Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikes Will Go Secondary Twice in First 3 Rounds, Says New Yahoo! Mock

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    What about this scenario though. Highly unlikely, but I'm wondering what you guys think about this.

A trade with the Chargers (Or someone in that area) to move up in the first round. Chargers get something like your 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd and you get the 16th pick overall.

You select Freeman at Nr. 16 and will groom him for a year or with Rosenfels as his mentor.

I know, highly unlikely. Both because of the fact that Childress seems to like your current QBs and that he doesn't have that much time left. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    I hope that scenario never comes true. I'm not even shure if I would take Freeman with our current pick although it is very tempting. It is no doupt that Freeman has the tools and he was very impressive at the combine, but I'm so tired of the project quarterbacks. I would take him in the 2nd.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Agreed Freeman in the second would be a good pick for anyone

I agree with you guys. QBs don't pan out like they should very often, add to that that he's a project. (Not to amazing in college, the part that counts most for me, yet, very good at positional drills which don't say everything) That's a pretty scary scenario.

Just wanted to throw it out there, since I asume you'd like a franchise QB sometime soon again.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

V4L

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    I agree with you guys. QBs don't pan out like they should very often, add to that that he's a project. (Not to amazing in college, the part that counts most for me, yet, very good at positional drills which don't say everything) That's a pretty scary scenario.

Just wanted to throw it out there, since I asume you'd like a franchise QB sometime soon again.

If Freeman was a franchise Qb then yah

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

So your saying a QB that is drafted in the first round isn't considered a Franchise QB?

Quick question.
    Do you consider Rogers a FQ?
    In all likelyhood Freeman will go higher than he did.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

So your saying a QB that is drafted in the first round isn't considered a Franchise QB?

Quick question.
    true... but i tink the difference is that for the most part, you have guys like Brady, Manning and McNabb who are franchise QB's.. and you have guys like Sanchez, Stafford and possibly Freeman, that you DRAFT TO BE Franchise QB's... we drafted TJ to do the franchise QB, but that doesnt' necessarily mean they will become franchise QB's....

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Quick question.
    true... but i tink the difference is that for the most part, you have guys like Brady, Manning and McNabb who are franchise QB's.. and you have guys like Sanchez, Stafford and possibly Freeman, that you DRAFT TO BE Franchise QB's... we drafted TJ to do the franchise QB, but that doesnt' necessarily mean they will become franchise QB's....
    "bleedpurple" is right!

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Quick question.

Do you consider Akili Smith, Tim Couch and Ryan leaf franchise QBs?

They all went higher then Freeman will

V4L

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Quick question.

+1

And Brady wasn't even drafted to be a
    franchise QB.. he went real late.. You never know with the draft

You can't just assume a first round QB will be the face of your franchise for years

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Quick question.

+1

And Brady wasn't even drafted to be a
    franchise QB.. he went real late.. You never know with the draft

You can't just assume a first round QB will be the face of your franchise for years
    So some QB's are drafted to be "Franchise QB's" and some aren't.........? ??? ?

Not sure but I bet each team that drafts a QB hopes he will evolve into a "Franchise QB".....

Kindof answers your question.....

Do you consider Akili Smith, Tim Couch and Ryan leaf franchise QBs?

They all went higher then Freeman will
    Will they all pan out?
    Hell no but at least if you draft them you must have some sort of hope they will woudn't you think?
    If not, why waste a pick on them?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12