Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings checking on former first round CB Tye Hill

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/11283799855

This guy has been a bust for his entire career but I guess like with Jimmy Kennedy the staff believes they can salvage another former Rams first rounder.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

PackSux! is online now Hall of Famer

Re:Vikings checking on former first round CB Tye Hill

FuadFan wrote:

This guy has been a bust for his entire career but I guess like with Jimmy Kennedy the staff believes they can salvage another former Rams first rounder.
    Sometimes it takes people a few years to actually grow up and smell the talent they have been given.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

PackSux! wrote:
    FuadFan wrote:

Sometimes it takes people a few years to actually grow up and smell the talent they have been given.
    Drafted in 2006 and was banged up in 2007 and 2008.

Traditional cover guy who looks best suited for Nickel Package addition and possible insurance with Cedric questionable.

Even if they bring in a CB through the draft this bodes well for the Competition level among the CBs.

He won't challenge for a starters spot, but, he should add depth and make training camp more interesting if they sign him.
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Good to see that with draft visits and this, CB is a main concern. It was my main concern and I am glad the staff agrees. Maybe this guy will surprise us.

Squires12 is offline Waterboy

Tye Hill is a perfect example of why people shouldn't fall in love with a guy based on his post season production (i.e. - Shrine game; Senior Bowl; Combine; Pro-Day; etc.).

If I remember correctly, this guy had a second round grade (maybe third) going into his bowl game then produced well in the bowl game followed by an AMAZING senior bowl. In fact he was the highlight reel the year he went to senior bowl. People began to fall in love with him and he shot up the draft boards as a result.

Not to say the guy won't ultimately produce, in fact I like the kid; but he was definitely over-valued the year he was drafted.

-Squires
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Good to see that with draft visits and this, CB is a main concern. It was my main concern and I am glad the staff agrees. Maybe this guy will surprise us.
    This guy is your example of "Main Concern"? This is a first round draft pick who was eventually traded for a 7th round pick to the Falcons.

Some yutz said they would bring in a 2nd tier Vet long ago. This cat is a second tier Vet.

On a side note. I like this pickup if it happens. Adds some nice depth at the Nickle and a potential camp body to take some reps if Whinny isn't ready to go.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Squires12 wrote:
    Tye Hill is a perfect example of why people shouldn't fall in love with a guy based on his post season production (i.e. - Shrine game; Senior Bowl; Combine; Pro-Day; etc.).

If I remember correctly, this guy had a second round grade (maybe third) going into his bowl game then produced well in the bowl game followed by an AMAZING senior bowl. In fact he was the highlight reel the year he went to senior bowl. People began to fall in love with him and he shot up the draft boards as a result.

Not to say the guy won't ultimately produce, in fact I like the kid; but he was definitely over-valued the year he was drafted.

-Squires
    Excellent post my friend. Excellent post indeed.

Biggest concern here for me is his knee. I suspect the Falcons got him for a 7th cause there was some concern both on the Rams as well as the Falcons perspective.

Lets hope it is completely healed and 100%. If so, maybe we will be suprised.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bsmithberkley wrote:
    Drafted in 2006 and was banged up in 2007 and 2008.

Traditional cover guy who looks best suited for Nickel Package addition and possible insurance with Cedric questionable.

Even if they bring in a CB through the draft this bodes well for the Competition level among the CBs.

He won't challenge for a starters spot, but, he should add depth and make training camp more interesting if they sign him.
    Another fine post.

PackSux! is online now Hall of Famer

Let him perform in camp then make your judgement on him. Alot of people were whistling the same tune when we brought in the other first rounder from the rams(Jimmy).

Cedric's injury really makes me worried about our cornerback situation. Right now I only see us with one actual starting corner and that is Winfield, although he did revert to the nickel role at the end of the season but I believe that was all injury driven. Maybe Sapp will be able to step up and fill in for Cedric if things dont go well for his knee, only time will tell on that though.

So I think this is a good pickup and maybe playing with a guy like Winfield this fella will come in and perform well like Jimmy did.

PackSux! wrote:
    Let him perform in camp then make your judgement on him. Alot of people were whistling the same tune when we brought in the other first rounder from the rams(Jimmy).

Cedric's injury really makes me worried about our cornerback situation. Right now I only see us with one actual starting corner and that is Winfield, although he did revert to the nickel role at the end of the season but I believe that was all injury driven. Maybe Sapp will be able to step up and fill in for Cedric if things dont go well for his knee, only time will tell on that though.

So I think this is a good pickup and maybe playing with a guy like Winfield this fella will come in and perform well like Jimmy did.
    Excellent post my friend.

I for one think we could actually see the following starters in our secondary:

RCB - AA
    S - STJ (or Jamarcus)
    S - M-will (maybe even STJ or Jamarcus)
    LCB - Benny
    Nickel - Whinny

Again, we brought in a additional DB coach for a reason. We just might be running a very young secondary out there this year my friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast