Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101136
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101084
    I like the idea of getting him, especially if we can save some cash over M-will, but does anyone really think that Leslie is the one asking for a replacment?

Lets not forget that glowing endoursement Leslie gave M-will.

I see the FO pukes saying no to the coaching staff and going after someone they think will make us better. Maybe at the request of our new D-coord perhaps.
    Yes, I bet he is the one asking for a replacement. Lets not forget how excited we all were to get M-Will, but ever since his neck injury, he just hasn't seemed nearly the same.

Les was a DB, Les was a secondary coach, Les was a DC. I'm willing to bet he likes Weddle, and wants us to at the very least guage the interest and see what it woudl take to get him.

If Fraizer is hell-bent on keeping M-Will then IMO it's no better than Childress who hung onto the TJ project for 5 years.
    All I can go on is what the man said. If he's what he professes to be (Like Dungi) he doesn't lie. He said he wanted M-will to take a bigger role and gave him a glowing endoursement more than once this offseason (when he could talk).

I see this as nothing more than a staff doing what a staff should do. No one man making a decision, but the whole staff making a decision as a whole to make the team better.

Again, my guess, Coach Pagac has asked for a upgrade and is going to get it.

Heck, if nothing else, its probably Ricky Boy flexing his new found authority.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I'd love this pickup! THe kid has been averaging durn near 100 tackles and over half-a-dozen Passes defensed a year the past 3 years. He fits the MO too, coming off his first contract with potential to continue improving, and, worthy of a good long deal.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101139
    I like the idea of getting him, especially if we can save some cash over M-will, but does anyone really think that Leslie is the one asking for a replacment?

I see the FO pukes saying no to the coaching staff and going after someone they think will make us better. Maybe at the request of our new D-coord perhaps.
    Yes, I bet he is the one asking for a replacement. Lets not forget how excited we all were to get M-Will, but ever since his neck injury, he just hasn't seemed nearly the same.

Les was a DB, Les was a secondary coach, Les was a DC. I'm willing to bet he likes Weddle, and wants us to at the very least guage the interest and see what it woudl take to get him.

If Fraizer is hell-bent on keeping M-Will then IMO it's no better than Childress who hung onto the TJ project for 5 years.
    All I can go on is what the man said. If he's what he professes to be (Like Dungi) he doesn't lie. He said he wanted M-will to take a bigger role and gave him a glowing endoursement more than once this offseason (when he could talk).

I see this as nothing more than a staff doing what a staff should do. No one man making a decision, but the whole staff making a decision as a whole to make the team better.

You're imagination is running wild again!

Wouldn't it be far more likely Leslie has to say good things about a player who he may not be able to replace?
    I think it's just coach speak.
    My belief is that personel decisions are discussed and debated by all involved, a decision is made, then Spielman works on aquiring that player and Brez. works on the contract.
    They each have a role but work as a team.
    Why does there always have to be a conspiracy theory involving a power struggle.
    Seems a little dramatic.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No way we get him. We are already at the cap limit and then they need to sign McChunky to his contract so basically the OL,DL, WR and secondary are screwed. 5-11 might be optimistic.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Weddle is going back to San Diego.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/eric-weddle-stays-with-the-chargers/

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1101205
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/eric-weddle-stays-with-the-chargers/
    To bad. Not much out there that I like when it comes to a improvement over M-will.

Maybe a Mikell. Read a article when I scouted him that he was the 2nd most attacked S (48 or so pass defended and only gave up 5 or less TD's).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Ouch

Via JasonLaConfora on twitter

"Eric Weddle gets massive deal - $40M over 5 yrs, $13M sign bonus, $19M guar. Record guarantees and 2yr averages for a safety"

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1101168
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101139

You're imagination is running wild again!

Wouldn't it be far more likely Leslie has to say good things about a player who he may not be able to replace?
    I think it's just coach speak.
    My belief is that personel decisions are discussed and debated by all involved, a decision is made, then Spielman works on aquiring that player and Brez. works on the contract.
    They each have a role but work as a team.
    Why does there always have to be a conspiracy theory involving a power struggle.
    Seems a little dramatic.
    So when I said the following, isnt' that the same as just what you said?

Perhaps your looking for drama in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1101207
    Ouch

Via JasonLaConfora on twitter

"Eric Weddle gets massive deal - $40M over 5 yrs, $13M sign bonus, $19M guar. Record guarantees and 2yr averages for a safety"
    I remember a certain yutz on here saying that he didn't see anyone out there that could be had on the cheap to replace M-will.

Looks like that yutz was correct.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast