Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikes' Williamson, Pats' Jackson on Denver's radar?

Walker for Williamson would be amazing.
    Of course we'd have to throw in a pick, but to unload that turd's contract alone would be worth a fourth round pick.
    Not even kidding.
    Make it so number one!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

The Williamson trade speculation is going to morph even further as we just blindly throw out scenerios..... Hmmmm. Javon Walker is damaged goods..... maybe put in a 4th round pick in too and go for someone younger like a Fitzgerald, or a unhearalded Chilli/Spielman Gem to be named later.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    Last offseason was huge for TWill. He worked very hard on his vision and catching. He did get better at catching.

Now TWill needs another huge offseason. This time he needs to work on mental focus.

It looks like two-time Super Bowl winner Mike Shanahan believes TWill is worth it.

We should definitely NOT trade TWill. Keep encouraging him. Let's see what happens when he shows up at training camp. If he is improved, great, keep him. Maybe renegotiate his contract. If he is not improved, and his mental focus is still not there, Then trade him. But he will improve a lot.

TWill will be there. We need to believe in him.
    Oh my...
    LOL Stallion.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

3 years in the league and he is still catching the ball with his face mask and body.
    He will not learn at this point.
    I really started having hope for him until the Denver game but all that hope went down the tubes.
    He needs to go and get someone that is more consistent in catching the ball.

"pack93z" wrote:
    Receivers usually start hitting their potential between years two and three... a decent rule of thumb to follow is if they haven't hit stride by the end of year three.. they probably will never blossom into the player a franchise envisioned.

very well said.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    I think that is why we poured so much effort into him last offseason.
    There was still a chane he could prosper.
    After the Denver game though.... I don't care if he gets cut and we don;t get anything in exchange... just get rid of him!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Walker for Williamson would be amazing.
    Of course we'd have to throw in a pick, but to unload that turd's contract alone would be worth a fourth round pick.
    Not even kidding.
    Make it so number one!
    I would be good with this trade too, but let's not kid ourselves.
    Walker is a head case, and might not be much of an improvement.
    But yeah, to get anything in return for Williamson would be a plus.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I wanna believe in him.
    I really do.

However, in his 3 years in the league he has more bruises from balls hitting him that his hands missed than he has bruises from being tackled after a catch...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

I guess I will just have to disagree with you guys. You have a lot of knowledge and football wisdom, and so I'll just make my points.

If TWill really was only worth the league minimum, how could the Vikings get any trade value for him? Yet this thread is talking about trading Javon Walker for him.

Let's say TWill could only get the league minimum if he was cut. Then why don't the Vikings just tell TWill they will cut him or he must accept a lower salary amount? The reason is because he isn't that far away.

Javon Walker is older and injury prone.

TWill is fast, younger, not injury prone, and has good size. He caught thousands of balls in the offseason. He can physically catch very well. His problem is only psychological. It's mental focus. He needs to work on mental focus this offseason, Working on route running is also needed. Eventually he can get there. And that will make it worth it.

Williamson had a tough season psychologically. There were the two family tragedies that stretched for a long period of time. There was the lack of telling the coach where he was. That's a sure sign of immaturity. Some people mature at different ages. Just because some people grew up faster doesn't mean TWill will not grow up too.

Williamson carries with him all of the marks of potential excellence that he had before. He has made steady, if slow progress toward reaching that potential. Now is no time to lose our belief in one of our number 1 draft picks.

Go Vikes!

Go Vikings!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Granted, TW isn't on this list.

http://listverse.com/sports/the-top-10-worst-nfl-draft-picks/

But he is not what "most" of us want him to be, NFL caliber.

He reminds me of Peter Warrick.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20071025-1508-fbo-warricksnewlife.html

Maybe that is where TW will end up, along side PW.

If you like TW and you want to hitch your wagon to him, that is fine.
    I am not trying to change your mind.
    I think that the people that take my stance are just tired of waiting when he is back to square one, dropping a ball that would make other WRs into star players.
    Heck, it make out struggling QB look bad also.
    I just don't think it is a good business model to keep him around.
    Guys can't see that happen and think that they also can keep their job for performing like that.

BTW, I can remember the good plays also.
    I think there were two bombs for TDs that he did catch.
    But I can also remember three drops that would have been near TD's.

TW had the one from TJ (Chi?) early in the season.
    I think that TW had one from C-pep also (9-25-05).

GP Catches Yds Avg TDs First Downs
    11 18 240 13.3 1 9

Do I have selective memory, or are those his only two highlights.
    I went back and looked at his stats and only was a few other long pass completions to him.
    Correct me if I am wrong!

Long pass plays
    2005 = 53T, 36, 56
    2006 = 46, 30
    2007 = 60T, 21

Some how I turned this into a TW thread.
    Back on track, no way he is a straight up trade for JW.
    They are going to want something in addition.
    Maybe there is a reason that Chilly didn't let him go already.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

BTW, I am a gambling man and I would take the untested Chad Jackson over TW hands down any day of the year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    I guess I will just have to disagree with you guys. You have a lot of knowledge and football wisdom, and so I'll just make my points.

If TWill really was only worth the league minimum, how could the Vikings get any trade value for him? Yet this thread is talking about trading Javon Walker for him.

Let's say TWill could only get the league minimum if he was cut. Then why don't the Vikings just tell TWill they will cut him or he must accept a lower salary amount? The reason is because he isn't that far away.

Javon Walker is older and injury prone.

TWill is fast, younger, not injury prone, and has good size. He caught thousands of balls in the offseason. He can physically catch very well. His problem is only psychological. It's mental focus. He needs to work on mental focus this offseason, Working on route running is also needed. Eventually he can get there. And that will make it worth it.

Williamson had a tough season psychologically. There were the two family tragedies that stretched for a long period of time. There was the lack of telling the coach where he was. That's a sure sign of immaturity. Some people mature at different ages. Just some people grew up faster doesn't mean TWill will not grow up too.

Williamson carries with him all of the marks of potential excellence that he had before. He has made steady, if slow progress toward reaching that potential. Now is no time to lose our belief in one of our number 1 draft picks.

Go Vikes!
    Honestly, I agree with a lot of the points you made.
    And I think that a lot of other teams will too, which is why he is actually trade material and not just on the cutting block.
    But I don't think that TWill will be able to succeed in Minnesota. He needs a change of scenery, a fresh start.
    And so does Minnesota.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast