singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings aim to flip lesson of 2005 flops

[size=13pt]Vikings aim to flip lesson of '05 flops[/size]

Two first-round picks offered a golden opportunity, but Troy Williamson and Erasmus James are legendary for the wrong reason.

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: April 22, 2009 - 11:20 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings aim to flip lesson of 2005 flops

Thanks for the read my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]The Vikings' 2005 draft[/size]

Last update: April 22, 2009 - 11:03 PM

startribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

delviking is offline Starter

good read and i have to agree that you can lay no blame on the chiller for that one

we have had three dang good drafts since he's been the head coach

i mean in 06 we got five starters only edwards, greenway, and griffin are still penciled in as starters but everyone has contributed.

the 07 draft gave us the most potent runner since LT first came into the league. rice and robison still have loads of talent and robison is great in our dline rotation and if rice can get off this injury bug will be a good to great possesion reciever. thigpen may not be with the team but impressed with no one around him in KC and only the final three picks arent on the team.

08 we have two penciled in starters and three potential good players outta the five we drafted i mean only a bit more time will tell on these players

"delviking" wrote:
    good read and i have to agree that you can lay no blame on the chiller for that one

i mean in 06 we got five starters only edwards, greenway, and griffin are still penciled in as starters but everyone has contributed.

the 07 draft gave us the most potent runner since LT first came into the league. rice and robison still have loads of talent and robison is great in our dline rotation and if rice can get off this injury bug will be a good to great possesion reciever. thigpen may not be with the team but impressed with no one around him in KC and only the final three picks arent on the team.

08 we have two penciled in starters and three potential good players outta the five we drafted i mean only a bit more time will tell on these players
    What I find ironic is that for 5 years or so the team was bogged down in mediocrity and wasn't ever gonna get any better mostly because they had no future talent on the team and yet the yutz fans sold the place out.

Now we have a very young and talented roster that continues to get better, won the division and once again is being touted as a playoff team (SB even mentioned with them) and we couldn't even sell out a playoff game, can't get support for a new stadium etc etc etc.

Simply amazing isn't it. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "delviking" wrote:

What I find ironic is that for 5 years or so the team was bogged down in mediocrity and wasn't ever gonna get any better mostly because they had no future talent on the team and yet the yutz fans sold the place out.

Now we have a very young and talented roster that continues to get better, won the division and once again is being touted as a playoff team (SB even mentioned with them) and we couldn't even sell out a playoff game, can't get support for a new stadium etc etc etc.

Not really.
    Given the state o fthe economy (regardless of who caused it) individuals are having to face the reality.
    The "I want it and I want it NOW!" philosophy has to change to one of having the money in hand before buying something that you can probably live without.
    When faced with choosing between shelter, food, clothing, etc. and football, big screen tv, or upgrading just for the sake of upgrading, well the choice is apparent.

Now if we could just get government to think this way.......

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "delviking" wrote:

Not really.
    Given the state o fthe economy (regardless of who caused it) individuals are having to face the reality.
    The "I want it and I want it NOW!" philosophy has to change to one of having the money in hand before buying something that you can probably live without.
    When faced with choosing between shelter, food, clothing, etc. and football, big screen tv, or upgrading just for the sake of upgrading, well the choice is apparent.

Now if we could just get government to think this way.......
    Loved your last sentence.
    ;D

As to your point, the economy does suck, but it sucks in certain areas. In some areas it doesn't.
    Don't think for a minute that there wouldn't be places lined up to welcome a NFL franchise into thier community with open arms.

IMHO I beleive that the Wilfs already have 3 or 4 in mind (ready) based on what is happening in MN.