Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings/Browns talking Trade?

[quote="Purple Floyd" #1094926It'd a class deep in QB. There will be less looking in FA and more taking a chance in the mid rounds of the draft.[/quote]
    Again, I agree, problem is, those cats (draft class) all need work. Some of the vets that might be available and some of the vets that are available all have some sort of "Attractiveness" to teams, to the point I think you are going to see the most movement by QB's (Draft/Trade/FA aquisition) than we have seen for along time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094932
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1094924
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094911
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1094854
    Kolb has not shown anything to give up 2 1st rounders. In fact, as much as I liked Schaub I agreed with the staff for not giving up that much for him.

Would I give a a first rounder? Yep. But not two. Same said for Orton who is even more proven than Kolb.
    Again, the 2 firsts is a guess based on what I percieve as a scenario where 3 or 4 teams are offering packages.

In short, it might take 2 1rsts. If it does, a move like this puts us in a situation were we could do it.

By the way, I wouldn't give a 3rd for Orton. I'd rather draft a kid with 12. Again, rationale behind that is Orton is a Garcia like guy who is only gonna get you a 9-7 type record.
    I can't agree with you on Orton. I'm confused as to why you would be willing to give up 2 first rounders for Kolb who has only played a handful of games whereas Orton has more experience and has proven he could lead a team. His rookie year he was the one that took the team into the playoffs and NFCCG befoer Rex came back. That is when he was only a game manager.

Now,he not only can manage a game but if he had some talent around him he could even win games. He can win with his management and with his arm when needed. Kolb has thrown for a lot of yards and has promise but I just don't get the fact when you compare the two QBs you would be willing to give 2 first rounders for a guy where there is a lot of questions yet only give up a 3rd for a guy who is a proven winner.
    I wouldn't give up 2 firsts for Kolb either. I'm just saying that the bidding might get that high. If staffs like him that much, there has to be a reason why.

I know why the Iggles are ready to move on, Vick, but they originally opted for Kolb over Dnabb. I gotta agree with that move after watching Dnabb this year.

As to Orton, I ask the following question, "why is Denver ready to move on?" Tebow is definately not a Vick when it comes to experience, but he is a very mobile QB, which IMHO is were staffs are starting to move to when it comes to QB's.

Kolb, although he isn't gonna set track records, is good at moving around and extending plays. That, IMHO is what makes him attractive. That along with experience (5 years) behind a couple of good QB's and after being coached by a damn good staff when it comes to QB development.

Don't get me wrong. There is still probably some risk associated with him, but I think there is enough tape (Proof) to say that he is a QB that can get it done for a team.
    I do agree that Kolb has potential. As to why the Broncos are ready to go with Tebow the answer I'm going to give there is because they know they aren't going to a superbowl and they want him to learn with the rest of the younger guys. In other words, build chemistry together.

Personally I like what Orton brings to the table. He doesn't turn the ball over and he can get the job done with his arm when needed. I watch him play and most of his turnovers are due to tipped passes or hail mary's.

Again, I think Kolb has good potential and I wouldn't cry over getting him. In fact, I would be ecstatic. However, I wouldn't give 2 first rounders for him. I wouldn't give 2 first rounders for Orton either. I do get what you are saying. You are judging by what the Eagles asked for last year and now with supply and demand there is a good chance they ask for more. Which is exactly the same reason why the Broncos are being unrealistic when they are asking for a 1st rounder for Orton.

Truth is I would give a 1st rounder for both of them. I just wouldn't give 2 for either. I, however, would be willing to give up more for a guy like Orton than I would for Kolb only because Orton has proven more to me than Kolb. The situation of the lack of QBs is why teams are in the predicament of giving more than a player is worth. Just like it was for WRs 3 years ago. It's all about Supply and Demand.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1094956
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094932
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1094924
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094911
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1094854
    Kolb has not shown anything to give up 2 1st rounders. In fact, as much as I liked Schaub I agreed with the staff for not giving up that much for him.

Would I give a a first rounder? Yep. But not two. Same said for Orton who is even more proven than Kolb.
    Again, the 2 firsts is a guess based on what I percieve as a scenario where 3 or 4 teams are offering packages.

In short, it might take 2 1rsts. If it does, a move like this puts us in a situation were we could do it.

By the way, I wouldn't give a 3rd for Orton. I'd rather draft a kid with 12. Again, rationale behind that is Orton is a Garcia like guy who is only gonna get you a 9-7 type record.
    I can't agree with you on Orton. I'm confused as to why you would be willing to give up 2 first rounders for Kolb who has only played a handful of games whereas Orton has more experience and has proven he could lead a team. His rookie year he was the one that took the team into the playoffs and NFCCG befoer Rex came back. That is when he was only a game manager.

Now,he not only can manage a game but if he had some talent around him he could even win games. He can win with his management and with his arm when needed. Kolb has thrown for a lot of yards and has promise but I just don't get the fact when you compare the two QBs you would be willing to give 2 first rounders for a guy where there is a lot of questions yet only give up a 3rd for a guy who is a proven winner.
    I wouldn't give up 2 firsts for Kolb either. I'm just saying that the bidding might get that high. If staffs like him that much, there has to be a reason why.

I know why the Iggles are ready to move on, Vick, but they originally opted for Kolb over Dnabb. I gotta agree with that move after watching Dnabb this year.

As to Orton, I ask the following question, "why is Denver ready to move on?" Tebow is definately not a Vick when it comes to experience, but he is a very mobile QB, which IMHO is were staffs are starting to move to when it comes to QB's.

Kolb, although he isn't gonna set track records, is good at moving around and extending plays. That, IMHO is what makes him attractive. That along with experience (5 years) behind a couple of good QB's and after being coached by a damn good staff when it comes to QB development.

Don't get me wrong. There is still probably some risk associated with him, but I think there is enough tape (Proof) to say that he is a QB that can get it done for a team.
    I do agree that Kolb has potential. As to why the Broncos are ready to go with Tebow the answer I'm going to give there is because they know they aren't going to a superbowl and they want him to learn with the rest of the younger guys. In other words, build chemistry together.

Personally I like what Orton brings to the table. He doesn't turn the ball over and he can get the job done with his arm when needed. I watch him play and most of his turnovers are due to tipped passes or hail mary's.

Again, I think Kolb has good potential and I wouldn't cry over getting him. In fact, I would be ecstatic. However, I wouldn't give 2 first rounders for him. I wouldn't give 2 first rounders for Orton either. I do get what you are saying. You are judging by what the Eagles asked for last year and now with supply and demand there is a good chance they ask for more. Which is exactly the same reason why the Broncos are being unrealistic when they are asking for a 1st rounder for Orton.

Truth is I would give a 1st rounder for both of them. I just wouldn't give 2 for either. I, however, would be willing to give up more for a guy like Orton than I would for Kolb only because Orton has proven more to me than Kolb. The situation of the lack of QBs is why teams are in the predicament of giving more than a player is worth. Just like it was for WRs 3 years ago. It's all about Supply and Demand.
    So....... are the Vikings and Browwns still talking trade?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Be it Cleveland or someone else, i do see us trading back our first round pick. If Locker is the guy they want then he will be there late in the 2nd round i believe.

On the other hand if somehow Gabbert should fall to 7th then i think they will make a big move to trade up and pick him up. Which i would be in favour of.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

A few hours before the draft & only one trade RUMOR?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1094973
    The owners aren't playing NFL right now. They will come out later today, play NFL for awhile, then take their ball(balls) and go home.

I could see this trade rumor helping us. If any of the other high drafting teams decide they want two starters out of this draft, and know we are willing to move out of this years first round, perhaps things could happen. Purely hopeful speculation on my part.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

LOL Singer

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094975
    The owners aren't playing NFL right now. They will come out later today, play NFL for awhile, then take their ball(balls) and go home.

I could see this trade rumor helping us. If any of the other high drafting teams decide they want two starters out of this draft, and know we are willing to move out of this years first round, perhaps things could happen. Purely hopeful speculation on my part.
    Why would you want to move out of the first round? All the amazing 2nd round talent?:laugh:

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1094970
    Be it Cleveland or someone else, i do see us trading back our first round pick. If Locker is the guy they want then he will be there late in the 2nd round i believe.

On the other hand if somehow Gabbert should fall to 7th then i think they will make a big move to trade up and pick him up. Which i would be in favour of.
    Problem is that history on finding many franchise QBs in the second round isn't comforting - look at this
    Don't count on QB-needy teams finding help in second round

Of course there are exceptions, lets hope we have one of those exceptions if we wait til the second round :whistle:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

delviking is offline Starter

who knows we may look to move up to 4th cause the bengals are looking to trade back and might even take less than Draft chart value for the pick.
    Saw it on NFLN.
    Maybe move up and take Gabbert if hes there.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast