skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings 2011 draft board top 12

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1090607
    1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Marcell Dareus
    3. Prince Amukamara
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    5. Cam Newton (I didn't like him before, but the way this offesason has progressed so far, I think he is like the next Tebow... He is just a winner and won't give up)
    6. Nick Fairley
    7. Robert Quinn
    8. Mike Pouncey
    9. Cameron Jordan
    10. Von Miller
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Gabe Camrimi
    Call me when Tim Tebow wins a superbowl

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1090631
    1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Marcell Dareus
    3. Prince Amukamara
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    5. Cam Newton (I didn't like him before, but the way this offesason has progressed so far, I think he is like the next Tebow... He is just a winner and won't give up)
    6. Nick Fairley
    7. Robert Quinn
    8. Mike Pouncey
    9. Cameron Jordan
    10. Von Miller
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Gabe Camrimi
    Did you get a chance to catch what Fox and Elway have to say about Tebow?

Sounds like they will continue to let him learn from the bench with a few plays mixed in during the game.

I wonder if that is a stance that says they still have confidence that he will be a NFL QB or is that a way to cover up the mistake the previous regime made by selecting him.

His style of play really doesn't fit the scheme that Fox will want to run. Truth of the matter is, I wouldn't be a bit suprised to see them try to unload him to a team (The Bills) who's HC likes to run the "Vertical Running" attack as his base offense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090642
    1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Marcell Dareus
    3. Prince Amukamara
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    6. Nick Fairley
    7. Robert Quinn
    8. Mike Pouncey
    9. Cameron Jordan
    10. Von Miller
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Gabe Camrimi

Sounds like they will continue to let him learn from the bench with a few plays mixed in during the game.

I wonder if that is a stance that says they still have confidence that he will be a NFL QB or is that a way to cover up the mistake the previous regime made by selecting him.

His style of play really doesn't fit the scheme that Fox will want to run. Truth of the matter is, I wouldn't be a bit suprised to see them try to unload him to a team (The Bills) who's HC likes to run the "Vertical Running" attack as his base offense.
    I am just shocked that teams continue to spend their high picks on players that have a similar skillset, because it so rarely works..

Michael Vick type players, might sell tickets, but they won't win you the Superbowl..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1090672
    1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Marcell Dareus
    3. Prince Amukamara
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    6. Nick Fairley
    7. Robert Quinn
    8. Mike Pouncey
    9. Cameron Jordan
    10. Von Miller
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Gabe Camrimi

I am just shocked that teams continue to spend their high picks on players that have a similar skillset, because it so rarely works..

Michael Vick type players, might sell tickets, but they won't win you the Superbowl..

Stole the words right outta my mouth
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1090678
    1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Marcell Dareus
    3. Prince Amukamara
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    6. Nick Fairley
    7. Robert Quinn
    8. Mike Pouncey
    9. Cameron Jordan
    10. Von Miller
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Gabe Camrimi

Stole the words right outta my mouth
    I wouldn't be so shocked Skum. Alot of teams of late have made mistakes by taking a kid to appease fans instead of taking a kid that actually helps the team.

Tebow, IMHO, was one of those picks last year.

Don't get me wrong, I think he will eventually be a good QB in the league, but he sure didn't come in and lite it up like everyone seemed to think he was gonna do.

Just goes to prove that no matter how good a QB does in college, he will struggle at the next level, in almost every circumstance.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090708

I wouldn't be so shocked Skum. Alot of teams of late have made mistakes by taking a kid to appease fans instead of taking a kid that actually helps the team.

Tebow, IMHO, was one of those picks last year.

Don't get me wrong, I think he will eventually be a good QB in the league, but he sure didn't come in and lite it up like everyone seemed to think he was gonna do.

Just goes to prove that no matter how good a QB does in college, he will struggle at the next level, in almost every circumstance.
    Why are you throwing Tebow out there? I don't remember him being touted as anything except a developmental guy who would take time to learn the NFL game.The Broncos certainly didn't think he would considering they had Orton as the starter and they brought in Quinn also to add depth so there isn't much that I could see that indicated that there were expectations for him to come in a blow up the league except on maybe a few rube forums and at the evangelical churches across the country that were giddy to have a warrior for God in the NFL.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Marcell Dareus
    3. Prince Amukamara
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    6. Nick Fairley
    7. Robert Quinn
    8. Mike Pouncey
    9. Cameron Jordan
    10. Von Miller
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Gabe Camrimi

Michael Vick is not a type of player. He's the most unique player in the NFL(or at least the most unique QB). He's pure speed.

Tebow and newton fit more in with Roethlisburger, McNabb, Rodgers. They are big, tall and strong, defenses have a hard time getting them to the ground. It remains to be seen if they will have the accuracy and decision making to play at the NFL level, but physically that's who they remind me of.

edit:PS. Can we get a few more draft boards. Many threads to discuss who might be available, I want your top twielve as atleast 1 will be available.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

1. Patrick Peterson
    2. Marcell Dareus
    3. Prince Amukamara
    4. Da'Quan Bowers
    6. Nick Fairley
    7. Robert Quinn
    8. Mike Pouncey
    9. Cameron Jordan
    10. Von Miller
    11. Nate Solder
    12. Gabe Camrimi
    I'm not a Tebow fan. Never have been. But you can't deny the way he played when he got his opportunities... And I don't have your number so I probably won't be calling you.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Did a little more research, here is draft board for the top twelve.
    1. Cam Newton-QB-I think he's the best available and would be able to help our new run first offense right away. QB is our biggest need. Could be the second coming of Culpepper(in a good way).

2. Blaine Gabbert-QB-Like him a lot. Just below Newton IMHO but still the franchise QB we desperately need. This is my last QB on the list, if one of these guys don't fall to us I think we wait and hope for something later or in free agency.

3. Tyron Smith-T-Not a huge need, but he is too talented to pass up. Everything starts up front and adding Tyron would allow the Vikings to build around the O-line for the next decade.

4.Marcell Darius-DT- This appears to be an area of need with Pat williams retiring. We would once again have one of the most dominant D-lines in the league.

5. Nick Fairly-DE/DT- Amazing athlete, could play multiple positions on the D-line, could get to the QB up the middle.

6.DaQuan Bowers-DE- elite pass rusher.Not sure we need DE as much as DT but Bowers would instantly make us better.

7.AJ Green-WR- Best WR in the draft. Even if Rice comes back we are still weak at the position. If Rice doesn't come back it's one of our most glaring needs.

8. Von Miller-LB- Great athlete that should be a great player in the NFL. Even if we don't have a huge need now, having a player of his skill set will help us now and in the future.

9.Patrick Peterson-CB- Another great athlete. Not sure he fits our cover 2 defense, would probably do better in man, but the coaches can always use a guy with his skills.

10.Julio Jones-WR- Second best WR. It's a need and he's ranked as the 2nd best WR

11. Anthony constanzo-T- Should be very good. Could play guard. May not have a pressing need but you have to look past one year. It all starts up front.

12. Mark Ingram-RB-I know this seems crazy, we have adrian peterson and just drafted a Gerhart in the second. Still he is one of the best football players in the draft and we are going to be running alot. He'll be a playmaker, can never have too many playmakers.

The Vikings will definetly have a shot at one of these guys, and I'd be happy with any of them.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am holding out hope for Hoolio Jones.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast