Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Vikings beef up their backfield

ejmat wrote:
    Where I disagree with Marrdro is how the hell is it the noodles fault? You have to find someway to blame him huh :P
    .....snicker....... Your on to me my friend.

Then I guess it would be okay for me to blame Smoot for his fumbles too :laugh:
    Go ahead, didn't like Smoot when he was a Deadskin, didn't like him when he was a Vike, and was happy when the Deadskins got him back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

jmcdon00 wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    Nobody has mentioned Gerhart yet. They are just coming off mini-camp. Maybe Chilly didn't like what he saw. He might think Toby is a bit too raw and won't be ready as the #2 at the beginning of the season and wanted a vet on the roster as insurance.

Not saying it is true, but I wouldn't have thought the Vikes would load up another RB, when they are already have 3, who have been in the Vikes system, competeing for the #3 spot.
    Good point. Could very well be that they are not too confident Gerhart can fill CT shoes.
    I'm still of the opinion that it is a very simple matter of the front office trying to put the best product possible on the field. So if they think Moats is better than the Vikings 3rd option(Johnson?) it would make sence they go get him.
    Agree that its probably the latter of just trying to field the best team possible within a budget. I haven't seen anything on what we paid for this guy, might be somewhat telling on expectations for him.

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Where I disagree with Marrdro is how the hell is it the noodles fault? You have to find someway to blame him huh :P

Go ahead, didn't like Smoot when he was a Deadskin, didn't like him when he was a Vike, and was happy when the Deadskins got him back.
    From what I know of how Smoot parties, this should have helped the fumbling stuff, not hindered. (who doesnt love a good Luv Boat party reference?)

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

I have to admit I was pretty happy when we got Smoot. I hoped to draft him that year. Then he turned out being a bumb for the Vikes. Nothing but a smack-talking no one. It's all his fault.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

tastywaves wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    Nobody has mentioned Gerhart yet. They are just coming off mini-camp. Maybe Chilly didn't like what he saw. He might think Toby is a bit too raw and won't be ready as the #2 at the beginning of the season and wanted a vet on the roster as insurance.

Not saying it is true, but I wouldn't have thought the Vikes would load up another RB, when they are already have 3, who have been in the Vikes system, competeing for the #3 spot.
    Good point. Could very well be that they are not too confident Gerhart can fill CT shoes.
    I'm still of the opinion that it is a very simple matter of the front office trying to put the best product possible on the field. So if they think Moats is better than the Vikings 3rd option(Johnson?) it would make sence they go get him.
    Agree that its probably the latter of just trying to field the best team possible within a budget. I haven't seen anything on what we paid for this guy, might be somewhat telling on expectations for him.
    Similar to my read...

A good Journeyman RB becomes available who Chilly is familiar with and probably doesn't cost much on a 1-year contract becomes available and the Vikings add him to a roster that has very limited experience. Smart move for the team, the competition level and experience this move brings is great. If Moats proves to be fully back from his broken ankle and then this could be a very nice little signing.
    None

bsmithberkley wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    gagarr wrote:

Similar to my read...

A good Journeyman RB becomes available who Chilly is familiar with and probably doesn't cost much on a 1-year contract becomes available and the Vikings add him to a roster that has very limited experience. Smart move for the team, the competition level and experience this move brings is great. If Moats proves to be fully back from his broken ankle and then this could be a very nice little signing.
    +1

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Thanks for the read Slav.

I find it kindof interesting that AD has gone from the "Star" of the team, to possibly in the HC's doghouse in just a short time.

For this, I blame the Noodle.

In the end, just a quick shout out......... Hey AD, I'm still on your side my friend. Hang in there champ.
    Ah yes we might as well blame Favre for the fumbles too. You are nuts if you think Peterson is not going to start for this team.

We lost a big time player in Taylor. We are looking for his replacement.

LOL at you still being on his side. So Favre can miss and it is not ok but Peterson can. Thus another example of your bias and double standards.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Fumbled 3 times last year on 114 touches. 1 in 38 touches. For his career he has fumbled 6 times on 224 touches. 1 in 37.33 touches.
    AD
    2009 7 of 359 touches. 1 in 51.29
    career 20 of 998 touches. 1 in 49.9

Just saying.
    Interesting numbers but Philly plays outdoors.

Just saying.

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Fumbled 3 times last year on 114 touches. 1 in 38 touches. For his career he has fumbled 6 times on 224 touches. 1 in 37.33 touches.
    AD
    2009 7 of 359 touches. 1 in 51.29
    career 20 of 998 touches. 1 in 49.9

Just saying.
    You just keep on saying my friend. Top shelf.
    These stats are garbage. If Moats had as many touches as Peterson, there is no telling what he could do. Don't underestimate the power of getting into a groove.

gagarr wrote:

Nice post. I agree 100%

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast