Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Iwantmy$2 is offline Training Camp

Re: Vikings in 3 Round Mock Draft

Sorry guys, it appears I was spamming for including a link to the mock draft.
    I do not want such a label.
    I removed the link I added for my original content.
    If you would like to see the mock draft, PM me.

I was confused, if I had posted something from a site that wasn't mine I would have been expected to leave a link.

The intention is to get the thoughts of Viking fans on these picks...I will be good.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The more I read, the more I waiver on who/what positions they will draft this year.

If in fact they don't go out and get a WR and DE via FA then they will probably address those positions pretty high.

If they do go out and get a DE and a WR then I don't see them drafting one at all as they already have alot of youth/talent that still needs to be developed a bit.

S and QB are two of the positions I think they need to address both via FA and Draft as well.

With that said, I don't disagree with these picks if and thats a big if, we don't address WR and DE via a FA pickup.
    Completely agree...I'm waffling more than Eggo's.
    It just depends on whom the Vikes have rated highest.
    I agree with S and QB as needs...as well as DE and WR.
    This is a deep draft for WR...there are about 7 I could see in Purple and Gold next year.
    Like the versatility of the the top 5 defensive backs this year, and, it is entirely possible that Kenny Phillips drops right in our lap.
    I could see any one of about 8 players drafted by the Vikes in RD 1...simply depends on who they have rated highest.
    I could see any of these guys (my picks are bolded):

Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
    Fred Davis, TE, USC
    Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
    DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
    Malcomb Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
    Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
    Jeff Otah, T, Pitt
    Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy (speed to burn, ST monster as a rookie IMO)
    Could be wrong, but I see Merling going in the Round 2 or very late RD 1.

2nd Round:
    Completely disagree with Woodson in this spot.
    Flacco or Henne will be much better...and, may be available.
    I could see either of them here...hell, Brohm could even drop potentially.
    That said, I think they will go WR in this spot...maybe:
    Earl Bennett, WR, Vandie
    Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    Adirious Bowman, WR, OK State
    Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State

3rd Round:
    For some reason, I just have a hunch O-Line or TE; maybe because I think Rucker will drop here.
    Martin Rucker, TE, Mizzou (if he is here, you take him, too good to pass up...3rd Round sleeper IMO)
    Tony Hill, OT, Texas
    I really like Henne as a later round pick but after his good showing in the Bowl game and a pretty decent career, it appears his stock continues to go up every day.

If we take a QB (and I think we will) it will be in the area they took Thygpen I think and not in the top 3 of the draft.
    Probably a guy none of us have ever heard of like a:

Sam Bradford (Oklahoma) 3121 yards, 36 TD, 8 INT
    Paul Smith (Tulsa) 5065 yards, 47 TD, 19 INT
    Graham Harrell (TT) 5705 yards, 48 TD, 14 INT
    Taylor Tharp (Boise State) 3340 yards, 30 TD, 11 INT

I am not so sure they will even think about drafting an OL in this draft.

As I said in a previous post we are set at LT, LG, C and RG for several years (at least contractually) and Cook did pretty damn good this year considering he was a C in college and was basically playing on a OL that struggled as a whole with pass protection this year.

Add Dan Moses to the mix (returning after injury) to provide depth behind Birk and you are pretty solid at OL.

I think they have a few guys targeted that they think won't get drafted that they will invite in as undrafted FA that might make the team for a couple of our backups, however, again, we are set at all starting positions for years, and that my friend, is a good thing.
    Again, I agree...Cook came around and Mozes was tabbed as the "best undrafted player signed," by Pat Kirwan.
    Maybe I'm biased because I live in Philly media hell...but, the Chiller and Andy Reid appear to be on the page of depth on the OLine.
    I'm not sure if we are as deep as Chiller wants to be...personally, I like our OLine.
    I also agree with your assessment of QB, hence, I think they go WR in the second.
    I would not be surprised by any position in the first two rounds, with the exception of RB.
    I think ANY position is possible after that.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The more I read, the more I waiver on who/what positions they will draft this year.

If in fact they don't go out and get a WR and DE via FA then they will probably address those positions pretty high.

If they do go out and get a DE and a WR then I don't see them drafting one at all as they already have alot of youth/talent that still needs to be developed a bit.

S and QB are two of the positions I think they need to address both via FA and Draft as well.

With that said, I don't disagree with these picks if and thats a big if, we don't address WR and DE via a FA pickup.
    This is a deep draft for WR...there are about 7 I could see in Purple and Gold next year.
    Like the versatility of the the top 5 defensive backs this year, and, it is entirely possible that Kenny Phillips drops right in our lap.
    I could see any one of about 8 players drafted by the Vikes in RD 1...simply depends on who they have rated highest.

Fred Davis, TE, USC
    Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
    DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
    Jeff Otah, T, Pitt

2nd Round:
    Earl Bennett, WR, Vandie
    Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

3rd Round:
    For some reason, I just have a hunch O-Line or TE; maybe because I think Rucker will drop here.
    Martin Rucker, TE, Mizzou (if he is here, you take him, too good to pass up...3rd Round sleeper IMO)
    Tony Hill, OT, Texas
    I really like Henne as a later round pick but after his good showing in the Bowl game and a pretty decent career, it appears his stock continues to go up every day.

If we take a QB (and I think we will) it will be in the area they took Thygpen I think and not in the top 3 of the draft.

As I said in a previous post we are set at LT, LG, C and RG for several years (at least contractually) and Cook did pretty gol 'darnit good this year considering he was a C in college and was basically playing on a OL that struggled as a whole with pass protection this year.

Add Dan Moses to the mix (returning after injury) to provide depth behind Birk and you are pretty solid at OL.

I think they have a few guys targeted that they think won't get drafted that they will invite in as undrafted FA that might make the team for a couple of our backups, however, again, we are set at all starting positions for years, and that my friend, is a good thing.
    Again, I agree...Cook came around and Mozes was tabbed as the "best undrafted player signed," by Pat Kirwan.
    Maybe I'm biased because I live in Philly media hell...but, the Chiller and Andy Reid appear to be on the page of depth on the OLine.
    I'm not sure if we are as deep as Chiller wants to be...personally, I like our OLine.
    I also agree with your assessment of QB, hence, I think they go WR in the second.
    I would not be surprised by any position in the first two rounds, with the exception of RB.
    I think ANY position is possible after that.
    This one will be the hardest draft in a long time for me to figure out what they will do.
    Gonna be fun to watch/try to figure it out.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Iwantmy$2" wrote:
    Sorry guys, it appears I was spamming for including a link to the mock draft.
    I do not want such a label.
    I removed the link I added for my original content.
    If you would like to see the mock draft, PM me.

I was confused, if I had posted something from a site that wasn't mine I would have been expected to leave a link.

The intention is to get the thoughts of Viking fans on these picks...I will be good.
    If it's your own material, it's your own material.
    Do with it what you wish.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Fred Davis, TE, USC
    Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
    DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
    Jeff Otah, T, Pitt

2nd Round:
    Earl Bennett, WR, Vandie
    Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

3rd Round:
    Tony Hill, OT, Texas

As I said in a previous post we are set at LT, LG, C and RG for several years (at least contractually) and Cook did pretty damn good this year considering he was a C in college and was basically playing on a OL that struggled as a whole with pass protection this year.

Isn't Sam Bradford a freshman? And he was in the Heisman race for quite a while..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Fred Davis, TE, USC
    Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
    DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal
    Jeff Otah, T, Pitt

2nd Round:
    Earl Bennett, WR, Vandie
    Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

3rd Round:
    Tony Hill, OT, Texas

As I said in a previous post we are set at LT, LG, C and RG for several years (at least contractually) and Cook did pretty gol 'darnit good this year considering he was a C in college and was basically playing on a OL that struggled as a whole with pass protection this year.

Isn't Sam Bradford a freshman? And he was in the Heisman race for quite a while..
    You are correct, my bad.
    I really do go through alot of player/profiles during my mock draft build and sometimes I have a few brain farts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12