Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vikes09 Prospect Analysis

If the reported interest the Bucs are showing in Moss is true that could be great news for us. If tehy were to take him they certainly wouldnt take Johnson as that is a lot of money tied up in one position.
    As far as Bowe goes I would have no problem seeing the Vikes take him, however I really like Robert Meachem, he was very solid on the field and further impressed with his workouts.

scharles is offline Rookie

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    If the reported interest the Bucs are showing in Moss is true that could be great news for us. If tehy were to take him they certainly wouldnt take Johnson as that is a lot of money tied up in one position.
    As far as Bowe goes I would have no problem seeing the Vikes take him, however I really like Robert Meachem, he was very solid on the field and further impressed with his workouts.
    The Bucs aren't going to make the trade for Moss, even today their saying that talks have been progressing between the Raiders and the Packers, possibly having a deal made by the end of the week. I think you guys should face it, the only way your getting CJ is by trading up.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i dont even care if moss ends up in green bay..look at how awful hes been in oakland..he doesnt run routes anymore, and has started to drop like 2 passes a game..his speed has dropped off considerably..id like to have him back in minnesota, but thats because our receivers are just that bad, and hed obviously be an upgrade over bobby wade, but randy is nowhere close to being the game changer that he used to be

apparently green bay fans would absolutely hate the move as well which is in the article on espn.com
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    apparently green bay fans would absolutely hate the move as well which is in the article on espn.com
    Why, because they base those stats on people who call and email Bob Harlan telling him that it would be a bad move? I don't believe that is a fair representation of the Packer fan population. I think you're only getting the negative end of the spectrum, because I don't think people who support it, me and many others, don't feel the need to email and call Bob... that's just stupid.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

he doesnt run routes anymore, and has started to drop like 2 passes a game..his speed has dropped off considerably..
    The PUCKERs line was coming together at the end of the year, and as much as I despise FAVVREEEEE he can still chuck it deep.
    Give him some time and a reciever that can get down there and look out.

his speed has dropped off considerably..
    I don't think this is very accurate.
    He has been dinged but I think the reason he doesn't get open as often was two fold

a) The raiders didn't have time to go deep.
    QB was to busy running for his life to even see if the deep ball was opening up.

b) The cover two kindof negates his strength.
    It won't work everytime but when the D rolls out of it on his side and, again, the QB has time to see it, look out.

I for one will hate it if he plays for the cheeseheads.
    Only bad things can happen and most of it will be for our D-fense if we can't pressure FAVVREEEE and slap him on his back before Moss gets open.

By the way.
    Lots of stuff on ESPN radio all day about how the Pack are moving forward with the trade.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings expressed interest in Brady Quinn too..now thats a solid first rounder...I love the WR this year...but i do think we can grab a solid wideout in the second round...Wilf wants to build young...get Brady and go from there

"Nephilim" wrote:
    Vikings expressed interest in Brady Quinn too..now thats a solid first rounder...I love the WR this year...but i do think we can grab a solid wideout in the second round...Wilf wants to build young...get Brady and go from there
    Yea but then you've wasted your time and picks moving up last year for Jackson to just have him sit on the bench. I guess if he isn't the future then the obvious move would be to take Quinn and bite the bullet, and maybe Jackson can provide some trade value later. You guys have a lot of options where you are, weren't the lock the Pack were last year at 5, I'm intrigued to see what you do, or how you mess it up this time.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"scharles" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    Yea but then you've wasted your time and picks moving up last year for Jackson to just have him sit on the bench. I guess if he isn't the future then the obvious move would be to take Quinn and bite the bullet, and maybe Jackson can provide some trade value later. You guys have a lot of options where you are, weren't the lock the Pack were last year at 5, I'm intrigued to see what you do, or how you mess it up this time.
    but i wouldnt mind "wasting" those picks if we ended up with our QB for a long time to come.

i would take quinn over calvin johnson as it stands right now if we had the option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12