Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    marshallvike is online now Team Alumni

Re: Vikings/Browns talking Trade?

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094984
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094975
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1094973
    A few hours before the draft & only one trade RUMOR?
    The owners aren't playing NFL right now. They will come out later today, play NFL for awhile, then take their ball(balls) and go home.

I could see this trade rumor helping us. If any of the other high drafting teams decide they want two starters out of this draft, and know we are willing to move out of this years first round, perhaps things could happen. Purely hopeful speculation on my part.
    Why would you want to move out of the first round? All the amazing 2nd round talent?:laugh:
    I don't, but it seems the team is comfortable doing it. We did it last year, and a trade with Cleveland is set up now.
    The hopeful speculation is that the ante could be upped if more teams are interested resulting in additional picks.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094989
    The owners aren't playing NFL right now. They will come out later today, play NFL for awhile, then take their ball(balls) and go home.

I could see this trade rumor helping us. If any of the other high drafting teams decide they want two starters out of this draft, and know we are willing to move out of this years first round, perhaps things could happen. Purely hopeful speculation on my part.
    Why would you want to move out of the first round? All the amazing 2nd round talent?:laugh:
    I don't, but it seems the team is comfortable doing it. We did it last year, and a trade with Cleveland is set up now.
    The hopeful speculation is that the ante could be upped if more teams are interested resulting in additional picks.
    If you believe this sort of thing.

I personally think lots of teams contact each other around now to guage interest. I bet you there is no trade set up. If there's a guy we like at 12, we'll take him. If not, we'll consider moving.

I remember the last time we had a trade 'set up', we wound up missing our pick because we were waiting on the other team. Fortunately we still wound up with K-Dubb

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

well latest rumour has NE talking to the Browns

Patriots and Browns talking trade?

be interesting to see, if it was true, who the Pats were looking at. They make a pick there and there could be a lot of draft boards getting screwed.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1094995

be interesting to see, if it was true, who the Pats were looking at. They make a pick there and there could be a lot of draft boards getting screwed.
    That would actually be a pretty damn good trade for both teams.

As long as they draft smartly, the browns can get two quality players to come in and be part of that franchise for a long time.

Pats can now step up and get a top prospect in the draft. Maybe AJ? Pats offense would be scary with Welker, Branch, AJ, Watson, Gronkowski and Brady. Imagine a two-TE 3-wide formation, would devastate teams. You can NOT defend that.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094992

I personally think lots of teams contact each other around now to guage interest. I bet you there is no trade set up. If there's a guy we like at 12, we'll take him. If not, we'll consider moving.

I remember the last time we had a trade 'set up', we wound up missing our pick because we were waiting on the other team. Fortunately we still wound up with K-Dubb
    I hear ya. The way it was reported on multiple sites was, IF Cleveland got who they wanted with their pick, AND the 2nd player they wanted was available at 12, then the trade would come into effect.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095002

I hear ya. The way it was reported on multiple sites was, IF Cleveland got who they wanted with their pick, AND the 2nd player they wanted was available at 12, then the trade would come into effect.
    Would, or could?

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1094995

I heard/saw this one in multiple places. Bellicheck has a ton of picks this year (again) and seems to outfox people every year. I could see this one happening.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095003

Would, or could?
    It is possible they are covering all their bases. If the player they covet is not there at their pick, they go with a trade with NE. If that is the case, it is a very good strategy. I still have a hard time believing NE would trade multiple picks to move up. Have they ever done that in the first round?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095009

Would, or could?
    It is possible they are covering all their bases. If the player they covet is not there at their pick, they go with a trade with NE. If that is the case, it is a very good strategy. I still have a hard time believing NE would trade multiple picks to move up. Have they ever done that in the first round?
    Not sure, but the Pats have two firsts, two seconds AND two thirds. Pleanty of picks to move up with.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095010
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095009

Would, or could?
    Not sure, but the Pats have two firsts, two seconds AND two thirds. Pleanty of picks to move up with.
    Then f^(k Cleveland. Deal with us:cheer:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast