Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Vikings Claim WR Marko Mitchell

marshallvike wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings Get Steal With Big Wide Receiver Marko Mitchell

Last Monday, the Super Bowl contending Minnesota Vikings, lacking depth at wide receiver, quietly improved the team even more by claiming an obscure free agent, to many in the media and most fans, off waivers.

Marko Mitchell excelled at flanker at the University of Nevada-Reno. He caught 51 balls for 1,129 yards (21.3 average) and eight TDs in 2007, and 61 balls for 1,141 yards (18.7 average) and 10 TDs in 2008.
    funny...the article didn't mention anything about him playing in philly. why did we pick him up?
    after reading the article if we wanted another slot receiver we should bring B Wade back. Make him the #2 slot guy if Reynaud can't step up and fill the role

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

kspurplepride wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings Get Steal With Big Wide Receiver Marko Mitchell

Last Monday, the Super Bowl contending Minnesota Vikings, lacking depth at wide receiver, quietly improved the team even more by claiming an obscure free agent, to many in the media and most fans, off waivers.

Marko Mitchell excelled at flanker at the University of Nevada-Reno. He caught 51 balls for 1,129 yards (21.3 average) and eight TDs in 2007, and 61 balls for 1,141 yards (18.7 average) and 10 TDs in 2008.
    funny...the article didn't mention anything about him playing in philly. why did we pick him up?
    after reading the article if we wanted another slot receiver we should bring B Wade back. Make him the #2 slot guy if Reynaud can't step up and fill the role
    I am not so sure we are looking for a "slot" receiver as much as we are looking for just another good receiver in the rotatation to give more flexibility. (Let us go 3 and 4 wideouts more often).

Berrian was very effective sliding into the slot last year and I could easily see him taking more snaps there this year to get another WR in the rotation and/or free up Harvin for a few plays out of the backfield.
    None

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I think you got it right with Reynaud being more of a slot/return/RB guy like Harvin, and Marko being a better backup outside. Afterall, we got to admit, that BB and Rice have had their injury issues!

Once again, this is going to be a tough roster to crack! We've only lost 3 players from last season and these type of FA and UDFA types are going to have one hell of an uphill battle to take a spot from a guy with more time/experience in our system.

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!! :woohoo:
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

mountainviking wrote:
    I think you got it right with Reynaud being more of a slot/return/RB guy like Harvin, and Marko being a better backup outside. Afterall, we got to admit, that BB and Rice have had their injury issues!

Once again, this is going to be a tough roster to crack! We've only lost 3 players from last season and these type of FA and UDFA types are going to have one hell of an uphill battle to take a spot from a guy with more time/experience in our system.

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!! :woohoo:
    +1

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

I really hope this kid can make the team and do well, as he'd be the second UNR player (that I know of) to play for the Vikes. The other one was Nate Burleson, and he did a damn good job for us. Still somewhat disappointed we let him go.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

ndnorseman wrote:
    I really hope this kid can make the team and do well, as he'd be the second UNR player (that I know of) to play for the Vikes. The other one was Nate Burleson, and he did a damn good job for us. Still somewhat disappointed we let him go.
    Really didn't have a choice on Burleson, now did we?

Poison pill!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Zeus wrote:
    ndnorseman wrote:

Poison pill!

=Z=
    There is always a choice. We could have re-signed him.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    ndnorseman wrote:

Poison pill!

=Z=
    There is always a choice. We could have re-signed him.
    no we couldn't have. There was a clause, where if he plays more than 5 or 6 games in Minnesota, his entire contract is guaranteed. We could not afford that contract, and it woudl be stupid to even agree to that, considering we play 8+ games a year in Minnesota. Its the same way we got Hutch. They just couldn'ta fford to match it.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

After cutting Robinson and trading away Moss, I thought, the best plan would have been to resign our most productive, remaining WR BEFORE FA started!!

Check out who's on Larry Fitzgerald's Camp list...Tarvaris Jackson! So, what-do-ya-think? Just getting fit? OR preparing to run some routes/wildcat!?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13607763/fitzgerald-camp-turns-minny-into-hot-spot-for-receivers-past-present?tag=headlines;nfl

What started as a group of about five or six players a few years ago has swelled to about 40 athletes, all working on an efficient and demanding routine that lasts for three weeks.

Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall and Sidney Rice have participated in the past. On Tuesday, Green Bay tight end Jermichael Finley, Seattle rookie Golden Tate, New Orleans defensive back Malcolm Jenkins, St. Louis linebacker James Laurinaitis and Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson were among those in the group, which changes from week to week.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Getting Fit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast