Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikes Will Go Secondary Twice in First 3 Rounds, Says New Yahoo! Mock

A new highly ambitious three-round mock draft on Yahoo! Sports has the Vikings landing OT Eben Britton in the first round. .....snip.......After Britton, the Yahoo! people have the Vikings taking cornerback D.J. Moore of Vanderbilt, and then in the third round, safety Darcel McBath of Texas Tech.

http://thevikingage.com/2009/03/31/v...ew-yahoo-mock/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes Will Go Secondary Twice in First 3 Rounds, Says New Yahoo! Mock

Britton, will still be available in the second round, and I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down a couple spots and grab another pick. I know we will get another DB, but I'm more concerned with what Denver will do with the pick aquired from Chicago. I say Harvin in the first round.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Britton, will still be available in the second round, and I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down a couple spots and grab another pick. I know we will get another DB, but I'm more concerned with what Denver will do with the pick aquired from Chicago. I say Harvin in the first round.
    Last year 7 OTs went in the first round, in the first 26 picks. I really doubt Britton, who most, if not all, draft analysts have as a first round talent falls all the way to the mid 50s.

If a tackle has first round talent he will be drafted in the first round, there isn't as much of a risk invovled as there is with WRs and QBs and you can find a cornerstone for your offense.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Eben Britton in the first round is not a terrible pick, and D.J. Moore in the second round would be a steal. He can play a little WR and is a good KR too. Plus, he plays faster on the field than his 40-time would tell you. However, I still hope we can get a little lucky and draft a little better than this, but it all depends on how the other teams draft. I would be happier with Percy Harvin in the first, but D.J. Moore in the second would be great.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Expect the same thing to happen that happens every year..
    1) A run on OT
    2) The sliding of QBs
    3) WRs with slight issues slidding to 2nd and 3rd rounds.
    4) DEs going exactly as expected

I say first round we should draft Mack. There are a lot of teams that will go after a Center but few Centers have first round talent, this guy does. Mack reminds me of a young Birk.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Expect the same thing to happen that happens every year..
    1) A run on OT
    2) The sliding of QBs
    3) WRs with slight issues slidding to 2nd and 3rd rounds.
    4) DEs going exactly as expected

I say first round we should draft Mack. There are a lot of teams that will go after a Center but few Centers have first round talent, this guy does. Mack reminds me of a young Birk.

I doubt it happens, I expect the coaching staff to give Sullivan his shot at starting.
    Ya never know I guess, especially if he's the BPA...

Brewtal is offline Starter

"HEY" wrote:
    Eben Britton in the first round is not a terrible pick, and D.J. Moore in the second round would be a steal. He can play a little WR and is a good KR too. Plus, he plays faster on the field than his 40-time would tell you. However, I still hope we can get a little lucky and draft a little better than this, but it all depends on how the other teams draft. I would be happier with Percy Harvin in the first, but D.J. Moore in the second would be great.
    I agree D.J. Moore would be a great second round pick for us.
    As far as Sulivan it is really hard for anyone to say other then the coaching staff.
    We don't get a chance to see him working out and really have
    no idea what to expect from him.
    If Sullivan does work out (keeping my fingers crossed) he will prove to be a great late round draft pick for us.
    If the coaching staff really isn't seeing him as a starter I could see them reaching for Mack.
    Then again Childress has stated they won't be reaching for anyone.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I'd like Britton or Oher in the first round, then maybe WR/CB or CB/WR in 2 and 3, depending on who's available at that time.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

What about this scenario though. Highly unlikely, but I'm wondering what you guys think about this.

A trade with the Chargers (Or someone in that area) to move up in the first round. Chargers get something like your 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd and you get the 16th pick overall.

You select Freeman at Nr. 16 and will groom him for a year or with Rosenfels as his mentor.

I know, highly unlikely. Both because of the fact that Childress seems to like your current QBs and that he doesn't have that much time left. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    What about this scenario though. Highly unlikely, but I'm wondering what you guys think about this.

A trade with the Chargers (Or someone in that area) to move up in the first round. Chargers get something like your 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd and you get the 16th pick overall.

You select Freeman at Nr. 16 and will groom him for a year or with Rosenfels as his mentor.

I know, highly unlikely. Both because of the fact that Childress seems to like your current QBs and that he doesn't have that much time left. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Fuck that

Freeman blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast