Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Vikes possibly interested in Chris Brown

"Unrestricted free agency can’t come soon enough for running back Chris Brown, who fell out of favor with the Titans and to third on the depth chart behind Travis Henry and LenDale White last season. Brown, a two-year starter and former 1,000-yard rusher in 2004, is about to gain his freedom, and his agent says Brown is excited. “We’re preparing Chris for free agency, and we’re looking forward to it,” Ryan Morgan said. ... At the time, there was speculation that the Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets and Denver Broncos might possibly be good fits for Brown. “Those were some of the teams that we felt might be a good fit at the time, but we’ll reassess the situation and we’re exploring what our best options might be once free agency begins,” Morgan said."

This is a report from foxsports.com

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Re: Vikes possibly interested in Chris Brown

I hope we do not get Brown.
    He's got injury issues.
    And we have just given a big contract to Chester Taylor.
    If Brown were a game breaking back like R. Bush or somebody i'd say yes.
    But (when healthy) he's just a consistant average back like Taylor is.
    Nothing flashy, not fast, just gets the job done.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This guy could be a good fit but I have a question.

Is it just me or are we really rumored to be looking at all the guys coming out in FA?
    ???

I have read at least 10 articles today (posted a few in other threads) that either the team rep or players agent says we are possibly interested in them or at least alludes to it.

Maybe this is a indicator that the Triangle really does have a clue and are ready to start pursuing a few key guys that they are targeting as primary FA/Draft Picks as well as secondary/backup picks.

Judging my the way some of posters on this page think, our staff couldn't be that smart.
    (being sarcastic there)
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think we are looking at every player in FA to some degree.
    You almost have to.
    Just because we look at them doesn't mean that we will make a push to sign them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

Is it just me or are we really rumored to be looking at all the guys coming out in FA?
    ???

I have read at least 10 articles today (posted a few in other threads) that either the team rep or players agent says we are possibly interested in them or at least alludes to it.

Maybe this is a indicator that the Triangle really does have a clue and are ready to start pursuing a few key guys that they are targeting as primary FA/Draft Picks as well as secondary/backup picks.

Judging my the way some of posters on this page think, our staff couldn't be that smart.
    (being sarcastic there)
    ;D

welcome to the offseason at pp.o. you should have heard the stuff going around last year about the Edge and others coming. you read these offseason rumor threads then the next year you go back and read these posts and laugh at them. and some of them are dead on. you just never know till afterwards

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    You almost have to.
    Just because we look at them doesn't mean that we will make a push to sign them.
    Thanks NP

I guess my primary point was lost in my attempt at being funny. (my wife says I have no sense of humor and she is probably right)

That being, we, unlike most teams are actually mentioned in most of the articles that are coming from (My opinion) reputable sources.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

???
    No, it's not just you.
    Reality takes a back seat when the off-season is here.
    Cap room, contract implications, real-world needs - none of that matters, because so-and-so would be GREAT for the Vikings!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    You almost have to.
    Thanks NP

I guess my primary point was lost in my attempt at being funny. (my wife says I have no sense of humor and she is probably right)

That being, we, unlike most teams are actually mentioned in most of the articles that are coming from (My opinion) reputable sources.
    LOL.
    MY Bad.
    It probably has less to do with your sense of humor (or any unlikely lack thereof) as it does with me not really reading into it.

I think that some of the articles we have been seeing are somewhat reputable.
    But there are some, like the Carr rumor, that were originally started out of nothing more than a columnist's blog in the St Paul paper.
    And then some sources pick up on this rumor, and other sources pick up on those sources, and before we know it it is being discussed on ESPN.

It is hard for me to tell these days, so I just assume that everything is BS until one or both teams acknowledge it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

???
    No, it's not just you.
    Cap room, contract implications, real-world needs - none of that matters, because so-and-so would be GREAT for the Vikings!

=Z=
    Thanks Z.
    It could be me.
    I have a new position in the company that allows me to chit/chat/web browse a bit more than I have been able to in the past.
    Maybe that is why it seems to me that it is a bit higher this year than in the past years.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

???
    No, it's not just you.

=Z=
    Thanks Z.
    It could be me.
    I have a new position in the company that allows me to chit/chat/web browse a bit more than I have been able to in the past.
    Maybe that is why it seems to me that it is a bit higher this year than in the past years.
    It's only louder, perhaps, because there are more members, thus, more opinions.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast