Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

Vikings 2011 Offensive & Defensive Needs

Minnesota Vikings 2011 Needs

The Minnesota Vikings Need To Fill The Following Positions:

Quarterback - Starter Needed
    Center - Starter Needed
    Defensive End - Starter Needed (signed Robinson.. but c'mon)
    Defensive Tackle - Starter Needed
    Outside Linebacker - Starter Needed
    Strong Safety - Starter Needed
    Free Safety - Starter Needed

Positions That The Vikings Need To Add Depth:

Wide Receiver
    Offensive Tackle
    Offensive Guard
    Kicker
    None

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: Vikings 2011 Offensive & Defensive Needs

CB???
    None

Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1092570
    CB???
    Thanks, yes we could add depth at the LCB & RCB position. What are your thoughts?
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I think Free safety, or strong safety, whichever insane abdullah plays, is set for next year. I think he did well in his first year as a started and he'll only get better. I would be fine moving winny to safety and starting cook, griffin, and asher at cb.

I'd also be fine letting everson griffen and robison rotate in at de and starting guion at DT.

Center is obviously a big need for us as Sully is just too small.

At QB, well that's tough. My ideal situation would be bringing in a Vet and a late round rookie to compete with Webb. I would love webb to start this year and if he tanks, then who cares, we can draft Luck next year. If he rocks it, then guess what, we got out QB of the future without using any draft picks. But if Coach really likes a QB in this draft than I'll be fine with him taking one, I trust Frazier a lot in this.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Tanner2729" #1092554
    Minnesota Vikings 2011 Needs

The Minnesota Vikings Need To Fill The Following Positions:

Quarterback - Starter Needed
    Center - Starter Needed
    Defensive End - Starter Needed (signed Robinson.. but c'mon)
    Defensive Tackle - Starter Needed
    Outside Linebacker - Starter Needed
    Strong Safety - Starter Needed
    Free Safety - Starter Needed

Positions That The Vikings Need To Add Depth:

Wide Receiver
    Offensive Tackle
    Offensive Guard
    Kicker
    Wow....we have a lot of needs

I think the only thing missing is waterboy.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would love webb to start this year and if he tanks, then who cares, we can draft Luck next year.
    I love when people say this.

When will you realize, WE WILL NOT DRAFT LUCK. Luck looks to be the top pick for next year, and although we're bad, we're not that bad. We can't trade up for him either without severely crippling other parts of our team.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092587
    I would love webb to start this year and if he tanks, then who cares, we can draft Luck next year.

When will you realize, WE WILL NOT DRAFT LUCK. Luck looks to be the top pick for next year, and although we're bad, we're not that bad. We can't trade up for him either without severely crippling other parts of our team.
    There probably weren't too many people who thought we could have went from 12-4 to 6-10 last year either. Anything is possible.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092588

There probably weren't too many people who thought we could have went from 12-4 to 6-10 last year either. Anything is possible.
    I'd say it was more likely we fall to 6-10 than wind up with the 1st overall pick.

Last 09 was a great year, but I don't think anybody expected Favre to duplicate that success. Factor in that the Bears, Packers and even the Lions all greatly improved over the previous year, that's a few games already we probably don't win. I didn't expect 6-10, more like 8-8 at worst, but there are teams who are truly terrible who will be contending for hte top pick. I expect us to be somewhere in the middle again.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092590
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092588

I'd say it was more likely we fall to 6-10 than wind up with the 1st overall pick.

Last 09 was a great year, but I don't think anybody expected Favre to duplicate that success. Factor in that the Bears, Packers and even the Lions all greatly improved over the previous year, that's a few games already we probably don't win. I didn't expect 6-10, more like 8-8 at worst, but there are teams who are truly terrible who will be contending for hte top pick. I expect us to be somewhere in the middle again.
    Ummm I said that original quote about webb starting, not tanner. Not sure how he ended up with the blame for that incredibly stupid post.

Well I think that if Webb really does tank then we could end up with a pretty high pick and anything can happen during this upcoming season. Look what happened to Locker. If we get a top 5 pick there's a chance we get Luck assuming carolina takes gabbert this year and bills take newton or another QB. There's always a chance... I just said it's my ideal situation, not something that is likely to happen.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

stackithigh is offline Waterboy

I agree, I am a Joe Webb believer I dislike Williams at safety, I think we need an upgrade. I also agree doing a rotation with Robison and Griffen at DE. Griff has the talent and athletic ability as long as he takes some lessons from Jared Allen we should be fine =)

I dislike the fact that Ced Griff is coming back from injuries,as well as Chris Cook going down ( Cant remember Cook's injury) and then I am for sure not a fan of Asher Allen.

With all that being said, I would like to possibly snatch a Corner, or OL player. With the Sidney Rice situation, if for some reason he does leave.... possibly add a skilled receiver that we can use.

E.J. Henderson responded great coming back and Chad Greenway is an absolute stud. Also adding Singletary as a linebacker/defensive coach will only make our defense and linebackers that much stronger.

Just throwing out some thoughts :side:
    None

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast