Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095009
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095003
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095002
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094992
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094989
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094984
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094975
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1094973
    A few hours before the draft & only one trade RUMOR?
    The owners aren't playing NFL right now. They will come out later today, play NFL for awhile, then take their ball(balls) and go home.

I could see this trade rumor helping us. If any of the other high drafting teams decide they want two starters out of this draft, and know we are willing to move out of this years first round, perhaps things could happen. Purely hopeful speculation on my part.
    Why would you want to move out of the first round? All the amazing 2nd round talent?:laugh:
    I don't, but it seems the team is comfortable doing it. We did it last year, and a trade with Cleveland is set up now.
    The hopeful speculation is that the ante could be upped if more teams are interested resulting in additional picks.
    If you believe this sort of thing.

I personally think lots of teams contact each other around now to guage interest. I bet you there is no trade set up. If there's a guy we like at 12, we'll take him. If not, we'll consider moving.

I remember the last time we had a trade 'set up', we wound up missing our pick because we were waiting on the other team. Fortunately we still wound up with K-Dubb
    I hear ya. The way it was reported on multiple sites was, IF Cleveland got who they wanted with their pick, AND the 2nd player they wanted was available at 12, then the trade would come into effect.
    Would, or could?
    It is possible they are covering all their bases. If the player they covet is not there at their pick, they go with a trade with NE. If that is the case, it is a very good strategy. I still have a hard time believing NE would trade multiple picks to move up. Have they ever done that in the first round?
    Not sure, but the Pats have two firsts, two seconds AND two thirds. Pleanty of picks to move up with.
    Then f^(k Cleveland. Deal with us:cheer:
    Trade down to NE's 17, give them 12 and we get their third. THAT would be a trade I'm in favor of.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings/Browns talking Trade?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095022
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095021
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095010
    The owners aren't playing NFL right now. They will come out later today, play NFL for awhile, then take their ball(balls) and go home.

I could see this trade rumor helping us. If any of the other high drafting teams decide they want two starters out of this draft, and know we are willing to move out of this years first round, perhaps things could happen. Purely hopeful speculation on my part.
    Why would you want to move out of the first round? All the amazing 2nd round talent?:laugh:
    I don't, but it seems the team is comfortable doing it. We did it last year, and a trade with Cleveland is set up now.
    The hopeful speculation is that the ante could be upped if more teams are interested resulting in additional picks.

I personally think lots of teams contact each other around now to guage interest. I bet you there is no trade set up. If there's a guy we like at 12, we'll take him. If not, we'll consider moving.

I remember the last time we had a trade 'set up', we wound up missing our pick because we were waiting on the other team. Fortunately we still wound up with K-Dubb
    I hear ya. The way it was reported on multiple sites was, IF Cleveland got who they wanted with their pick, AND the 2nd player they wanted was available at 12, then the trade would come into effect.
    Would, or could?
    It is possible they are covering all their bases. If the player they covet is not there at their pick, they go with a trade with NE. If that is the case, it is a very good strategy. I still have a hard time believing NE would trade multiple picks to move up. Have they ever done that in the first round?
    Not sure, but the Pats have two firsts, two seconds AND two thirds. Pleanty of picks to move up with.
    Trade down to NE's 17, give them 12 and we get their third. THAT would be a trade I'm in favor of.
    LOL! A few weeks ago you told me New England doesn't trade up, if anything they trade down.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095022
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095021
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095010

Would, or could?
    Is that their original 3rd or Vikes old 3rd

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Why trade back? We need great talent and at 17 there will be less talent to choose from than at 12. There are plenty of positions we can improve on with the 12 pick that I cannot see how moving back will make our team better than by staying. We can get 3rd round talent in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095028
    Why trade back? We need great talent and at 17 there will be less talent to choose from than at 12. There are plenty of positions we can improve on with the 12 pick that I cannot see how moving back will make our team better than by staying. We can get 3rd round talent in other ways.
    Yeah but I don't like it when we trade up in the 2nd to do it

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1095029
    Depends who's on the board still. If there's two or three QB's they really feel strongly about, trading back 5 spots is probably a decent idea since those guys will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095030
    Depends who's on the board still. If there's two or three QB's they really feel strongly about, trading back 5 spots is probably a decent idea since those guys will still be there.
    I meant moving up in the 2nd for 3rd round talent....the 2dn round where we got Ryan Cook, TJack and Gerhart, thats kinda what I was referring to

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1095032
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095030
    I meant moving up in the 2nd for 3rd round talent....the 2dn round where we got Ryan Cook, TJack and Gerhart, thats kinda what I was referring to
    oh, yeah, don't do that.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I was talking more along the lines of trading a player that may not fit the team for a 3rd as opposed to burning a pick to do it.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

That was f'n funny right there vreg :laugh:
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789