Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes to scrimmage Chiefs again in pre-seaaon?

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1580

The Vikings released a few of their key dates for training camp this week. One thing not on the schedule was a practice against the Kansas City Chiefs. That doesn’t mean it isn’t going to happen. Talks are believed to be ongoing between the teams. There is a possibility the two could end up practicing against each other at the Chiefs’ training-camp base in River Falls, Wis., this August.

I hope to God the Chiefs wouldn't sink to the level of a cheap shot, Although the issue seems to be with the FO not the players. If they do does Allen play? There always seems to be some sort of fight or controversy that happens each year. Maybe Allen will do like the last 69 that played for the Vikes and Suplex a Chiefs player

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikes to scrimmage Chiefs again in pre-seaaon?

Thanks for the update Garland.

I kindof think they will act like professionals and we won't see anymore things like broken arms.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

hopefully it continues, no sore feelings on taking allen from them
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i can understand why fans would be irate over the Jared trade still.. but players / coaches know that.

1. they got a loooot of pics. and from what every1 says.. a lot of value in those pics
    2. they are rebuilding and the loss of 1 great player < gaining 12 fresh rookies of value
    3. we got Jared at a high price.. but not higher then trading up to take an unkown variable. we arn't rebuilding so less draft pics < known value in players aquired.

as i see it. there should be no bad blood, at least over the Jared trade.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:

The Vikings released a few of their key dates for training camp this week. One thing not on the schedule was a practice against the Kansas City Chiefs. That doesn’t mean it isn’t going to happen. Talks are believed to be ongoing between the teams. There is a possibility the two could end up practicing against each other at the Chiefs’ training-camp base in River Falls, Wis., this August.

I hope to God the Chiefs wouldn't sink to the level of a cheap shot, Although the issue seems to be with the FO not the players. If they do does Allen play? There always seems to be some sort of fight or controversy that happens each year. Maybe Allen will do like the last 69 that played for the Vikes and Suplex a Chiefs player
    Last year they practiced both in Mankato and River Falls.
    If they do cancel the practice because of the trade... thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard, and completely against what a smart business minded team should do.
    Last year something like 8,000-10,000 fans attended the Vikings/Chief practice in Mankato.
    For anyone thats been to training camp, they know, thats a shit ton of people for that place.

Not to mention, the day the Chiefs come to town is the only day it costs money to go to camp, $10 per ticket.
    That one day brings in a ton of cash for funding camp and other events, not to mention brings in a lot of money to both Mankato and River Falls.

This year the Chiefs would be stupid to refuse to practice the Vikings, they should have a big turn out, 12 draft picks and their ex-star DE returning in purple.

That being said, GG, i'm with you haha, that would kick ass if he did what the last player to wear 69 did

but.. thats also what started the rift between the Chiefs ownership and McCombs, and put off the teams going at it until Wilf bought the team.

btw, the title should probably be "practice", not scrimmage.
    Ever since the constant break out of fights during the scrims, they've changed it so they only do practice drills vs each other.
    Line vs line, running drills, situational drills, 5-on-5, 7-on-7,
    11-on-11, etc.
    The problem with the old scrimmages was, even though they flew in referees, since it was a scrim the refs let a lot of stuff go, so emotions got swollen when people took shots at one another

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:

I think it's funny that all of you seem to be jumping on the Jared Allen trade as a reason not to do this.

Personally, I look at how the Chefs snagged Tyler Thigpen as the BIGGEST reason the VIKINGS wouldn't want to scrimmage these fools.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

I think it's funny that all of you seem to be jumping on the Jared Allen trade as a reason not to do this.

Personally, I look at how the Chefs snagged Tyler Thigpen as the BIGGEST reason the VIKINGS wouldn't want to scrimmage these fools.

=Z=
    I don't agree with you much but you are right. Many of our talented UDFA could be cheifs. However, with 12 rookies and their UDFA, i doubt they can make room to sign them.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

=Z=
    I don't agree with you much but you are right. Many of our talented UDFA could be cheifs. However, with 12 rookies and their UDFA, i doubt they can make room to sign them.
    they were given a huge rookie signing pool, they had the room to sign enough UDFAs if they so chose.
    And with their porous team last year, i'm sure a few might have had a shot to make the team :P Regardless, I believe they'll practice again, I already named more than enough reasons to do it alone.

Besides, I always go to it and planned on getting plenty of pictures, so they better, if nothing else, for me.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone from the site attend the scrimmage?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

maybe we can meet them in the superbowl instead
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast