Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    56k | 300k

    I really don't think he put a lot of thought into this one.
    They have us taking Hall at #7 because our pass defense was last in the league last year.
    If they would have watched game tape, it think it is fairly obvious that our pass defense suffered more because of MLB and DE.


    Plus he tried to compare TJ to Ron Mexico, saying he was a "poor man's Ron Mexico".
    Even went on to say that TJ liked to run the ball.
    Just shows me that he didn't do any real research beyond looking up some stats.
    :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    didnt Tj himself say he isnt a scrambling qb?

    Thanks josdin00

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    I think I remember something like that, although I don't have a link.
    Some people confuse the ability to run with the predisposition to run.
    Just because TJ was more mobile than Brad doesn't make him a running QB.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    "tb04512" wrote:
    didnt Tj himself say he isnt a scrambling qb?
    I think he did at one point, but he is an extremely good athlete, and if you remember....after the games he started he drew comparisons to Vick from the opponents.....not sure if they meant that as a compliment or a diss :


    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  5. #5
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    I seem to remember a debate about him being a running QB and it broke down into a definition battle between scrambling and running lol.

    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    56k | 300k

    I really don't think he put a lot of thought into this one.
    They have us taking Hall at #7 because our pass defense was last in the league last year.
    If they would have watched game tape, it think it is fairly obvious that our pass defense suffered more because of MLB and DE.


    Plus he tried to compare TJ to Ron Mexico, saying he was a "poor man's Ron Mexico".
    Even went on to say that TJ liked to run the ball.
    Just shows me that he didn't do any real research beyond looking up some stats.
    :
    Yeah...that guy is an idiot!
    Probably puts ALL black QBs in the runner catagory!
    SHEESH!!!
    :
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    "Del" wrote:
    I seem to remember a debate about him being a running QB and it broke down into a definition battle between scrambling and running lol.

    I remember that WHOLE debate.
    To bad we don't have a "Search Function" on here that these guys could use to find gems like that which have already been discussed.

    I'm being sarcastic.
    You knew that right
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    Landry at 7 is a better pick thatn Hall at 7. too early for Hall. if the plan is him, which I like a lot because he is the best CB in the draft, trade down for someone who wants Quinn
    We're bringing purple back.

  9. #9
    SageVike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    200

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    who is RonMexico???


    PS:Cajun I Heard U Like Peni From A Memeber Susssh Dont Tell no 1




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    65

    Re: Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment

    TJ moved in the pocket, but Brad made Drew Bledsoe look like Mike Vick!
    I think that we should get Laundry at 7 and a WR in the 2nd, with the WR's being so deep this year
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings 13 in 32 days (NFLN)
    By NaughtyWord in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 01:20 PM
  2. Vikings on NFLN thread
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 03:25 PM
  3. Vikings Cheerleaders on the NFLN
    By Potus2028 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
  4. NFLN Vikings Preview
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 12:08 PM
  5. On the Clock: Vikings
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 06:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •