Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes_King's Training Camp Adventures (UPDATED: August 2nd [PM Practice])

All of the players on the Field Goal blocking unit were defensive starters
    I think that's a pretty good thing, it's about time we start blocking some FG's ....

Big thanks VK!
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks VK for the updates.
    I appreciate the time you take to tell us about the experiances.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the updates here VK. It has been great to get back on track with what has been happening in TC since I've been away for a week.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

...Like VK I didn't see Rice, which was disappointing as he is one of my favorites but hopefully he was not hurt...
    [size=13pt]Rice sits out[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the update VK.

Player of the day: This definitely goes to Aundrae Allison.
    While Berrian has showed his speed earlier in the week, hauling in a few deep receptions, I think after the past two days I can safely say this:
    If Bernard Berrian doesn't keep defenses honest, Aundrae Allison definitely has the skills to do it.
    I liked the pick and I am liking it even more now.
    I am 100% convinced this guy is gonna have a serious impact this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    VK

We must have been sitting only about 10 yards apart. We were on the 35 yard line and must have been just east of you judging from your pictures.

I brought my son and a few friends over and they did the football clinic that took place before the evening practice. The kids had a good time with that and then we ate and settled down for the practice.

I had the following observations:

Like VK I didn't see Rice, which was disappointing as he is one of my favorites but hopefully he was not hurt.

Allison looked very good. I think he stood out above all others and seemed to always be making the plays. I was not as impressed with Berrian but that could be due to the constant changes in personnel and to be honest I was watching the line more than anything else.

Peterson is amazing.

In the first set of Offense vs defense, I really focused on the line because I have been critical of them and
    wanted to see them convince me that I was wrong. So here is what I saw:

Hutch, Hererra and Birk looked good. Nothing stood out as a negative from their play to speak of.

Cook didn't impress me at all in pass protection.He look lethargic compared to the others.

McKinney on the other hand looked better than I thought he would. On one play Robison tried to beat him to the outside and Mac gave him a shove and send him through a group of players who were standing there watching. He is a big strong boy. Allen gave him a hard time but he seemd to hold his own.

I watched the 2nd and 3rd string Centers to see how they did.

Sullivan had a hard time with pass blocking. #71 Kendrik Allen blew him on on a few plays. He did better against other defenders but not as well as I hoped.

Mozes looked worse. Kendrick again did a number on him. On one play he knocked him back on his jiggly butt and right into the RB.
    neither of these guys are going to replace birk soon.

Mostly what I saw from the line was the the RB's were making big plays but there was very little in the passing game through the air during the initial 11-11 drills. Later in the 7-7 drills there were more pass plays and in those TJ had some nice throws and one run that would have been an 80 yd td from what I saw, but we were moving towards the autograph section so I didn't see the whole thing.
    Thanks for the update my friend.

Bad news it appears with respect to Cook, Sullivan and Mozes.
    Good to see KA is getting a bit of a push up the middle though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

While Berrian has showed his speed earlier in the week, hauling in a few deep receptions, I think after the past two days I can safely say this:
    If Bernard Berrian doesn't keep defenses honest, Aundrae Allison definitely has the skills to do it.

;D
    Especially with Favre throwing to him.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    He better hurry up and get here if he is to be of any use the first 3-6 weeks of the regular season.
    He is definately a talented QB but unless he develops that timing that TJ has with guys like AA, he will be chucking the ball to spots he THINKS his recievers are going to be and ole Lord Dickheads INT tracking numbers will continue to rise.

By the way, if (Big IF) he wears my beloved Purple and Gold this year, I will stop in with the following comment every time he costs you guys a game as he tries to chuck it deep or tries to throw a crossing pattern to a guy who is breaking it to the outside..........

AHHHHHHH hhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhaaaa HAHAHA
    aaaaahhhhhhhh HAHAHAHAHAAAa
    aaaaaahhhhhahahaha, I'm peeing my pants, hhhhaaaaaa hahahahahhahhhhaaaaaaaaa
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Edit
    http://www.kffl.com/article/1790/204
    Core features of the West Coast philosophy are:

QB makes pre and post-snap reads and judges where the ball should go.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    He better hurry up and get here if he is to be of any use the first 3-6 weeks of the regular season.
    He is definately a talented QB but unless he develops that timing that TJ has with guys like AA, he will be chucking the ball to spots he THINKS his recievers are going to be and ole Lord Dickheads INT tracking numbers will continue to rise.

By the way, if (Big IF) he wears my beloved Purple and Gold this year, I will stop in with the following comment every time he costs you guys a game as he tries to chuck it deep or tries to throw a crossing pattern to a guy who is breaking it to the outside..........

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Edit

Like we have had that for the last 2 seasons with any of our QB's :

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Edit

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast