Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikes to trade up....

"As far as what to trade for him, our #17 pick, next yrs. 1st rd., Cory Withrow, and Rosenthal (the need O-Line help more than we do)"

How about we trade five veteran players and eight draft choices for Bush... no wait... that was for a DIFFERENT running back from Texas...

Seriously, it would be nice to have him, but it would be too much of a sacrifice to trade up to get him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jakvike is offline Waterboy

"josdin00" wrote:
    Now, we might be able to work a trade with a team further down the line to get someone like A.J. Hawk. But, going after Bush? I don't think that's going to happen.
    I Like A.J. Hawk. Also look to next year's Draft for Penn States Paul Posluszny. I really think this guy will be a top linebacker in the NFL.
    Jake

DogPound is offline Rookie

I could see us making a deal to move up but I just dont want to give up to much to do so. I have seen teams who have good talent to start with make a trade for a player and give to much. Then there back to square one ...they just are an okay team with one stud player.
    ~ I BLEED PURPLE!! ~

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

i do think houston will trade down, but no way will they go as low as 17... i see them moving down a couple slots so they still get D'brickashaw and then possibly a second rounder... however, i wouldnt doubt us trading up in the draft to around 10-12 to get a LB

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wanna see us move up and get Deangelo Williams.. I will guarentee he will be a stud.. Plain dominated college with a HORRIBLE line and a Qb who was a 4th string WR.. He had 8 in the box at all times and still broke records

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

First off, ever heard of Bo Jackson? The other running backs taken #1 have fared no better. Bo was AWESOME for a few..then done.

There are more starting running backs that are not 1st round picks than there are 1sts starting. Bust city...you can pick one up in a later round. William Green anyone?

Most poignant however, is that in the last five?? years, we don't move up. We grab our talent and run. Or move down, grab our talent and run. Brezenzski is still there, Studwell is still there.....unless the GM is an idiot and overrules the boys with the know, it won't happen.

How many "next Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith's, etc." have there been? How many first rounders, how many busts? The reason those people's names still come up is because they are that special.

I wish the team that does draft Bush...and Bush himself luck. I hope he is every bit as fun to watch and amazing as he was in college(unless GB moves up) and is an HoF'er, even though the odds are very much stacked against it.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I'm more of a fan of trading down and getting more. I don't like the Idea of "puting all my eggs in one basket".

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

If we can get Deangelo Williams i'm all for it!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I hate how he got so big so now theres the people who go against the grain and say..REGGIE SUCKS AND REGGIE THIS! Hes a freak of nature, to say he sucks means you have no knowledge about RB's what so ever. I would sell my soul to trade up and get him. We probably wont, so I fear for him in houston.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"sharper42" wrote:
    what do you think we would trade to get him?
    I think we still own the rights to H.Walker?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast