Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
    bfld is offline Rookie

Re: Well it about as offical as it can be at the moment...

jhirchak1,

I agree: if only a 2nd round pick is the asking price, it is depressingly low. Other teams won't want to give much, because he is a roll of the dice, and I'm no fan of keeping him; but OUCH.

Del Rio Guest

Culpepper bashing aside here is what I think of it.

The guy is seriously hurt. He will not start the season. So if you want to get a 1st round pick your going to have to trade him to a team with patience. I don't see the Jets as a team that has that luxury.

If we do trade him to the Ravens, I do not want to trade him for Jamal Lewis. It's my own personal deal here. I think the guy is a bust. In fact if I had the option to trade him for a second round pick or for Jamal Lewis straight up I would take the second rounder.

I'm confident Brad can carry us this year. We will need to get a QB though. If we can trade for a HIGH second round pick I think we could land a lot of value out of it.

I have a feeling Art Shell would take a shot at him for a 2nd rounder. Reunite a proven combo in Oakland since it is stated that he is not big on Kerry Collins.

I'm keeping an eye on the Lions as well.

Personally if the 2nd round pick is damn close to the top, I think it would help the team out a lot. It blows our draft wide open.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I also think that a second rounder is too low, but at this point it is hard to imagine getting anything more for him. He is coming off a potentionally career threatening injury, and he has apparently disenfranchised himself with the team owners. "Wilf angrily turned down Culpepper's request, and it is believed that no substantive communication has taken place since." That is what really cements the deal for me...

I hope Brad can hold that old body together for at least one more year...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Yes i love this. I love culpepper but he cnat take us to the superbowl. we need a smart no mistake accurate quarterback like BJ. he is to old so we need someone like jay cutler, matt lienert or drew brees. Plus do you know how much more cap room we are going to have.

Del Rio Guest

We "shopped" Randy Moss for two or so years before we finally pulled the trigger.

So there is still hope for those who really want the guy to stick around. Just because they are shopping him doesn't mean he will be picked up.

Also as a sidenote, remeber the boat incident? Remember people saying Wilf is a good owner who wants that stadium built who would deal with the problem players.

Culpepper was on the boat, weather you admit what he did or not he may very well be a roadblock in Wilfs attempt to better his franchise. Sometimes the right thing to do sounds good until it takes something away from you.

I'm sure that is playing some role in Wilfs decision. What screams I am dedicated to the image of this team more then taking out the biggest name involved in a scandal? He wants his stadium.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

It's not official until he actually has been traded so all the Culpepper fans should just calm down.

I also still say we shouldn't be expecting much more than a 2nd rounder for a very questionable QB right now. He's injuried, didn't do anything special last year without his buddy Moss, and he has the highest rate of fumbles in the history of the NFL.

Thanks Josdin

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Del, as usual you cut to the root of the problem. The stadium deal is paramount to Wilf but I think we all know by this time he is not a money-grabber like Red was.
    I think that plus the fact that Culpepper has been a real ass about the contract deal plays into it.
    But what really buzzes me and no one has talked much about it is Culpeppers penchant to NOT study playbooks and films. With a change to a new offense, he should be RIGHT NOW with the film, books, questioning, studying, etc., etc. Instead he's off in Florida "rehabbing" when they asked him to be with the Vikings trainer here where he could also be studying.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Blog Entries

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm confident Brad can carry us this year. We will need to get a QB though. If we can trade for a HIGH second round pick I think we could land a lot of value out of it.

Personally if the 2nd round pick is gol 'darnit close to the top, I think it would help the team out a lot. It blows our draft wide open.
    A high 2nd rounder might not be bad. We could do some serious draft work with three picks in the top 34, or we could trade out for an even higher pick...

What really sucks is I will be eating crow if and when it happens, as I have been adimately saying that Pep will not betraded. Oh well it could be worse. There are a lot of cornfields up here in North Dakota...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Del, as usual you cut to the root of the problem. The stadium deal is paramount to Wilf but I think we all know by this time he is not a money-grabber like Red was.
    I think that plus the fact that Culpepper has been a real jiggly butt about the contract deal plays into it.
    But what really buzzes me and no one has talked much about it is Culpeppers penchant to NOT study playbooks and films. With a change to a new offense, he should be RIGHT NOW with the film, books, questioning, studying, etc., etc. Instead he's off in Florida "rehabbing" when they asked him to be with the Vikings trainer here where he could also be studying.
    I agree I think Wilf probably was set on keeping him even with the boat incindent, but add in the fact that he is asking for a huge chunk of change, not studying (as you have mentioned) and being an overall distraction to the team during a strong push for a new stadium, pretty much makes him expendable in the worst way.

Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Instead he's off in Florida "rehabbing" when they asked him to be with the Vikings trainer here where he could also be studying.
    That is more conjecture than anything else... It isn't like the only place he can study is in Minnesota. I believe that has much less to do with the possibility of trading him than his physical status or contract does. I would even hazard a guess that the boat plays into it a little, albeit very little, as Culpepper's charges were the lease serious of the four.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast