Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings 2009 Cap Update

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Adrian Peterson's agent should be fired! His entire contract is incentive based. Good for the team, terrible for AD.
    yeah but at the time it made him the highest paid RB in the league.. top that, he'll get prob every last one of the incentives... he's good!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Adrian Peterson's agent should be fired! His entire contract is incentive based. Good for the team, terrible for AD.
    yeah but at the time it made him the highest paid RB in the league.. top that, he'll get prob every last one of the incentives... he's good!
    No it didn't it was a 40 million 7 years contract and not unusally for the 7th overrall pick. Hell, Laundry got a similar contract and he is a saftey. Just not a great contract it is as average money, with a great risk!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    No it didn't it was a 40 million 7 years contract and not unusally for the 7th overrall pick. Hell, Laundry got a similar contract and he is a saftey. Just not a great contract it is as average money, with a great risk!
    and at the time if fully fulfilled he's be the highest paid rb in the league... what are you talking about???...

or don't you know that rookies get ARAB money coming out of college that makes them among the highest paid in the league at their position.. and that their salaries are a precursor for FA the next year...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/20024298/

and don't question me again!!!
    ;D j/k.. but i'm not sure where you got that from... honestly!

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    and at the time if fully fulfilled he's be the highest paid rb in the league... what are you talking about???...

or don't you know that rookies get ARAB money coming out of college that makes them among the highest paid in the league at their position.. and that their salaries are a precursor for FA the next year...

Imo, it's so rediculous that early round rookies get such large contracts.
    Not a single one of them has proven themselves at the NFL level... Not that it bothers me that AD and certain others get paid a lot, but I think it's complete bullpooh that first round rookies get paid so much.

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

I didn't think it made him the highest, close to but not the highest....Either way...still way too much of an incentive based contract. I think he could have gotten that from most teams without jumping thru hoops.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

I didn't think it made him the highest, close to but not the highest....Either way...still way too much of an incentive based contract. I think he could have gotten that from most teams without jumping thru hoops.
    what?? he got a VERY good contract based on his draft status... you act like he had 1. a bargaining chip even tho the vikes held his rights, drafted him and he was slotted in a certain pay scale based on the year before....

and 2. He handn't done shit to that point but be a rookie.. so what he signed was perfect and a good deal for both sides...

again, not sure how much leverage you think he had as a rookie...

and i agree with you snowbowler, if anything he got a ridiculous contract to be a rookie... if he was a bust kev you'd be saying we overpaid.. but he wasn't and so bc it's incentivesed he'll get all of them and be the highest paid at that point..

I frankly think the NFL should go to a rookie pay scale just like the NBA... let the vets get the big money... that's what i think should happen!...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=51002.msg923089#msg923089 date=1237238449]

what?? he got a VERY good contract based on his draft status... you act like he had 1. a bargaining chip even tho the vikes held his rights, drafted him and he was slotted in a certain pay scale based on the year before....

and 2. He handn't done pooh to that point but be a rookie.. so what he signed was perfect and a good deal for both sides...

again, not sure how much leverage you think he had as a rookie...

and i agree with you snowbowler, if anything he got a ridiculous contract to be a rookie... if he was a bust kev you'd be saying we overpaid.. but he wasn't and so bc it's incentivesed he'll get all of them and be the highest paid at that point..

I frankly think the NFL should go to a rookie pay scale just like the NBA... let the vets get the big money... that's what i think should happen!...
    [/quote]

Bleed,
    I'm just saying that his contract compared to other rookies sucked. Most aren't as incentive laden as his is. His contact is VERY incentive laden, A lot of rookies drafted in a similar slot have similar contracts that aren't so incentive heavy..... I simply stated that he should have gotten a different agent...

I agree with you, I'm opposed to th amount of money these guys make..Hell, Stafford will make more money this year than almost every QB in the league.

The amount AD was going to make was pretty much predeterimed( give or take a million) because it' all based on last years 7th round draft pick contract and the contract of the guy above and below you. A different agent would have gotten him similar money but he wouldn't have to be perfect to earn it( Superbowl MVP = 2 million bonus?)

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

All contracts should be incentive based.
    Get paid for your performance.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    All contracts should be incentive based.
    Get paid for your performance.
    Do you get paid based on your daily performance?

JUCJ85 is offline Training Camp

BUMP:

Updated: Added in Glenn Holt.

Also added in Fred Evans' RFA Tender number.

Havent seen any details on Cedric Griffin's extension.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast