Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    KevinK is offline Starter

Viking free agents 2010

Just did a little research on our restricted free agents and our lone unrestricted free agent (Chester Taylor).

1. Ray Edwards RFA.... I think he may land on another team. He will get a big payday that we just wont agree to pay out.

answer? Robison will get the start??

2. Tavares Jackson RFA.... I think he stays. Nobody but Chilly will have any faith in this kid. I also think we will retain him even if we get McNabb. But we all know McNabb is highly unlikely.

3. Chester Taylor UFA.... I think he's going to get a starting job. And get paid pretty well too. This will leave a hole on the team and we can pick up a good free agent at a reasonable price. Id like to see McClain take the place of Tahi and be Peterson's backup. This would help with better blocking and redzone td's IMO.

I wonder if Darren Sproles would like to come take Chester's post. Id like the front office to atleast take a look!

4. Ryan Cook RFA.... Sign him. He's essential to our OLine's success....

5. Naufahu Tahi RFA.... good bye!

6. Karl Paymah RFA.... Dont have an opinion.

So any thoughts? Im not the king of research so let me know if any thing I wrote is incorrect!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Viking free agents 2010

1. maybe, hard to say.

2. we are NOT getting McNabb. Even if he's available for a second, I don't want him.

3. Why would Sproles come here? He's going to be the main guy in SD. and why would McClain leave? This isn't madden where we can get anyone we like

4. meh... sign him only because he can play multiple positions

5. gone

6. gone

Sproles and McClaine will go to whoever pays them IMO. Thats just a wishlist for me at that position. But money talks and we may just pay for who our F.Office wants.

PS I dont play Madden..LOL

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    1. maybe, hard to say.

2. we are NOT getting McNabb. Even if he's available for a second, I don't want him.

3. Why would Sproles come here? He's going to be the main guy in SD. and why would McClain leave? This isn't madden where we can get anyone we like

4. meh... sign him only because he can play multiple positions

5. gone

6. gone

+1

Blog Entries

KevinK wrote:
    Sproles and McClaine will go to whoever pays them IMO. Thats just a wishlist for me at that position. But money talks and we may just pay for who our F.Office wants.

PS I dont play Madden..LOL
    I don't see Sproles going anywhere. I didn't know McClain was a FA, so in that case, its a possibility. He'd fit our WCO better than Tahi, thats for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd lvoe to have Sproles here, but he's a guy who can start in SD, and he knows it. He won't come here for a backup role.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re:Viking free agents 2010

You really think someone is going to give up a 1st and 3rd rounder for Ray Edwards? He doesn't have 6 years in the league does he?

Taylor is a dime a dozen back... he's respected in MN, as long as they put a solid number (something like what Mewelde got in Pitt), he stays.

Tarvaris won't find a better shot to start on any other team in the league but if we did get someone like McNabb it would relugate him to a career backup. In that case, he may want out, hard to say. Regardless, he's restricted and I don't see anyone giving up the draft picks for him.

Cook could go if we can draft someone... if we do draft a RG in the 1st round I'm more comfortable with Herrera and Hicks as backups then with Cook and Hicks. I'd can Cook and replace him with a high draft choice.

Tahi... I don't think he was effective enough... I understand the role isn't to be as dynamic as some would like it to be but I just didn't see enough from him to warrant him not being challenged by a FA or draft pick.

Paymah is a special teamer... he'll fight for his job with the rest of the ST'ers through training camp including a whole new batch of draft picks and undrafted rookies.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

While we are making outlandish claims, I would like to see Peppers, Samuel, Ed Reed, and Cushing come here too.

On another note, I hope Edwards and Taylor would like to stay. One year contracts for both, then take they money else where. Cook will probably stay. Tahi better not. Who cares about Paymeh.
    We're bringing purple back.

How am I making an outlandish claim? I just said Id like our FO to take a look. Your the one who said Peppers, Reed etc. You are the one adding more to this than Iam..Jerk!

Blog Entries

Re:Viking free agents 2010

BleedinPandG wrote:
    You really think someone is going to give up a 1st and 3rd rounder for Ray Edwards? He doesn't have 6 years in the league does he?
    why would they give up that much. You only do that if we use the transition tag for him. What they will give up depends on how much we offer him initially

Taylor is a dime a dozen back... he's respected in MN, as long as they put a solid number (something like what Mewelde got in Pitt), he stays.
    He's said he wants to test the market. Keep in mind we're paying him starter money, as he was signed as a starter. I doubt we offer him the same kid of money.
    Tarvaris won't find a better shot to start on any other team in the league but if we did get someone like McNabb it would relugate him to a career backup. In that case, he may want out, hard to say. Regardless, he's restricted and I don't see anyone giving up the draft picks for him.
    I can agree for this, except fot he Fact WE ARE NOT GETTING MCNABB! FUCK!

Cook could go if we can draft someone... if we do draft a RG in the 1st round I'm more comfortable with Herrera and Hicks as backups then with Cook and Hicks. I'd can Cook and replace him with a high draft choice.
    I'd rather keep cook, and focus our draft picks on other needs.

Tahi... I don't think he was effective enough... I understand the role isn't to be as dynamic as some would like it to be but I just didn't see enough from him to warrant him not being challenged by a FA or draft pick.
    I don't think he's back. No reason to offer him anything really.

Paymah is a special teamer... he'll fight for his job with the rest of the ST'ers through training camp including a whole new batch of draft picks and undrafted rookies.
    I like our ST players as they are, Paymah is expendable. he's not an asset on defense, and he's average at best on special teams

Blog Entries

KevinK wrote:
    How am I making an outlandish claim? I just said Id like our FO to take a look. Your the one who said Peppers, Reed etc. You are the one adding more to this than Iam..Jerk!
    I'd ay its outlandish to think McClain or sproles will come here. I dobut either player leaves Baltimore, as both will be RFA's. We'd have to give up alot for them. Simply can't happen.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast