Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings 20 Million under the cap!

"chug" wrote:
    Any report on other team's cap situation?
    Not yet but I know the Bucs have 48 millions to spend.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Sharper, Birk, a few draft picks and there is not alot of room left over. 20million is not a lot of money for free agents.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

All I have to know is that Brzezinski is in charge of the coin and I can rest easy, knowing that he will get the most bang for the bucks available.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    All I have to know is that Brzezinski is in charge of the coin and I can rest easy, knowing that he will get the most bang for the bucks available.
    +1
    I'm sorry I ever doubted the Shiancoe signing, worth every penny(especially since his contract was front loaded) this year Kleinsasser took up more cap room than Shiancoe.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    Gotta go with Proph on this.

Not sure how we are 20 mil under the CAP.
    When I looked at it I thought we were 7 mil under.
    Ole Bryz deserves some huge props if this is correct.........
    Areas to spend in:

(Caveat:
    Of course they will all have to be coming off thier first contract as that is the norm for this FO.
    Not really into paying for older players are they?)

a. Safety.
    Get a guy that can play along side M-will and STJ for years to come.
    Will Allen (FS) out of Tampa (Cover 2) would be my number one candidate.

b. Center.
    Get a guy that knows how make correct line calls, can pull.
    Jordon Gross would be my top candidate.

c.
    MLB.
    We need depth here if none of our young guys are gonna step up.
    I know none of them did this year.
    The loss of EJ this year was huge.
    Pick up a Carl Dansby or Bart Scott could be cheap guys even though they might not fall into the catagory I listed above.

d.
    QB.
    I know, I know, who?
    ;D

Warner, Garcia, Collins would be the usual suspects.
    One or all will probably be tendered offers.

e.
    WR.
    I like our corps but for some reason (I have myself convinced it is a health issue) they can't beat a physical CB.
    That is a issue especially when you look at the Bores and GB and how thier CB's approach the game.

Houshmandzadeh and Devery Henderson could be candidates I wouldn't mind letting one of our guys go to get on the roster.

Long story short, if we do have 20 mil.
    All isn't as bleak as I thought it was.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Housh would be a huge upgrade for a WR Corps, and we need a RT, but I would be happy just signing Housh and filling the rest of our needs in the Draft.

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Areas to spend in:

(Caveat:
    Of course they will all have to be coming off thier first contract as that is the norm for this FO.

a. Safety.

b. Center.

c.
    MLB.
    Pick up a Carl Dansby or Bart Scott could be cheap guys even though they might not fall into the catagory I listed above.

d.
    QB.
    I know, I know, who?

;D

e.
    WR.

I like our corps but for some reason (I have myself convinced it is a health issue) they can't beat a physical CB.
    That is a issue especially when you look at the Bores and GB and how thier CB's approach the game.

Houshmandzadeh and Devery Henderson could be candidates I wouldn't mind letting one of our guys go to get on the roster.

I didn't think we had all that much of a drop off with the loss of EJ.. Yes, i think we played better, but our defense was still stout against the run and didn't miss many tackles regardless of whether EJ was in there or not..

I'm concerned about the RT and WR positions... these are the biggest areas we need to address besides QB IMO....

Maybe we pull off a trade or bring in a Devry, Who by the way has catching issues over his career.. We dont' need a Jordan Gross at RT but we do need someone that is a sig upgrade from cook...

$20 Miss is alot of money, but in the grad scheme of things, considering rookies and how much front loaded money guys are getting, it may not go very far, esp. if have to re-sign some of our own guys like Kleinny, Sapp, and others...

I think we're good on defense, i think we should bring Napo or D.Thomas back.. i prefer Nap...
    and J.Kennedy i think should be brought back too...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Areas to spend in:
    I'm sure we'll end up with MORE than 20 million under once the "Not likely to be earned" incentive monies are credited back to the Vikings.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Areas to spend in:

(Caveat:

a. Safety.

b. Center.

c.
    MLB.

d.
    QB.
    I know, I know, who?

;D

e.
    WR.

I didn't think we had all that much of a drop off with the loss of EJ.. Yes, i think we played better, but our defense was still stout against the run and didn't miss many tackles regardless of whether EJ was in there or not..

I'm concerned about the RT and WR positions... these are the biggest areas we need to address besides QB IMO....

Maybe we pull off a trade or bring in a Devry, Who by the way has catching issues over his career.. We dont' need a Jordan Gross at RT but we do need someone that is a sig upgrade from cook...

$20 Miss is alot of money, but in the grad scheme of things, considering rookies and how much front loaded money guys are getting, it may not go very far, esp. if have to re-sign some of our own guys like Kleinny, Sapp, and others...

I think we're good on defense, i think we should bring Napo or D.Thomas back.. i prefer Nap...
    and J.Kennedy i think should be brought back too...

The drop off in EJ was related to the ability to cover TE's in the seam. Luckily for us we didn't face to many this year that can really expose us like the Iggles did this weekend.

Devry doesn't have a droppsie issue.
    Sure he drops a few but I sometimes think this page is over sensitized to it after T-will.
    Truth of the matter is that kid gets open deep and can make some damn nice catches if given the chance.

How did you get Gross and RT confused?
    I want him to replace Birk.
    By the way, did anyone notice that they left Cook alone almost the whole game and he didn't screw the pooch until like the last 2 minutes when the rest of the team went to shit and basically quite?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ....By the way, did anyone notice that they left Cook alone almost the whole game and he didn't screw the pooch until like the last 2 minutes when the rest of the team went to shit and basically quite?
    Yes, it was sad.
    They quit at the end of the game, you could see it in all their faces.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast