skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Vikings 7th round pick Ryan D'Imperio

Dont buy into the fact he is a linebacker..

Judd Zulgad just reported this

"Ryan D'Imperio just said on his conference call that he will play fullback, not linebacker. Team discussed it with him at top 30 visit."

Makes it harder for him to make the team i guess.. Unless he shows us something really good

Played linebacker all tru College, Linebacker and Fullback in HS at Washington Township High School, was recruited as a linebacker..

Seems odd they don't wont him as a LB, but lets see.. maybe he gets worked out in both positions.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Vikings 7th round pick Ryan D'Imperio

Someone said it before and after the draft I agree with them. We are trying to get back to a power running team. Gerhart, degeare (i think thats his last name) is a big guard, and the new fb to hopefully replace tahi.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I love this pick!
    I hope the Vikings are going to try him out on defense even if he's gonna be listed at fullback. This guy is a tackling machine who is all over the field. He is very fast for an inside linebacker and could possibly replace Ben Leber.

He can play linebacker, he can play fullback, and they say that he's a great special teams player.

Comparison: Vikings' special teams Pro Bowler, and slightly undersized linebacker, Heath Farwell.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

My fellow Big Easter, Mr. Anderson...Whats the scoop on D'Imperio? U know him?
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

riceistheman18 is offline Waterboy

he should be a good special teamer hopefully he will be. we need someone else that can explode down feild and make a damn takle
    None

Big C2 is offline Training Camp

Someone said it before and after the draft I agree with them. We are trying to get back to a power running team. Gerhart, degeare (i think thats his last name) is a big guard, and the new fb to hopefully replace tahi.
    My thoughts exactly. Don't forget Schuler (blocking TE) we picked up maybe to spell Kleiny. I am very excited. I am coming to terms with the Cook pick considering the Lions, Packers and Bears have more aerial attacks dictating more nickel and dime packages. It's good to see the Vikes determined to install a power running game to hopefully keep those high powered offenses off the field.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Analysis
    Positives: Solid football player, instinctual and tough. Capable of making transition to fullback. Physical and hard-working. Better than athlete than most believe, with good agility in coverage and the speed to make plays. Gets deep in his drops as a linebacker and is a factor down the middle third. Attacks ballcarriers, can be explosive with his hips through the man.

Negatives: Missed 2007 season with broken leg. Lost weight for his pro day to run quicker 40. Good blitzer but does not always get there because he gets caught up in traffic. Is a bit stiff in the hips and elusive runners can get by him in the open field, which will be evident on special teams coverage.
    CBS Player Profile - D'imperio

Not sure what everyone is so upset about. Another player that can play 2 positions. Seems to be a better fit at FB, but could give us some ILB help as well, not to mention he seems to be a ST'er who will come in and produce in that area right away.

Course, some will get a bit excited when I say this, but he will/could replace/take Farwells spot on ST's, allowing us to carry another LB.

In short, shitcan Tahi and Farwell, insert Big Dimp (easier to type than D'imperio.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

He's a good athlete, smart kid(my sister had a class with him and said he's "not stupid," which is more that can be said for most college football players.)

He was a great HS running back, much like Brian Cushing.

He's a very hard worker as far as I can tell, the coaches seem to love him. He's a hustle player, as LB I don't think he would have made the team. I absolutely love the idea of him as a fullback. He's tough, capable of learning the position, athletic, and high motor.

I'm pumped to have a Rutgers guy on the Vikes, especially if he can knock Tahi down a spot on the depth chart.