Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikes Visit With Pat White

"Zeus" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    I wouldnt be mad if we got him only with 3rd or later though. WR/OL/CB for the 1st two maybe even a DT but if hes there in the 3rd round I say yes. couple days left people
    Pat White will be gone by the end of the 2nd.

=Z=
    I think he would be gone by the end of the 2nd if he embraced the whole 'slash' thing, he's a day 2 guy now imo. His lack of enthusiasm shows he has his heart set on playing QB at the next level, and short QBs get no love on draft day. I wouldn't be all that shocked if he fell to us in the 3rd, and we passed on him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    I wouldnt be mad if we got him only with 3rd or later though. WR/OL/CB for the 1st two maybe even a DT but if hes there in the 3rd round I say yes. couple days left people

=Z=
    I think he would be gone by the end of the 2nd if he embraced the whole 'slash' thing, he's a day 2 guy now imo. His lack of enthusiasm shows he has his heart set on playing QB at the next level, and short QBs get no love on draft day. I wouldn't be all that shocked if he fell to us in the 3rd, and we passed on him.
    I agree, the shorter QBs don't get much love... but I don't think that means they will be bad. Pat White is 6'2",
    Joe Montana was 6'2"... Drew Brees is 6'0"...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

A lot of teams looking at him as a receiver. Opportunity to be a QB and/or receiver with the Vikes.
    A gifted athelete is usually an asset to any team. This guy is gifted and smart.

There is the general perception that he is too small to be an NFL QB.

Fran the man wasn't very tall, but he did ok.

I doubt we get him. But he could be the perfect west coast type QB if used correctly.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    A lot of teams looking at him as a receiver. Opportunity to be a QB and/or receiver with the Vikes.
    A gifted athelete is usually an asset to any team. This guy is gifted and smart.

I doubt we get him. But he could be the perfect west coast type QB if used correctly.
    Why is that? He's not that small...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

The OLmen that Fran had to look over were about the same size as LB'rs these days though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Florio is an idiot.
    Absolutely nothing will come of this.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

=Z=
    I agree, the shorter QBs don't get much love... but I don't think that means they will be bad. Pat White is 6'2",
    I agree.. One example I was going to use but I thought was a bit off topic was Colt Brennan. Even though he played in the WAC or whatever POS conference Hawaii is in, he had about every NCAA Div 1 QB record there is to have. That's damn impressive, and he barely gets drafted.

It only takes one team though, Pat could go in the second, but there's definitely also a chance he drops.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

The OLmen that Fran had to look over were about the same size as LB'rs these days though.
    Just ask them to bend over!
    ;D
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Bretto007" wrote:
    Interesting development.
    I think its almost a mute point, I don't expect him to be there with the Vikings pick in round 2.
    So if they want him its a trade up from the 2nd or a trade down from the 1st situation.
    I watched some highlights on him.
    Very talented.
    Just in case anyone cares he scored a 23 on the wonderlic.

I think its interesting that the Jets took a similar player in Brad Smith in the 4th round a couple years ago.
    Smith hasn't had an impact on the team from either a QB or WR position yet.
    But maybe White has more potential then Smith who knows, I didn't have the time to compare college stats.
    Britton scored a 31.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

=Z=
    Tarvaris Jackson is 6'2"
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast