Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Vikings assess FSU defensive back's knee

From Staff, News Services
    Last update: April 14, 2006 – 11:25 PM

Wanting to check on the progress of Antonio Cromartie's recovery from a knee injury that sidelined him for the 2005 season, the Vikings had the Florida State cornerback in for a predraft visit this week. News of Cromartie's visit first appeared on Scout.com.
    Cromartie was at least the second cornerback brought in by the team -- Georgia's DeMario Minter was in town Monday -- and the third defensive back. Tennessee safety Jason Allen visited Tuesday.

The 6-2, 205-pound Cromartie is projected as a late first-round pick.

Cromartie had surgery to repair his anterior cruciate ligament, lateral collateral ligament and the hamstring tendon in his left knee after being injured during voluntary workouts July 12.

His rehabilitation process was projected to be nine month. By bringing him in, the Vikings medical staff was able to give Cromartie a physical and get a better idea of his progress.

In 2004, Cromartie tied for the team lead with four interceptions and returned one for a touchdown at Florida State. However, he made only one start in two seasons. He could have improved his stock by returning to school but has decided to leave to help support his family.

On Friday, the Vikings hosted Alabama linebacker DeMeco Ryans and Southern Cal tight end Dominique Byrd. The Vikings have no visits planned for this weekend but expect to meet with Texas quarterback Vince Young on Monday.

The Vikings hold the 17th pick in the first round of the draft, which will be held April 29-30.

Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings assess FSU defensive back's knee

KFFL
    Vikings | Team conducted pre-draft visit with A. Cromartie
    Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:30:37 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings conducted a pre-draft visit with Florida State CB Antonio Cromartie (knee) earlier this week. The 6-2, 205-pound Cromartie is projected as a late first-round pick, despite his recovering from knee surgery. By bringing him in, the Vikings medical staff was able to give Cromartie a physical and get a better idea of his progress.

Where do they have him going in the draft?!?!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    Where do they have him going in the draft?!?!
    Anywhere from #17 all the way to late 20's. Chances are he'll go around the 20th pick.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I guess this guy is really raw and doesn't have that much experience.... I know he is pretty fast and is big in terms of a CB, but what makes him so special? He only started one game in college and he is going to be a first round pick? Maybe they think he will become a f'ing stud with playing time.

Thanks Lotza!

fabybaby32 is offline Rookie

Cromartie is one of those guys that many people dont know that much about him, just that he has all the bits and pieces of a star corner. Living in Florida and being a Gator fan let me just say, this guy scared the hell out of me. He has the swagger of a stud, and plays like one when healty. I remember he picked up a fumble against Florida two years ago and noone was catching him. Deion once said that he could be the best corner to come out of FSU. Now you know that means a lot coming from a man who is more into himself than anyone. I think our needs for a LB outweigh the corner needs, but you wont hear me complain if we get him. And Let me say this, come 2 or 3 years, everyone will know his name.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"damien927" wrote:
    I guess this guy is really raw and doesn't have that much experience.... I know he is pretty fast and is big in terms of a CB, but what makes him so special? He only started one game in college and he is going to be a first round pick? Maybe they think he will become a f'ing stud with playing time.
    Hey now, don't underestimate him... I believe he started two.

I'd rather not get a DB in the first round know matter how good or how much potential he has. We already have solid starters at both safety and both CB positions. We should get a LB in the first.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    "damien927" wrote:
    Hey now, don't underestimate him... I believe he started two.
    In 2004, Cromartie tied for the team lead with four interceptions and returned one for a touchdown at Florida State. However, he made only one start in two seasons.

Nope, just one! :lol:

Thanks Lotza!

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

I dont think he will be taken in the first round...hopefully not by us anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast