Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings/Browns talking Trade?

Sorry everyone, I have had a moment to calm down after reading the article again....

WTF!
    This isn't like getting a first round pick for free.
    Anyone care to do the math....
    You are giving up a 1st round pick....
    You are ending up with 2nd round picks
    Next season you will have 2 1st round picks
    All you have gained is a 2nd round pick. over 2 years.
    This is a fucking retarded trade. Why? Because we are gaining a 2nd round pick to drop down almost 30 fuck spots. Speilman you fucking dope. The only thing I can think can come of this is if we are trying to be able to buget 2 ist next year to select Luck....but the team that has the #1 pick won't give him up

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Sounds pretty bad.. Don't do it man..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1094828
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1094826
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094825
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094822
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094820
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094819
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094816
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094798
    Maybe we will see a two team deal here. We will take both of our first round picks for next years draft and package them and send them to the Iggles for Kolb.

If we do that, I will lead the "Fire Spielman" mob
    I'll help hold the banner.
    I'll light the torches and bring my own pitchfork.
    Ok, so we've got three of the key components to a successful mob. Banner, leader and torch/pitchforks. Now we just need mass amounts of people.

We need to pop down to Springfield, they know how to form an angry mob.

We could just edit in some of the footage from the 'sconnie teacher protest if we need to make it look like the crowd is bigger. I learned that from Faux news network.
    Add me to your mob. I'll do whatever. Light torches, help make banners, bring a vikings horn to blow in. I don't want Kolb. Get off his dick, he hasn't done anything
    I'll personally walk from San Jose through the Mid-West to pick up Spielman's ass and send him back to ESPN.
    Well I was getting ready to be part of an angry mob in Vancouver but the Canucks dodged their choke so I have some tar and feathers with an open calender at the moment :evil:

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

The only thing I have to say is if (a big if) Julio Jones is still available at #12 the Vikings would be stupid not to take him.

Other than that I like the idea of trading down so long as they are able to nab Locker in the 2nd round. Having 2 1st round picks next year could be big. I just think the Browns have to sweeten this deal somewhat. I don't think the current rumor is enough to trade the #12 pick away.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Well I think that you have to think like a New England Patriot for once (yeah I said it). That being said we should look at Cleveland's state of the franchise. For this trade, I think we want to analyze where we think we will be drafting next year (Cleveland's pick). 12 is a high pick which IMO makes this trade a no no in the first place.

However there are a couple of points that I think really change the dynamics of this trade.

1) Cleveland has a new coach, new system, new coaching staff. The lockout does not help the fact that they need to install these systems and practice them. I don't think that helps them going into this season.

2) 3 of 5 Cleveland's wins were decided by 3 points or less (won two games by 3, and one game by 1).

3) Cleveland is making a transition from 3-4 to a 4-3. It doesn't help the fact that Mike Roth is the best defensive end and Shaun Rodgers is gone.

4) Cleveland's defense last year was a damn good defense, it was the identity of the team (along with Hillis). I'll tell you the main reason that defense was so good. Rob Ryan!!! With him gone and a new d cordinator in town, this defense is definitely going to regress, not necessarily because of him leaving but rather the fact they are transitioning to a 4-3.

5) Cleveland's offense scored 16.9 points a game (31st). Supports my claim that their defense must've been rock solid or at least shows that this offense is not very explosive and Colt McCoy is not the s*** (not yet at least).

6) AFC North? Who do they have? Baltimore and Pittsburg.... yeah I don't care if any team can win any Sunday, Cleveland won't. It sounds like wishful thinking but its just common sense.

7) Colt McCoy like most quarterbacks in this league could have the infamous "sophomore slump" could be due to having a new playbook (I don't know how different Pat Shurmur's scheme will be to what they have had in the past).

8) Peyton Hillis is on the Madden Cover <------ Most important point.

I think the Browns understand they are in rebuilding mode. They probably see 2 blue chip players in this draft they want as "cornerstones" for their franchise. Giving up a 1st round pick in next year's draft is not a good idea in my opinion, simply because they will most likely be drafting in the top 8 again. Am I saying I like this trade, NO. But I can see why Spielman may be considering it. I really think if he does consider it, he's really gambling on the fact that Cleveland will be drafting very high next year.

Doesn't it seem that Spielman is shying away from drafting a QB in this draft or am I the only one getting this vibe. Maybe its a smokescreen, but if he really doesn't like any QBs in this draft it makes sense to simply not draft one this year. With your additional picks you have the option of drafting a QB next year, attacking free agency, or simply making a blockbuster trade for a QB he likes.

Don't get it twisted guys, a lot of this article is confusing to me, but I'm just looking at it from a different POV and trying to make sense of it. I guess looking at the actual state of Cleveland, this trade makes a lot of sense and in fact can be a very good trade for us. On the other hand there will be such a great player sitting there at 12 is it worth the risk of passing on him just to get a high pick next year and possibly a franchise QB?

*Also the rookie salary cap scale, if established, will save us a lot of money if we were to draft twice in the top 10. Just food for thought.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094806
    Belichick
    That is exactly who the "Whistly Emoticon" guy was waiting for. I just didn't want to be the one who posted his name.

Most on here have a deep seeded dislike of the man. I think their staff are the best in the business followed quickly by the Steelers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Maybe we will see a two team deal here. We will take both of our first round picks for next years draft and package them and send them to the Iggles for Kolb.

Why? Hindsight is 20/20 but would you have done this deal a few years ago for Schaub? Truth be told, Kolb has shown more flash than he has and look how that has worked out for the Texans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094818
    Better trade:

Unload our first to Cincy (4th overall) for their second, a first next year and Ochocinco/Palmer/both.

If they don't like it, they can go fuck themselves
    Now we are talking, maybe the target is another vet QB that might be available, say Palmer.

I myself think he is better than McNabb. Maybe the package is one of our 1rst next year and the second the Browns give us this year.

We still wind up with a better QB than any of the rookes and all we gave up (in essence) is a first round pick for him.

By the way, if we do this, it means that the only guys left at 12 are guys the staff don't think are worth a pick at that spot.

Again, a damn fine QB seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094822
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094820
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094819

I'll help hold the banner.
    I'll light the torches and bring my own pitchfork.
    Ok, so we've got three of the key components to a successful mob. Banner, leader and torch/pitchforks. Now we just need mass amounts of people.

We need to pop down to Springfield, they know how to form an angry mob.

I still don't understand why everyone is so against Kolb. What has the guy done other than good things?

Name me one other QB in this years draft that has proven more than him.

Again, I bring back the Schaub discussion. Everyone of you are all over the Schaub trade now saying how we should have done it.

Maybe, just maybe, Kolb is this years Schaub.:whistle:

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1094826
    Add me to your mob. I'll do whatever. Light torches, help make banners, bring a vikings horn to blow in. I don't want Kolb. Get off his dick, he hasn't done anything
    Get off his dick. comeon, why ya gotta go down that path. Lets just have a nice discussion with getting all FUCKING PISSY. DAMN.

Back to the discussion.

I used Kolb. Think about some other options. Bleed brought up Palmer.

I mean anyone is better than one of these rookies right, especially when you say he hasn't done anything with respect to Kolb.

On a side note, there is the other side of this discussion that I also brought up and that is the staff has been told to go cheap. Trade out of the first cause we can't afford to sign them.

Not sure about you, but I'd much rather think that they aren't going down that path. hmy:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast