cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings: Another spin at No. 7

[size=13pt]Vikings: Another spin at No. 7[/size]

For the Vikings, waiting to pull at the No. 7 slot for the fourth time since 2002, today's draft is merely the most important in team history. With that kind of pressure, preparations leave little to chance.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Vikings: Another spin at No. 7

here's a non-intellectual thought...
    Isn't it crazy that this is the fourth time in five years, we're picking in the number 7 spot?
    It's also crazy what our final outcome has been of all these picks as a whole.

Tis the year though!
    Can't wait for the draft.

davike is offline Team Alumni

I have read waayyyy to many articles and opinions on this draft and I am almost getting a little bit tired of it.....I just want the draft to come faster so we can just see who we are going to get.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

at the end of this season, when i found out where the Vikes were picking, i thought we would have a great chance to get a high caliber player that fits out needs. now after the months of watching i wish we were actually either higher (say #2) or lower (say #12). It seems that the 6th, 7th, and 8th picks are all value picks besides Atlanta Falcons maybe if LaRon Landry falls past us. But i think that the Vikes need to trade up and get that high caliber player that we need (CALVIN JOHNSON!!!) or trade down to gain more picks and try to aquire a player like Aaron Ross or Leon Hall, we will have more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round to do what Brad Childress likes best; taking players no one has even heard of, and if they have heard of them, then we can't pronounce their names!

I am just saying this now, if our 1st round pick turns out a bad idea as soon as we get him, then all i am hoping for is that we draft Marcus McCauly (CB) from Fresno State 4.38 40-yd dash!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    at the end of this season, when i found out where the Vikes were picking, i thought we would have a great chance to get a high caliber player that fits out needs. now after the months of watching i wish we were actually either higher (say #2) or lower (say #12). It seems that the 6th, 7th, and 8th picks are all value picks besides Atlanta Falcons maybe if LaRon Landry falls past us. But i think that the Vikes need to trade up and get that high caliber player that we need (CALVIN JOHNSON!!!) or trade down to gain more picks and try to aquire a player like Aaron Ross or Leon Hall, we will have more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round to do what Brad Childress likes best; taking players no one has even heard of, and if they have heard of them, then we can't pronounce their names!

I am just saying this now, if our 1st round pick turns out a bad idea as soon as we get him, then all i am hoping for is that we draft Marcus McCauly (CB) from Fresno State 4.38 40-yd dash!!!
    Orrrrrr, they could stay at 7.
    Pick a quality player that will contribute to this team for years to come........

i.e.
    Landry
    AP
    Adams
    Okoye
    etc etc etc

Remember my friend, only so many picks in this draft.
    Gems WILL fall through and go undrafted.

The next most exciting thing after the draft is when they publish the list of kids that are gonna come to camp that weren't drafted.

Sixteen last year.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/526377.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg