Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    VikesAllTheWay112642 is offline Training Camp

Vikings 7 Round Mock

Round 1-Laurence Maroney-RB-Minnesota

People can argue that LenDale White is the better pick but he isn't. Maroney is the better for the west coast offense than White. He runs hard and fast and will always give that extra effort to gain positive yards. He can run inside and outside. He can also catch out of the backfeild.

Round 2-Thomas Howard-OLB-UTEP

He is the fastest LB in the draft. He has great size at 6'3, 240 pounds. Has great agility and acceleration. He can also read and react to plays quickly. He is also great in coverage.He would be a great fit in the cover 2 defense that we want to run next season.

Round 3-Darrell Hunter-CB-Miami (OH)

With Brian Williams almost definitly going this offseason, Hunter will be a great replacement for him. He is one of the fastest players in the draft. He also has great leaping ability. He would be a great addition to our secondary and will give us great depth.

Round 4-Dwayne Slay-SS-Texas Tech

What to say about this guy? He can really lay a hit on u. With Corey Chavous likley leaving he would fight for the starting job in training camp with Offord. Has great size and a very good tackler. He can make plays and will force a lot of fumbles. Will be a great addition to our secondary.

Round 5-D.J. Shockley-QB-Georgia

We need someone to replace Brad Johnson when he retires and Shockley is that man. He has good mobility and has the speed to avoid the pass rush. When he scrambles he positions the ball well so he doesn't fumble. He will stay in the pocket most of the time and will try to make a good trow.

Round 6-Matt Bernstein-FB-Wisconsin

With Jimmy Kleinsasser moving to FB in the WC offense, we need a back up.This guy is a beast at 6'2,265 pounds. Has great strenght and can run over anyone that gets in his way. He can also catch out of the back field and that makes him good for the WC offesnse.

Round 7

Traded to the San Diego Chargers for Toniu Fonoti-OG

ancoin is offline Starter

Re: Vikings 7 Round Mock

Nice mock but i dont think Howard will fall to us

Thank to Lotza

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

It is a nice dream mock. I don't think Howard will go past the 1st round or Shocklye be around in the 5th. I don't disagree with you about the players. Just I can't really see it all happening. It would be nice though.

"ejmat" wrote:
    It is a nice dream mock. I don't think Howard will go past the 1st round or Shocklye be around in the 5th. I don't disagree with you about the players. Just I can't really see it all happening. It would be nice though.
    Howard will probally not be there when we pick in the 2nd round after the combine , but as of now people have him projected as a 2nd rounder.

Shockley will fall to the 5th. He didn't have a great Senior bowl and people are starting to lose faith in him.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

For the first three rds, I would love to see this:

1 - Chad Greenway (LB)
    2 - D'Qwell Jackson (LB)
    3 - Bernard Pollard (S)

I don't know when Eslinger is projected to be picked, but if he's available in the 4th I'd take him. Does anybody know where he's expected to be drafted?

Thanks PPE for the sig.

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    For the first three rds, I would love to see this:

1 - Chad Greenway (LB)
    2 - D'Qwell Jackson (LB)
    3 - Bernard Pollard (S)

I don't know when Eslinger is projected to be picked, but if he's available in the 4th I'd take him. Does anybody know where he's expected to be drafted?
    Greenway will probally be taken before our pick and Jackson will not be around by our 2nd round pick. Bernard Pollard will get picked in the 2nd round. Eslinger is projected to go in the 2nd round.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:

What to say about this guy? He can really lay a hit on u. With Corey Chavous likley leaving he would fight for the starting job in training camp with Offord. Has great size and a very good tackler. He can make plays and will force a lot of fumbles. Will be a great addition to our secondary.
    From what I read of Slay, he's a beast of a hitter, but perhaps to slow for a safety.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:

From what I read of Slay, he's a beast of a hitter, but perhaps to slow for a safety.
    U are correct, he is not that fast and has to work on his coverage skills. Thats why we keep Offord or sign someone in FA. He only has 1 year of experience. He can learn behind whoever is our starting SS.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

shockley i nthe fifth? are you crazy he wont get past round 3. and we would do better to draft boby carpenter than that utep guy
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

With the first pick of the 2006 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings have selected Reggie Bush, USC.

I can dream can't I?

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast