Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings & Chiefs practice highlights

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    Good to see Tarvaris feeling comfortable out there. We have alot of came and preseason to contiue to grow, and I believe T-Jack is going to turn heads by mid-season this year. I won't say we're gonna shock the league, as we have to many variables, but as a whole our skill position guys are going to be a great surprise.
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i was there, and i definatly didn't see that.

Now, before i say what i saw, know that i am NOT a t-jack doubter, i'm excited to watch him grow this season... but..

in running drills (quarter back, o-line, and running backs only, no recievers), up against the kansas city defense, tavaris jackson went for a hand off to mewelde moore, they ran into each other in the back field resulting in a fumble so they blew the play dead

both brooks bollinger & tavaris jackson threw interceptions, 1 each, within four plays.

During one play jackson was pressured, he scrammbled to the left, and just plain dropped the ball, wasn't touched or anything, just fell right out of his hands.

there were some others, but i dont feel like going on, hopefully the preseason helps
    I really think the coaches need to strip down the playbook to the bare minimum number of plays that the team can execute and not introduce any new plays until they have mastered them. You can win football games by executing a few plays successfully better than you can by executing a huge number of plays poorly. I am not hearing many people who I have talked to that have been to camp saying that there is any level of comfort anywhere on the offense. Maybe they can put it together in the preseason but if not they should consider it.
    That was Lombardi's theory!
    And what did that get him?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings & Chiefs practice highlights

Check out the practice from the Chiefs perspective.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/08/04/river_falls_wrap_day_10/
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123