Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

VikesKing's Village: Updated Monday 11th AM (pictures)

I figured this year I'll just make one thread, instead of many, and just edit my title every time i add new pictures to the thread.

I know the Vikings arrived in town yesterday, but the past day I haven't really "felt" it, at least until today.

I was up at MSU today for a late orientation since I'll be attending there this fall.
    I was on the phone with my friend, since I had just finished registering for classes.
    I go down the stairs to the main floor, and make my way for the exit... but someone is in the way...

Brad Childress and Zygi Wilf were standing right there, having a little discussion.
    Since it looked like they were busy, I just nodded to them, received a "Hey there" from Zygi and a wink and smile from Childress.
    I turn to the door, and a colossal man was right in front of me,
    standing there was Steve Hutchinson.
    I shake his hand, make a comment or two, and start to walk out the door.

Easier said then done.

coming in the other door is Ray Edwards.
    I look to my right, Bryannt McKinnie standing sitting on the ledge.
    Behind him, a plethora of offensive and defensive linemen, all in street clothes.
    It was quite the scene, definitely enough to make a 5'10 165 pound man feel small.
    To the left, Tavaris Jackson sitting on the other ledge talking with Visanthe Shiancoe.
    I thought to myself "here I am... with my football and marker..."

I didn't want to bother them much, besides I'd be seeing them soon enough at camp! Of course.. even after I decide to leave, I just can't get away from these guys.
    Before I could get out of there, Matt Birk comes rolling up on his bike, and hops off about 2 feet away from me.
    Didn't say much to him, but definitely got a chuckle from him.
    Made a comment about how he's not very hard to spot on a campus.
    His response?
    "Yea I know, its the red bike" (he was riding a very shiny red bike from Scheels, lol).

I have no idea why they were all by the class rooms, perhaps Childress planned on "schooling" them in a few things (corny, i know).
    All I know now... is I'm PUMPED for Training Camp!! I work tomorrow till about 2.. but after that, hope to see some of you at camp for the first afternoon practice and team introductions!!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes_King's Training Camp Adventures

Very Very very nice post!

I'm so glad for you, you're living the dream man!!
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

VK,
    you are the man!

Thats really neat it all went down like that for you at campus......I hate you..LOL

Nordic Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I would have listened into the conversation between Wilf and Childress. Probably about the Favre mess.
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    I figured this year I'll just make one thread, instead of many, and just edit my title every time i add new pictures to the thread.

I know the Vikings arrived in town yesterday, but the past day I haven't really "felt" it, at least until today.

I was up at MSU today for a late orientation since I'll be attending there this fall.

I was on the phone with my friend, since I had just finished registering for classes.
    I go down the stairs to the main floor, and make my way for the exit... but someone is in the way...

Brad Childress and Zygi Wilf were standing right there, having a little discussion.
    Since it looked like they were busy, I just nodded to them, received a "Hey there" from Zygi and a wink and smile from Childress.

Easier said then done.

Behind him, a plethora of offensive and defensive linemen, all in street clothes.
    It was quite the scene, definitely enough to make a 5'10 165 pound man feel small.
    To the left, Tavaris Jackson sitting on the other ledge talking with Visanthe Shiancoe.

I didn't want to bother them much, besides I'd be seeing them soon enough at camp! Of course.. even after I decide to leave, I just can't get away from these guys.
    Before I could get out of there, Matt Birk comes rolling up on his bike, and hops off about 2 feet away from me.
    His response?
    "Yea I know, its the red bike" (he was riding a very shiny red bike from Scheels, lol).

I have no idea why they were all by the class rooms, perhaps Childress planned on "schooling" them in a few things (corny, i know).

All I know now... is I'm PUMPED for Training Camp!! I work tomorrow till about 2.. but after that, hope to see some of you at camp for the first afternoon practice and team introductions!!
    Make sure to get in line for camp FIRST THING in the AM...and go straight to the Alltel booth so that you can get a VIP pass (free food, free drinks, free gear, air conditioned tent at the end zone instead of along the field
    AND they let groups go onto the sidelines of the practice field for about 20 minutes or so while they practice).
    I did it last year and it was awesome.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Good stuff VK.
    Should be a lot of fun tomorrow for you.

Hey Cajun, if you were there last year, why didn't we get a scoop from you?
    Or did I just [s]ignore [/s] miss it.
    Were you the waterboy that was quoted a few times?

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Lucky bastard.
    Kinda bummed I won't be able to make it down there again this year.

Why did you have orientation?
    Didn't you go to MSU last year?

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

Easier said then done.

His response?

Make sure to get in line for camp FIRST THING in the AM...and go straight to the Alltel booth so that you can get a VIP pass (free food, free drinks, free gear, air conditioned tent at the end zone instead of along the field
    AND they let groups go onto the sidelines of the practice field for about 20 minutes or so while they practice).
    I did it last year and it was awesome.
    thanks for the heads up, Cajun!
    I'll be heading there early tomorrow morning.
    It will be my virgin tour to training camp.
    I'm really hoping to get to see at least half the guys Vike_King had the good fortune to see.
    That post really got me fired up, thanks!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:
    Lucky bastard.
    Kinda bummed I won't be able to make it down there again this year.

Why did you have orientation?
    Didn't you go to MSU last year?
    Not really.
    I graduated High School in 2007, took the year off to work full time, and now i'm going back to school.
    I'm still on track tho, i have 32 credits done up there that i got during PSEO

And Caj, yea I hope to get more passes to the VIP tent, I won some last year and got Jackson, Rice, McCauley, Dontarius Thomas, Chandler Williams, Chester Taylor, and Bobby Wade to sign my football that day.
    I was wasted... but it was fun as shit

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I've been waiting for your posts all year my friend.
    ;D

Make sure you take lots of pics.........

By the way, if you happen to see a new guy wearing number 4, let me know.
    I sighted in my .270 the other day just in case it was needed.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast