Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Viking KFFL tidbits (23 July-3 August 2008)

Vikings | Sullivan signs
    Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:49:14 -0700

The Sports Network reports the Minnesota Vikings signed C John Sullivan Wednesday, July 23. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Booty signs
    Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:42:54 -0700

The Sports Network reports the Minnesota Vikings signed QB John David Booty Wednesday, July 23. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Interviewed by league regarding tampering charges
    Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:50:13 -0700

ESPN.com reports the NFL's security department interviewed Minnesota Vikings officials Tuesday, July 22, regarding tampering charges that the Green Bay Packers filed over retired QB Brett Favre, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. A report from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said that Favre used a cell phone issued by the Packers to contact Vikings head coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

Vikings | T. Johnson signs
    Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:48:06 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings signed SS Tyrell Johnson to a four-year deal for the minimum rookie salary Wednesday, July 23. Johnson will receive a one-time incentive bonus of $600,000 if he is on the field for 35 percent of the defensive snaps this season or 45 percent of the defensive snaps in 2009.

Vikings | Negotiations continuing with agent for Booty
    Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:53:51 -0700

Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings continue to have negotiations on a contract with the agent for QB John David Booty. Indications are he will sign Wednesday, July 23.

Vikings | Sullivan has verbal agreement in place
    Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:52:49 -0700

Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings rookie C John Sullivan has a "verbal agreement" on a contract in place. Indications are he will sign Wednesday, July 23.

Vikings | T. Johnson nearing agreement on contract
    Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:52:03 -0700

Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings rookie S Tyrell Johnson is near an agreement on a multiyear contract, and indications are it could be completed early Wednesday, July 23.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Text messages now an issue in tampering allegations
    Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:08:18 -0700

Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports two NFL sources said Wednesday, July 23, Green Bay Packers retired QB Brett Favre sent text messages back-and-forth with Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. This is in addition to alleged cell-phone records of calls between the parties. The Packers have accused the Vikings of tampering with Favre. A league source confirmed Favre was using a Packers-issued cell phone in alleged communication with Childress and Bevell. Text messages would also help the Packers prove their case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Edwards aggravates back injury
    Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:11:12 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings DL Ray Edwards (back) aggravated a lingering back injury and will start training camp on the physically unable to perform list. Head coach Brad Childress said the setback was due to overworking Edwards.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: Viking KFFL tidbits (23-25 July 2008)

Vikings | Peterson must show more patience
    Sat, 26 Jul 2008 07:25:40 -0700

Rick Alonzo, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson must use training camp to work on being more patient and not always looking for the big play. Peterson must learn to let plays develop in front of him.

Vikings | Edwards jogs
    Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:20:47 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Ray Edwards (back) did some jogging and individual drills on a side field Friday, July 25.

Vikings | Mitchell works with first team
    Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:19:49 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Jayme Mitchell worked with the first-team defense Friday, July 25, in place of DL Ray Edwards (back).

Vikings | Tapeh works with first team
    Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:19:24 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Thomas Tapeh worked with the first-team offense Friday, July 25.

Vikings | Peterson wants to win
    Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:18:30 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson said he does not have a specific number of yards he wants to achieve this season. Peterson said it does not matter as long as his team reaches the "Promised Land."

Vikings | Evans works with first team
    Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:17:16 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Fred Evans worked with the starting defense Friday, July 25. Evans worked in place of DL Pat Williams (elbow), who only participated in individual drills.

Vikings | P. Williams wearing brace
    Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:16:29 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Pat Williams (elbow) participated in individual drills but did not participate in team drills Friday, July 25. Williams is recovering from offseason elbow surgery and said the team wants to ease him back into action. He was wearing a large brace on his arm but did not appear to have problems during drills.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks Proph.

I bet Mitchell and Evans give us lots of quality reps this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Viking KFFL tidbits (23-28 July 2008)

Vikings | P. Williams limited Monday
    Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:01:42 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Pat Williams (elbow) participated in contact drills during a 9-on-7 session Monday, July 28, but did not take part in the 11-on-11 work.

Vikings | Mills injured
    Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:52:51 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Garrett Mills (foot) left the field during practice Monday, July 28, after suffering a left foot injury. Mills later returned but appeared to be hobbled.

Vikings | Childress delves into conversation with Favre
    Mon, 28 Jul 2008 09:04:04 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress explained Sunday, July 27, the nature of the conversation he had with Green Bay Packers retired QB Brett Favre. "I've always felt like he could play. I told him so right after the game last year when they beat us 35-0. I wish he would have retired. I told him that to his face," Childress said. "He's still got some zip on it. In my mind it's no different than me talking to Donovan McNabb as he's (reporting) to training camp or talking to Brian Westbrook. I communicate with people in this league. You don't leave past relationships."

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | Peterson must show more patience
    Sat, 26 Jul 2008 07:25:40 -0700

Rick Alonzo, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson must use training camp to work on being more patient and not always looking for the big play. Peterson must learn to let plays develop in front of him.
    Does Rick Alonzo have any idea what he's talking about?

IMO, it's pretty stupid to criticize AD's running technique in any way, shape, or form.

OK on second thought I can at least understand the "injury" argument, btu I don't agree with it. However, lack of patience did not lead to the dud games late in the year.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Re: Viking KFFL tidbits (23-29 July 2008)

Vikings | Peterson working on patience
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:12:32 -0700

Rick Alonzo, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is focusing on being more patient with his running during the early portion of training camp. "I've got the mind-set - I want to score every time," Peterson said. "Last year, coming into it I was just coming out full speed out the blocks. As I watched tape and watched times when I was slower with my footwork and how things opened up better for me, it was a lot easier for me to focus on the little things. Slow my first step down, let the guy work and then attack." The coaching staff is working with him to become more patient, too, and feel it will help in the team's zone-blocking scheme.

Vikings | Balanced offense?
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 05:51:21 -0700

Rick Alonzo, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings believe the growth of QB Tarvaris Jackson and addition of deep-threat WR Bernard Berrian will cause problems for defenses looking to shut down RBs Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor in 2008. "We're going to be a balanced offense this year," Peterson said. "If guys want to stack nine (players) in the box for me and Ches, we'll beat them deep."

Re: Viking KFFL tidbits (23-29 July 2008)

Vikings | Grigsby has good practice Tuesday
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:53:59 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Otis Grigsby had his best practice of training camp Tuesday, July 29. Grigsby recorded two sacks and was putting pressure on the quarterback all day.

Vikings | T. Jackson impresses
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:53:31 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson looked impressive during the team's situational drills Tuesday, July 29. However, he threw two interceptions in 7-on-7 drills. Jackson went 3-for-4 during a third-and-long drill.

Vikings | P. Williams practices Tuesday
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:53:02 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Pat Williams (elbow) participated in team drills for the first time Tuesday, July 29.

Vikings | Mills does not practice Tuesday
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:52:30 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Garrett Mills (ankle) did not participate in practice Tuesday, July 29, because of a left ankle injury.

Vikings | Tapeh returns to practice
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:51:59 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings FB Thomas Tapeh (head) returned to practice Tuesday, July 29, after missing the team's evening practice Monday, July 28.

Vikings | Wade does not practice Tuesday
    Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:40:33 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) did not participate in the team's practice Tuesday, July 29. Wade said he is fine and head coach Brad Childress wanted to let Wade rest.

Re: Viking KFFL tidbits (23-30 July 2008)

Vikings | Edwards practiced Wednesday morning
    Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:33:55 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings DE Ray Edwards (back) participated in morning practice Wednesday, July 30.

Vikings | Wade misses afternoon practice Wednesday
    Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:33:12 -0700

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) did not participate in afternoon practice Wednesday, July 30. He did participate in morning practice.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Bobby Wade (knee) did not participate in afternoon practice Wednesday, July 30. He did participate in morning practice.

B-wade and a possible injury is exactly why I think they will opt for JJ over Ferg this year.
    The loss of B-wade leaves us with no small, shifty, slot guy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

B-wade and a possible injury is exactly why I think they will opt for JJ over Ferg this year.

The loss of B-wade leaves us with no small, shifty, slot guy.
    I think we would just run more 2 TE sets if Wade goes down. We could always bring Johnson up from practice squad as well if there is an injury.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast