Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: Vikings attend Senior Bowl in search of QBs

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089471
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1089421
    If you wanted Pouncey you could trade back, imo
    Trade back for the number 1 C and number 1 rated G? My guess, he goes 10-15.
    Even if you are right you have to think big picture.

IMO, you have to start looking at prices for things like veteran DE's.

That price is BRUTAL. Rookie guards and centers are a bit of a commodity pick, at least in contrast with rookie (potential) LT's. Remember, at this level, bust tackles often wind up as good guards, and they "got that shot" at the tackle position.

College guard / center types have to be profoundly good to go in the top half of a first round...generalizing here...

Edit-

At 12, when possible, you go for an LT prospect if there. Go big, and go fast, especially in our division. The Vikes will find a spot for him.

That combo does not come around in later rounds, that's why they go so fas in the draft.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089393
    ... Add to that the fact that K-dubb is gonna be gone for a stint this year cause he got caught juicing and we have a big whole at DT (STILL).
    This is how rumors get started...

Williams was not caught juicing...he was taking a weight loss substance that contained an UNLABELED banned substance.

Please try and maintain at least a moderate degree of accuracy.

Caine

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Guards and Centers rarely go that high..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1089475
    ... Add to that the fact that K-dubb is gonna be gone for a stint this year cause he got caught juicing and we have a big whole at DT (STILL).

Williams was not caught juicing...he was taking a weight loss substance that contained an UNLABELED banned substance.

Caine
    Comeon, you can't not sit here and look at production at those two positions since they got caught using the "Weight Loss Substance" with the "Unlabeled banned substance" in it.

Spin it how you will. Won't change my belief that they were trying to mask their juicing and got caught.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1089481
    Guards and Centers rarely go that high..
    One could almost say that there is a new trend out there.

Gaurds

Centers

Tackles

Truth of the matter is, there are alot more "Bigs" getting drafted in the first round that last few years than there are the "Sexy" "Skilled" position players.

Mostly, IMHO, because there isn't that big of a risk in failure.

Again, the cat is rated the number 1 G and number 1 C. Because he brings that type of versatility I don't think it is out of the question that he won't go 10-15 especially if you take into account how crappy the QB's are, how many DE's will go ahead of him and the depth at the other positions such as CB.

I for one am going to be interested to see how all of the OLmen are projected this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1089472
    Even if you are right you have to think big picture.

IMO, you have to start looking at prices for things like veteran DE's.

That price is BRUTAL. Rookie guards and centers are a bit of a commodity pick, at least in contrast with rookie (potential) LT's. Remember, at this level, bust tackles often wind up as good guards, and they "got that shot" at the tackle position.

College guard / center types have to be profoundly good to go in the top half of a first round...generalizing here...

Edit-

At 12, when possible, you go for an LT prospect if there. Go big, and go fast, especially in our division. The Vikes will find a spot for him.

That combo does not come around in later rounds, that's why they go so fas in the draft.
    Good stuff and not much to disagree with. I will have a better gauge on were I think he should be slated/projected if/when I start my rankings.

As with last year, work is nuts and I am behind schedule with that effort this year.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089490

Caine
    Comeon, you can't not sit here and look at production at those two positions since they got caught using the "Weight Loss Substance" with the "Unlabeled banned substance" in it.

Spin it how you will. Won't change my belief that they were trying to mask their juicing and got caught.
    Yet another unsubstantiated accusation thrown out there.

Did you happen to notice that Ray Edwards disappeared last season? He wasn't accused.

Did you notice that Jared Allen disappeared for half the season? He wasn't accused.

Did you notice our Secondary getting burned repeatedly? They weren't accused.

In fact, the NFL's complaint made NO accusation of using steroids...only that they used a product which contained a masking agent - bumetanide, a diuretic, often refered to as a "water pill" (because it makes you pee alot).

But hey, keep throwing those baseless, groundless accusations out there with absolutely no regard for the truth or relevant facts.

Here, educate yourself a bit before you continue this new line of ridiculousness:

http://steroidreport.com/2008/10/26/bumetanide-used-by-nfl-players-to-mask-anabolic-steroid-use/

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1089515
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1089490

Caine

Yet another unsubstantiated accusation thrown out there.

Did you happen to notice that Ray Edwards disappeared last season? He wasn't accused.

Did you notice that Jared Allen disappeared for half the season? He wasn't accused.

Did you notice our Secondary getting burned repeatedly? They weren't accused.

In fact, the NFL's complaint made NO accusation of using steroids...only that they used a product which contained a masking agent - bumetanide, a diuretic, often refered to as a "water pill" (because it makes you pee alot).

But hey, keep throwing those baseless, groundless accusations out there with absolutely no regard for the truth or relevant facts.

Here, educate yourself a bit before you continue this new line of ridiculousness:

http://steroidreport.com/2008/10/26/bumetanide-used-by-nfl-players-to-mask-anabolic-steroid-use/

Caine
    I don't need to accuse Ray, he already has the "cheater" label in my book.

No reason to question the secondary when it comes to drop off in play other than just skill level. They aren't going to get suspended for 4 games.

Until you give me something other than your opinion as "Absolute", I am still gonna say they were caught and I am gonna use the "Weight Loss" aide coupled together with a drop in production as a reason to doubt them.

Besides, when did Webby mandate that we aren't allowed to use our own original thoughts to stimulate discussions?

Spielman on QB: We're looking at all avenues
    I can read between the lines here. Unless one of the top 2 fall to 12, we won't take one there but will elect to take one in the second or later and go with Webb, whoever you draft and probably someone like Bomar as competitiion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123