Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes_King's 4th Annual Training Camp Reports

Most of you guys know me, and for those of you that don't, I've been around this site for 5 or so years (I know, haven't been very active this past year). I won't be making my 1st camp appearance until Sunday, but just wanted to make sure you guys knew to watch for it.

Be sure to follow me @ King718 on twitter, I'll try to give as many updates & observations as possible to keep you people who can't make it to town updated and informed.

So mark this page and as always, once I post reports or tweets, feel free to ask questions, the good thing about having an "amateur" blogger on board, is that you know I'll reply quickly and honestly.

Stay tuned!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Vikes_King's 4th Annual Training Camp Reports

Vikes_King wrote:
    Most of you guys know me, and for those of you that don't, I've been around this site for 5 or so years (I know, haven't been very active this past year). I won't be making my 1st camp appearance until Sunday, but just wanted to make sure you guys knew to watch for it.

Be sure to follow me @ King718 on twitter, I'll try to give as many updates & observations as possible to keep you people who can't make it to town updated and informed.

So mark this page and as always, once I post reports or tweets, feel free to ask questions, the good thing about having an "amateur" blogger on board, is that you know I'll reply quickly and honestly.

Stay tuned!
    Thanks for sharing your observations. Have fun on Sunday.

Since it doesn't pay to be shy...1st questions...mostly about guys without a lot of college highlights available...

1. Since we seem to be putting a lot of faith in the unknown at OT depth it would be great to get some observations on the likes of Brown, Noetlich, and Clark...who is getting reps and who looks good. Also if Degeare lines-up there at all.

2. What does Shuler look like running routes and catching passes, my guess for camps big surprise.
    None

I'll be sure to keep a close eye on the oline battles, everyone talks about the camp stories to watch and discuss CBs, RBs, etc, because they're the more "sexy" positions. OL depth is definitely our biggest question going into camp.

As far as DeGeare goes, I don't really expect him to line up @ OT at all, he's built a lot like Herrera, shorter and heavier than most standard NFL OT's. He's probably most suited to stay as an interior linemen, especially since sadly Hutchinson won't be around forever.

You may be right about Shuler, but with so much competition across the board roster spots will be come hard to come by, he'll have to impress quickly and often. Garrett Mills won't want to concede his spot too easily.

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikes_King wrote:
    I'll be sure to keep a close eye on the oline battles, everyone talks about the camp stories to watch and discuss CBs, RBs, etc, because they're the more "sexy" positions. OL depth is definitely our biggest question going into camp.

As far as DeGeare goes, I don't really expect him to line up @ OT at all, he's built a lot like Herrera, shorter and heavier than most standard NFL OT's. He's probably most suited to stay as an interior linemen, especially since sadly Hutchinson won't be around forever.

You may be right about Shuler, but with so much competition across the board roster spots will be come hard to come by, he'll have to impress quickly and often. Garrett Mills won't want to concede his spot too easily.
    I am not thrilled about the possibility of DeGeare at OT either, just curious if they would try it, they did put Cook at RT after all and DeGeare is much better suited to OT than Cook IMHO...otherwise we probably are going to be stuck with an undersized OT with good technique..if we have one

Shuler is just really interesting, this Draft was full of serious TE talent. Being the "Blocking TE" in college "behind" Andrew Quarles really kept his exposure as a Pass Catcher to a minimum. I think he went way under the radar. Also, he has the ideal physical tools to be an "all around" TE if he shows well as a reciever.

Again, have agreat time at camp and I look forward to your review.
    None

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Looking forward to the insight as usual! I might hit training camp yet this year.

The big difference between Cook & DeGeare is that DeGeare is 6'4" 335, 6'6" 328. DeGeare is built to maul people on run blocking from the interior position, cooks size made him most suitable to play the outside.

Besides, behind Hutchinson & Herrera is 3 rookies (counting DeGeare). My belief is that they picked up DeGeare to learn from Hutch and be his eventual replacement if he gets hurt or wears down - this is his 10th season.

- Dan Calabrese

Camp is from 3-4:55 today, so watch the twitter updates (@King718) for info!

- Dan Calabrese

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

For those new to the board, the Vikes_King training camp reports are the best anywhere.

Looking forward to them as always.

WWBGD

locuomotion is offline Training Camp

How has the Webb vs. Rosenfels battle been going? Hearing of the four INTs by Rosenfels today can't help his chances for keeping that 3rd QB spot...
    "You don't have to have a mullet to cut your sleeves off and be a bad ass." - Jared Allen
    www.hoverstad.com

locuomotion wrote:
    How has the Webb vs. Rosenfels battle been going? Hearing of the four INTs by Rosenfels today can't help his chances for keeping that 3rd QB spot...
    Rosenfel's had 3 more INTs that I counted today, Webb had at least one. Webb was very accurate with a strong arm in individual drills with the WR's (no defenders, just wideouts running routes) but in 7-on-7's he overthrew and under threw his target many times. Webb is a raw talent, his biggest help to make the team isn't his skills, its Rosenfels contract and the fact that we might not want to pay it.

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast