Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viking Salukis

mu84 is offline Waterboy

Viking Salukis

Hey all,

I'm actually a packer fan, but will also be a somewhat viking fan this year, only because two of my boys from SIU were picked up by the vikes after the draft:
    arkee whitlock - you guys got an AMAZING back in him
    braden jones - also one heck of a talent

both are hard-working and have what it takes to be nfl material.
    i was actually hoping the pack would pick up on both of them, but management hasnt been all that it should be there lately, it seems. . .
    :-\

I was just wondering if anyone could provide any updates on either of these two players - how theyve been performing, what the buzz is around them, etc.

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

good luck this year!

mu

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Viking Salukis

Welcome to the best Vikings fan site on the net, mu84!

We welcome fans from all teams, yes even the Packers, as long as the bantering is civil, with of course a little or a lot of ribbing.

What is your assesment of Favre this year? Are you a crotch sniffer or do you feel he is past is prime & should have retired during one of the many years he's contimplated it?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikings and the Packers at the same time, that's pretty unique.

I'm glad you think we got some good young players. I haven't heard much about them from the OTAs so far.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Welcome mu84!
    Fans of other teams are always welcome, although we have a low tolerance for trolls.

The Packer's front office is getting a lot of heat, but except for a few key mistakes (JUSTIN HARRELL???) and not giving Fav-re the shove out the door that he so dearly needs, I think they are doing a good job of building up a young, talented team.

As for us, I am excited about Whitlock, but don't know very much about Jones.
    This is a great spot for updates though, as we have two resident newshounds who usually get information posted here at PP.O as soon as it is available.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Welcome mu84!
    Fans of other teams are always welcome, although we have a low tolerance for trolls.

The Packer's front office is getting a lot of heat, but except for a few key mistakes (JUSTIN HARRELL???) and not giving Fav-re the shove out the door that he so dearly needs, I think they are doing a good job of building up a young, talented team.

This is a great spot for updates though, as we have two resident newshounds who usually get information posted here at PP.O as soon as it is available.
    "WHO THE FUCK IS JUSTIN HARRELL." That is my fave youtube vid of all time. Still has me rolling thinking about it.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Welcome mu84!

"WHO THE FUCK IS JUSTIN HARRELL." That is my fave youtube vid of all time. Still has me rolling thinking about it.

LosVikingosSDCA is offline Training Camp

Welcome to the show!
    I want to say SIU Basketball is a good program that gave KU a run for their money in the Sweet 16.
    The Missouri Valley is a decent conference that had better teams then the Big 10 this year.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

you seem ok so far...welcome to the site

Do yo find it fashionable to wear cheese?

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

Hey mu84,
    welcome to the site, fellow salukis vikings fan here, I didn't know Whitlock had been drafted by vikes, (didn't follow draft closely), I had been to few of his games here in SIU and he did have ton of carries and yards as a saluki.

mu84 is offline Waterboy

"singersp" wrote:
    Welcome to the best Vikings fan site on the net, mu84!

We welcome fans from all teams, yes even the Packers, as long as the bantering is civil, with of course a little or a lot of ribbing.

What is your assesment of Favre this year? Are you a crotch sniffer or do you feel he is past is prime & should have retired during one of the many years he's contimplated it?
    Favre is favre. . . I mean, hes no longer the force that he once was, but i'd still probably rather have him at the helm than half of the other starting QBs in the NFL, currently.
    I just wish he didn't throw as many INTs and that he had the touch that he used to.
    Used to be whenever he threw downfield, a big play could be expected for the pack.
    now, its usually incomplete or a big play for the opposition!
    Don't get me wrong, I love favre, but if rodgers was showing that he was a better solution, I'd be all for moving forward.
    I'll leave the retirement decision to him, but the management and the coaching staff need to do whats best for the team, and I trust (maybe im naive) that they do.

As for whitlock and jones, I anticipate seeing them tearing it up in the NFL - similar to other current NFL salukis bart scott and brandon jacobs.
    If anyone gets any reports on either of them, could you please post it?
    I'd love to hear how theyre doing, so I'll check back frequently.

Thanks for the welcomes!
    Is it September yet!?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast