Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101136
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101084
    I like the idea of getting him, especially if we can save some cash over M-will, but does anyone really think that Leslie is the one asking for a replacment?

    Lets not forget that glowing endoursement Leslie gave M-will.

    I see the FO pukes saying no to the coaching staff and going after someone they think will make us better. Maybe at the request of our new D-coord perhaps.
    Yes, I bet he is the one asking for a replacement. Lets not forget how excited we all were to get M-Will, but ever since his neck injury, he just hasn't seemed nearly the same.

    Les was a DB, Les was a secondary coach, Les was a DC. I'm willing to bet he likes Weddle, and wants us to at the very least guage the interest and see what it woudl take to get him.

    If Fraizer is hell-bent on keeping M-Will then IMO it's no better than Childress who hung onto the TJ project for 5 years.
    All I can go on is what the man said. If he's what he professes to be (Like Dungi) he doesn't lie. He said he wanted M-will to take a bigger role and gave him a glowing endoursement more than once this offseason (when he could talk).

    I see this as nothing more than a staff doing what a staff should do. No one man making a decision, but the whole staff making a decision as a whole to make the team better.

    Again, my guess, Coach Pagac has asked for a upgrade and is going to get it.

    Heck, if nothing else, its probably Ricky Boy flexing his new found authority.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,841

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    I'd love this pickup! THe kid has been averaging durn near 100 tackles and over half-a-dozen Passes defensed a year the past 3 years. He fits the MO too, coming off his first contract with potential to continue improving, and, worthy of a good long deal.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #13
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101139
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101136
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101084
    I like the idea of getting him, especially if we can save some cash over M-will, but does anyone really think that Leslie is the one asking for a replacment?

    Lets not forget that glowing endoursement Leslie gave M-will.

    I see the FO pukes saying no to the coaching staff and going after someone they think will make us better. Maybe at the request of our new D-coord perhaps.
    Yes, I bet he is the one asking for a replacement. Lets not forget how excited we all were to get M-Will, but ever since his neck injury, he just hasn't seemed nearly the same.

    Les was a DB, Les was a secondary coach, Les was a DC. I'm willing to bet he likes Weddle, and wants us to at the very least guage the interest and see what it woudl take to get him.

    If Fraizer is hell-bent on keeping M-Will then IMO it's no better than Childress who hung onto the TJ project for 5 years.
    All I can go on is what the man said. If he's what he professes to be (Like Dungi) he doesn't lie. He said he wanted M-will to take a bigger role and gave him a glowing endoursement more than once this offseason (when he could talk).

    I see this as nothing more than a staff doing what a staff should do. No one man making a decision, but the whole staff making a decision as a whole to make the team better.

    Again, my guess, Coach Pagac has asked for a upgrade and is going to get it.

    Heck, if nothing else, its probably Ricky Boy flexing his new found authority.
    You're imagination is running wild again!

    Wouldn't it be far more likely Leslie has to say good things about a player who he may not be able to replace?
    I think it's just coach speak.
    My belief is that personel decisions are discussed and debated by all involved, a decision is made, then Spielman works on aquiring that player and Brez. works on the contract.
    They each have a role but work as a team.
    Why does there always have to be a conspiracy theory involving a power struggle.
    Seems a little dramatic.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  4. #14
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    No way we get him. We are already at the cap limit and then they need to sign McChunky to his contract so basically the OL,DL, WR and secondary are screwed. 5-11 might be optimistic.

  5. #15
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    Weddle is going back to San Diego.

  6. #16
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/eric-weddle-stays-with-the-chargers/


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1101205
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/27/eric-weddle-stays-with-the-chargers/
    To bad. Not much out there that I like when it comes to a improvement over M-will.

    Maybe a Mikell. Read a article when I scouted him that he was the 2nd most attacked S (48 or so pass defended and only gave up 5 or less TD's).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    Ouch

    Via JasonLaConfora on twitter

    "Eric Weddle gets massive deal - $40M over 5 yrs, $13M sign bonus, $19M guar. Record guarantees and 2yr averages for a safety"


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1101168
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101139
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101136
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101084
    I like the idea of getting him, especially if we can save some cash over M-will, but does anyone really think that Leslie is the one asking for a replacment?

    Lets not forget that glowing endoursement Leslie gave M-will.

    I see the FO pukes saying no to the coaching staff and going after someone they think will make us better. Maybe at the request of our new D-coord perhaps.
    Yes, I bet he is the one asking for a replacement. Lets not forget how excited we all were to get M-Will, but ever since his neck injury, he just hasn't seemed nearly the same.

    Les was a DB, Les was a secondary coach, Les was a DC. I'm willing to bet he likes Weddle, and wants us to at the very least guage the interest and see what it woudl take to get him.

    If Fraizer is hell-bent on keeping M-Will then IMO it's no better than Childress who hung onto the TJ project for 5 years.
    All I can go on is what the man said. If he's what he professes to be (Like Dungi) he doesn't lie. He said he wanted M-will to take a bigger role and gave him a glowing endoursement more than once this offseason (when he could talk).

    I see this as nothing more than a staff doing what a staff should do. No one man making a decision, but the whole staff making a decision as a whole to make the team better.

    Again, my guess, Coach Pagac has asked for a upgrade and is going to get it.

    Heck, if nothing else, its probably Ricky Boy flexing his new found authority.
    You're imagination is running wild again!

    Wouldn't it be far more likely Leslie has to say good things about a player who he may not be able to replace?
    I think it's just coach speak.
    My belief is that personel decisions are discussed and debated by all involved, a decision is made, then Spielman works on aquiring that player and Brez. works on the contract.
    They each have a role but work as a team.
    Why does there always have to be a conspiracy theory involving a power struggle.
    Seems a little dramatic.
    So when I said the following, isnt' that the same as just what you said?

    I see this as nothing more than a staff doing what a staff should do. No one man making a decision, but the whole staff making a decision as a whole to make the team better.
    Perhaps your looking for drama in my posts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: vikings call on Eric weddle

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1101207
    Ouch

    Via JasonLaConfora on twitter

    "Eric Weddle gets massive deal - $40M over 5 yrs, $13M sign bonus, $19M guar. Record guarantees and 2yr averages for a safety"
    I remember a certain yutz on here saying that he didn't see anyone out there that could be had on the cheap to replace M-will.

    Looks like that yutz was correct.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings agree to deal with Eric Frampton
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
  2. For Vikings, a safe ride is just a call away
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 12:14 PM
  3. Vikings make 'casual inquiries' about Eric Moulds.
    By PacMan21 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 12:11 AM
  4. Phantom Holding call and BONEHEAD CALL
    By hovan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
  5. Vikings Discussed In NFL Conference Call
    By PurplePharaoh in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 11:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •