Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Aggressively Shopping CPep .....

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Childress, we'd heard, was concerned that Culpepper couldn't pull it off."

That's interesting considering all we have heard is Childress is all about DC and has really given him nothing but praise.
    Plus the fact that Childress has gone on record as saying that during their evaluation of McNabb and Culpepper just before the 1999 NFL Draft, he witness two of the most incredible QB workouts that he had ever seen, those two being the Culpepper and McNabb workouts...and that but for the fact that McNabb was a HAIR better, the Iggles would have drafted Culpepper instead. This leads me to believe that he is very high on Pep and that he feels that Pep would do just fine in the new Vikings offensive scheme (which should be fairly similar to the one that the Iggles have run for the past few years).

That being said, I would prefer to see a conditional first-round draft choice be the price for Culpepper in any trade...I could accept conditionally getting nothing if Pep never regained his form, but would want more than a second-rounder if he came back completely. I say this because if he comes back, he will ostensibly have more valuable years than either of the RBs mentioned in an earlier post...QBs usually last longer than RBs in the NFL...and we should be compensated proportionately for whether or not he contributes to his new team!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Nah not hijacked.

I am saying MARK MY WORDS.....

Culpepper will not be traded. He will remain a Viking. If he is traded I will shave all the hair from my body and run naked through a corn field backwards as punishment for being wrong.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

For a second round pick? Thats not worth it at all....The Vikes already have loads of cap space (more than 20 million, which puts them in the Top 5 this offseason) so WTF is the point??? We could keep him another year and do something with him next year if he's that flucking bad (which he isn't)....I think one rule our team needs to figure out trade-wise, is don't make a trade if you're getting shafted...lets just hope these idiots learned from the Moss trade....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"MensaTice" wrote:
    mnjamie, Have you ever read entire thread about Pep? Everyones got an opinion, nobody agrees, I lose my mind reading them and have to drink, and then we start again with it tomorrow

That's exactly it. I do read them all, no matter how mind numbing it is. Thing is, when you here it from a site you trust, you tend to believe it more. I broke the news of Childress being our head coach from that website before anyone else saw it. I also called Mike Tomlin being our "D" coordinator using info from this website before anyone saw it. Not to mention other numerous NFL moves before the rest of the media or anyone catches onto it.

So, when the say CPep is being shopped hard to other teams .... I believe them. When they say the best we could get for him is a 2nd rounder, I believe them. They have a good track record with me.

When I start a thread about CPep that actually has some content and validity to it .... I tend not to lump it into the others as of late like "Vote if CPep should stay or go" etc., etc.. This is based on actual info from sources inside the league.

2nd round pick? I hope they don't do it.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Frankly I'd like to see him go because I din't think he'll ever be what he once was...
    But aside...
    What I find interesting in all of this is how close the Vikings are keeping things close to the vest. While other coaches are talking about this player or that player you aren't hearing a thing about the Vikes FA or trades.
    I like that because as sure as something is said the press will screw it up.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

The only thing that would make a Culpepper trade worth while is if we got Donovan Darius. I mean that guy shits golden eggs. The turf turns to strands of silky gold wherever his feet touch.

We must get DD no matter what the cost.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Nah not hijacked.

I am saying MARK MY WORDS.....

Culpepper will not be traded. He will remain a Viking. If he is traded I will shave all the hair from my body and run naked through a corn field backwards as punishment for being wrong.
    hahahaahaahhaa

:wav:

Cool we can call Del Rio: The new running man!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"audioghost" wrote:
    For a second round pick? Thats not worth it at all....The Vikes already have loads of cap space (more than 20 million, which puts them in the Top 5 this offseason) so WTF is the point??? We could keep him another year and do something with him next year if he's that flucking bad (which he isn't)....I think one rule our team needs to figure out trade-wise, is don't make a trade if you're getting shafted...lets just hope these idiots learned from the Moss trade....
    yeah dont forget about the Walker trade. IMO if Pep was traded we would see that BJ was good for a year then what? Put Hill in, oh yeah that sounds like a killer idea to me :roll: I like BJ dont get me wrong but someone said that if Pep does come back he's getting up there in age. Wow isn't Johnson like 7 years OLDER than Pep? So how would johnson be the QB we can count on for years to come?
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Childress, we'd heard, was concerned that Culpepper couldn't pull it off."

That's interesting considering all we have heard is Childress is all about DC and has really given him nothing but praise.
    i think thats just the kind of guy childress is. heck, he even gave onterrio another shot.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast