense and Defense? I think there are alot of people who think we can take it to the limit actually. We beat the Giants handly and they won the SB when the Pats got busted and couldnt cheat through it. So there is a chance. I am not saying we are going to the SB but I am saying that TJack has made strides and I think we are going to take over our division and it is possible to be there. Depending on how fast everyone clicks. I am seriously pcysched for the season my man. SKOL!!!!!!!!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

  7. #107
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    It must be close to the draft if people are saying T.Jackson has poise in the pocket. Lol
    :
    If you are going to use a video to show his skill, use this one. He looks like a man against boys and the music is awesome
    :

    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYeft_ExlfE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    T-Jack has shown a lot of poise & comfortability in the pocket, especially for a first year player. A lot more often than when he tries to throw off his back foot & doesn't plant his feet. The video you show also shows his mobility when the pocket collapses. A lot of QB's would have ducked & taken a sack. T-jack tries & does make something out of nothing. Again, this is a first year starter who is still gaining experience & is improving his game as the season progresses. Try watching the videos I posted.

    Your problem is you expect a rookie QB to come in & play like an experienced Tom Brady or John Elway in his very first year with a line that isn't even experienced playing together in a new scheme that was still in it's infancy. You also like to dwell only on his negatives & never look at his positives.

    Very few rookies come in & light up the league in their first year. Other than Culpepper, you have probably never even seen a rookie QB play for the Vikings. If your even old enough, which I get the impression your not, your used to seeing veteran QB's coming here & starting for the Vikes ala Moon, Cunningham, George & Johnson.

    When we had Brad Johnson starting here back in the mid 90's, he was Mr. Happy feet his first few years. We tossed out some good QB's & at one time there were 5 Vikings/former Vikings starting in a league of 32 teams.

    My guess is your a big Quinn fan and are still whining over the fact that we passed on him last year & still can't get over it. IMO, if it was up to you, we'd be drafting QB's every year, starting them that year & then tossing them aside simply because they didn't light up the league their very first year.

    Name a QB you think we had the opportunity to draft & passed on that you wanted & tell me how he's doing now.
    You are assuming and it makes your argument look foolish.
    I am not a Quinn fan. I think he may have a good pro career or he may not. I don't really care either way. I feel like we should have moved up to get Cutler in 2006. That is neither here nor there. I want a talented Qb that can play at a pro level. 9 tds and 12 ints are not starting qb caliber stats. If I wanted to see that I would be a 49ers fan :-[. I am 25 years old and I remember the Golden Era( 90's for me). In fact I became a Vikings fan when Moon moved here from the Oilers.
    No it doesn't. My point is you wanted a different QB other than T-Jack in that draft & have been bitter towards the selection ever since & instead of looking at anything good about him, you look & dwell at anything & everything negative you can find.

    I used Quinn as an example as he was a QB available to us when it came time for us to pick. It doesn't matter if I had chosen Quinn or Cutler, things still
    didn't pan out the way you hoped & your resentments & anger over that reflect in your posts on T-Jack.

    Whether he turns out to be good or bad can't be decided based on one years play. Look for improvement or the lack of it this year & make your decisions based on that, but look at the good as well as the bad. One year in the NFL is not enough time to base a franchise decision on a QB unless the guy is a total flop.

    Think of some big-time QB's & then go back & look at their first couple of years in the NFL. Many of them had a rocky start at first & went on to become great.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #108
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    It must be close to the draft if people are saying T.Jackson has poise in the pocket. Lol
    :
    If you are going to use a video to show his skill, use this one. He looks like a man against boys and the music is awesome
    :

    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYeft_ExlfE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    T-Jack has shown a lot of poise & comfortability in the pocket, especially for a first year player. A lot more often than when he tries to throw off his back foot & doesn't plant his feet. The video you show also shows his mobility when the pocket collapses. A lot of QB's would have ducked & taken a sack. T-jack tries & does make something out of nothing. Again, this is a first year starter who is still gaining experience & is improving his game as the season progresses. Try watching the videos I posted.

    Your problem is you expect a rookie QB to come in & play like an experienced Tom Brady or John Elway in his very first year with a line that isn't even experienced playing together in a new scheme that was still in it's infancy. You also like to dwell only on his negatives & never look at his positives.

    Very few rookies come in & light up the league in their first year. Other than Culpepper, you have probably never even seen a rookie QB play for the Vikings. If your even old enough, which I get the impression your not, your used to seeing veteran QB's coming here & starting for the Vikes ala Moon, Cunningham, George & Johnson.

    When we had Brad Johnson starting here back in the mid 90's, he was Mr. Happy feet his first few years. We tossed out some good QB's & at one time there were 5 Vikings/former Vikings starting in a league of 32 teams.

    My guess is your a big Quinn fan and are still whining over the fact that we passed on him last year & still can't get over it. IMO, if it was up to you, we'd be drafting QB's every year, starting them that year & then tossing them aside simply because they didn't light up the league their very first year.

    Name a QB you think we had the opportunity to draft & passed on that you wanted & tell me how he's doing now.
    You are assuming and it makes your argument look foolish.
    I am not a Quinn fan. I think he may have a good pro career or he may not. I don't really care either way. I feel like we should have moved up to get Cutler in 2006. That is neither here nor there. I want a talented Qb that can play at a pro level. 9 tds and 12 ints are not starting qb caliber stats. If I wanted to see that I would be a 49ers fan :-[. I am 25 years old and I remember the Golden Era( 90's for me). In fact I became a Vikings fan when Moon moved here from the Oilers.
    No it doesn't. My point is you wanted a different QB other than T-Jack in that draft & have been bitter towards the selection ever since & instead of looking at anything good about him, you look & dwell at anything & everything negative you can find.

    I used Quinn as an example as he was a QB available to us when it came time for us to pick. It doesn't matter if I had chosen Quinn or Cutler, things still
    didn't pan out the way you hoped & your resentments & anger over that reflect in your posts on T-Jack.

    Whether he turns out to be good or bad can't be decided based on one years play. Look for improvement or the lack of it this year & make your decisions based on that, but look at the good as well as the bad. One year in the NFL is not enough time to base a franchise decision on a QB unless the guy is a total flop.

    Think of some big-time QB's & then go back & look at their first couple of years in the NFL. Many of them had a rocky start at first & went on to become great.
    Come on singers! My only issue with Tjack is how low his basement is so to speak. The kid is way below the starting point of most starters. I don't think it's his fault that he was thrown in there, he is just doing what he is paid to do; play. However, my fustration is with the Front office for their foolish QB descisions. We have made several trades / moves that have put us in this hole. We should be looking for a franchise QB instead of saying average( which is what Tjack is still striving to be) is good enough. If we want to be an elite team we must pursue an elite QB. I don't believe that TJack will blossom into that. The good teams in this league are extremely balanced with a Great run game and passing game.....We should strive to be balanced on offense. We have a great run game but we are putting way too much pressure on our running game to carry this team.

    Teams like the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Cowboys, Rams(not last years injury plauged team) all have a dominating run game but can adjust at will and beat teams as a pass heavy team. To get anywhere, we will need to develop this ability. I just believe that TJ does not have that ability. Yes he can scramble and create plays with his feet but his mechanics are terrible. Vince Young's stats are compared to TJ's but the difference in both are the mechanics and poise. I can't tell you how many times last season my stomach dropped everytime I saw the kid drop back and release the ball. With TJ any throw can be a game killing turnover. Has everyoen forgotten the skins game???? ??? ???

  9. #109
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    It must be close to the draft if people are saying T.Jackson has poise in the pocket. Lol
    :
    If you are going to use a video to show his skill, use this one. He looks like a man against boys and the music is awesome
    :

    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYeft_ExlfE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    T-Jack has shown a lot of poise & comfortability in the pocket, especially for a first year player. A lot more often than when he tries to throw off his back foot & doesn't plant his feet. The video you show also shows his mobility when the pocket collapses. A lot of QB's would have ducked & taken a sack. T-jack tries & does make something out of nothing. Again, this is a first year starter who is still gaining experience & is improving his game as the season progresses. Try watching the videos I posted.

    Your problem is you expect a rookie QB to come in & play like an experienced Tom Brady or John Elway in his very first year with a line that isn't even experienced playing together in a new scheme that was still in it's infancy. You also like to dwell only on his negatives & never look at his positives.

    Very few rookies come in & light up the league in their first year. Other than Culpepper, you have probably never even seen a rookie QB play for the Vikings. If your even old enough, which I get the impression your not, your used to seeing veteran QB's coming here & starting for the Vikes ala Moon, Cunningham, George & Johnson.

    When we had Brad Johnson starting here back in the mid 90's, he was Mr. Happy feet his first few years. We tossed out some good QB's & at one time there were 5 Vikings/former Vikings starting in a league of 32 teams.

    My guess is your a big Quinn fan and are still whining over the fact that we passed on him last year & still can't get over it. IMO, if it was up to you, we'd be drafting QB's every year, starting them that year & then tossing them aside simply because they didn't light up the league their very first year.

    Name a QB you think we had the opportunity to draft & passed on that you wanted & tell me how he's doing now.
    You are assuming and it makes your argument look foolish.
    I am not a Quinn fan. I think he may have a good pro career or he may not. I don't really care either way. I feel like we should have moved up to get Cutler in 2006. That is neither here nor there. I want a talented Qb that can play at a pro level. 9 tds and 12 ints are not starting qb caliber stats. If I wanted to see that I would be a 49ers fan :-[. I am 25 years old and I remember the Golden Era( 90's for me). In fact I became a Vikings fan when Moon moved here from the Oilers.
    No it doesn't. My point is you wanted a different QB other than T-Jack in that draft & have been bitter towards the selection ever since & instead of looking at anything good about him, you look & dwell at anything & everything negative you can find.

    I used Quinn as an example as he was a QB available to us when it came time for us to pick. It doesn't matter if I had chosen Quinn or Cutler, things still
    didn't pan out the way you hoped & your resentments & anger over that reflect in your posts on T-Jack.

    Whether he turns out to be good or bad can't be decided based on one years play. Look for improvement or the lack of it this year & make your decisions based on that, but look at the good as well as the bad. One year in the NFL is not enough time to base a franchise decision on a QB unless the guy is a total flop.

    Think of some big-time QB's & then go back & look at their first couple of years in the NFL. Many of them had a rocky start at first & went on to become great.
    Come on singers! My only issue with Tjack is how low his basement is so to speak. The kid is way below the starting point of most starters. I don't think it's his fault that he was thrown in there, he is just doing what he is paid to do; play. However, my fustration is with the Front office for their foolish QB descisions. We have made several trades / moves that have put us in this hole. We should be looking for a franchise QB instead of saying average( which is what Tjack is still striving to be) is good enough. If we want to be an elite team we must pursue an elite QB. I don't believe that TJack will blossom into that. The good teams in this league are extremely balanced with a Great run game and passing game.....We should strive to be balanced on offense. We have a great run game but we are putting way too much pressure on our running game to carry this team.

    Teams like the Colts, Pats, Steelers, Cowboys, Rams(not last years injury plauged team) all have a dominating run game but can adjust at will and beat teams as a pass heavy team. To get anywhere, we will need to develop this ability. I just believe that TJ does not have that ability. Yes he can scramble and create plays with his feet but his mechanics are terrible. Vince Young's stats are compared to TJ's but the difference in both are the mechanics and poise. I can't tell you how many times last season my stomach dropped everytime I saw the kid drop back and release the ball. With TJ any throw can be a game killing turnover. Has everyoen forgotten the skins game???? ??? ???
    How many elite QB's our there in the league??? Not many, you act like they grow off trees

  10. #110
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Vikings could go 0-4

    Z was right only takes a few hours for the doom and gloom to set in...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •