Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/89369852.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKU7DYaGE P7vDEh7PiUs


    Depth guy got lost in their 3-4 defense but seemed decent in 08

    His stats

    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3359

    Just need to wait on some Packer fan opinion and for Marrdro to get upset that we are looking at ex Packer players. :P
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    I actually like this guy when he was coming out. Nice size to play LDE at the next level. Not much of a pass rusher but he was supposed to be hell against RT's and TE's against the run.

    Believe it or not, really doesn't matter to me that he was a PUKER. Never really did anything to garner my ire. Bring him in, lets see what he can do on the left end.

    On a side note......BYE BYE SAGE....... :laugh:

    Sage discussions?
    The National Football Post reported Sunday the Vikings were discussing the availability of quarterback Sage Rosenfels with the Oakland Raiders, but two NFL sources said they had no knowledge of such discussions.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    I actually like this guy on the Vikings, as well.

    We got a good look at him during the 2008 season when KGB faded away and Jenkins got injured. It wasn't pretty. Not at all. He's just a jack of all trades. And a bad one at that. He's not great against the run, he's not very good at rushing the passer, he's not really shedding blocks and he doesn't have great vision.

    I think that you would've been better off with Jason Hunter last year, who we used in the same role, than Montgomery last year. I think that this will be nothing more than a workout. Even on STs he's pretty average.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    Rockmolder wrote:
    I actually like this guy on the Vikings, as well.

    We got a good look at him during the 2008 season when KGB faded away and Jenkins got injured. It wasn't pretty. Not at all. He's just a jack of all trades. And a bad one at that. He's not great against the run, he's not very good at rushing the passer, he's not really shedding blocks and he doesn't have great vision.

    I think that you would've been better off with Jason Hunter last year, who we used in the same role, than Montgomery last year. I think that this will be nothing more than a workout. Even on STs he's pretty average.
    Thanks Molder.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    Well, you signed him.

    It's going to be interesting to see what he can do from the left side and together with Allen. If he gets the chance to do that.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  6. #6
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/89481857.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiU47cQUzyaP37D _MDua_eyD5PcOiU

    Packers defensive end Michael Montgomery, who agreed to a one-year deal that is believed to be for around the veteran's minimum of $630,000.

    Just veteran minimum contract if he can show he is better the Jayme Mitchell he makes the roster if not we just send him packing.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  7. #7
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    Marrdro wrote:
    I actually like this guy when he was coming out. Nice size to play LDE at the next level. Not much of a pass rusher but he was supposed to be hell against RT's and TE's against the run.

    Believe it or not, really doesn't matter to me that he was a PUKER. Never really did anything to garner my ire. Bring him in, lets see what he can do on the left end.

    On a side note......BYE BYE SAGE....... :laugh:

    Sage discussions?
    The National Football Post reported Sunday the Vikings were discussing the availability of quarterback Sage Rosenfels with the Oakland Raiders, but two NFL sources said they had no knowledge of such discussions.
    Wait a minute. So it matters if Favre was a Packer but not this guy? LMFAO!

  8. #8
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    marstc09 wrote:
    Wait a minute. So it matters if Favre was a Packer but not this guy? LMFAO!
    Favre was a Packer?!?!

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I actually like this guy when he was coming out. Nice size to play LDE at the next level. Not much of a pass rusher but he was supposed to be hell against RT's and TE's against the run.

    Believe it or not, really doesn't matter to me that he was a PUKER. Never really did anything to garner my ire. Bring him in, lets see what he can do on the left end.

    On a side note......BYE BYE SAGE....... :laugh:

    Sage discussions?
    The National Football Post reported Sunday the Vikings were discussing the availability of quarterback Sage Rosenfels with the Oakland Raiders, but two NFL sources said they had no knowledge of such discussions.
    Wait a minute. So it matters if Favre was a Packer but not this guy? LMFAO!
    It does. I mean seriously, what has he really done in the way of causing me heartache.

    Absolutely nothing.

    The Noodle on the other hand, almost everything he did (does rembember the INT in the 2009 NFCC game?) has been geared around breaking my heart.

    Think of it in varying degrees of disdain.

    First Degree - Can't stand him. Never will.
    Second Degree - Damn guy. Everything he does pisses me off, but he does do some things that are OK with me.
    Third Degree - He drives me crazy but I am warming to him.
    Fourth Degree - Who cares. Never heard of him while he was on the PUKERs.

    Noodle = First Degree
    Sharp = Second Degree
    Shortwell/Ferguson = Third Degree
    Montgomery = Fourth Degree

    On a side note. I like this signing, even though Molder says he isn't very good. Brings in a true LDE and as my good friend Fuad said, if he beats out Mitchell, good on him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Vikings to bring former Packer DE in for a visit

    Randy Moss wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Wait a minute. So it matters if Favre was a Packer but not this guy? LMFAO!
    Favre was a Packer?!?!
    The Noodle IS A PUKER.....

    Always will be. Some of you just seem to ignore that fact.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bring Back Warp a Packer
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 02:55 PM
  2. Vikings Visit St. Joe's
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 05:39 AM
  3. Vikings Visit yet another FB.
    By UndisputedVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 11:54 PM
  4. Visit to Vikings Office
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 03:45 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 08:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •