Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    AD has the talent, the attitude, and the star power to be the face of the franchise.

    of the team as it is now. I'd have to go with AD + Williams wall. they are the most recognized, sure after this year u might toss in TJack, and 4 sure Jared.

    but if we called it today. AD alllll the way

    btw.. was some great answers to some mundane questions.

    DiGiTaL


    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Coach Brad Childress, DE Jarde Allen, QB Tarvaris Jackson and RB Adrian Peterson speak.

    http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_otaquotes052008.aspx
    The Three Faces of the Franchise for the year.. like it or not people
    I don't know whether to be happy or sad that that list doesn't include Taylor, Berrian, Birk, Hutch, McKinnie, Williams, Williams, Sharper, Winfield, Greenway, and Henderson.

    LMAO. Remember when Matt Birk was the "face" of our offense? LMAO.
    Taylor is a good player, but will never be the face of a franchise
    Berrian is right now known as a one-dimensional receiver
    Birk, Hutch, and McKinnie are lineman, there for never will fall here (sadly)
    ;D
    Williams & Williams.. Love them, but not as high profile as Allen right now
    Sharper, eh, an aging ball hawk
    Winfield, one of my favorite players in the league, a leader in the locker room, but low profile
    Greenway played pretty well and Henderson has yet to make it to the pro bowl, till then they also arn't right for the title, or at least wouldn't be considered it by many.


    Peterson, Allen, and TJack are considered the three players that are supposed to impact this team the greatest and be associated with the rise of fall of this team.
    Not to mention they're also fit "Face of the Franchise" because their young and will be around for years

    So, be happy with that list

    And yes, I'm just responding because I'm bored and hoping to argue

    An argument could be made that before Peterson was drafted Taylor already was the face of the franchise. In 2006 he was the biggest fantasy player on the vikes.

  3. #13
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Coach Brad Childress, DE Jarde Allen, QB Tarvaris Jackson and RB Adrian Peterson speak.

    http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_otaquotes052008.aspx
    The Three Faces of the Franchise for the year.. like it or not people
    I don't know whether to be happy or sad that that list doesn't include Taylor, Berrian, Birk, Hutch, McKinnie, Williams, Williams, Sharper, Winfield, Greenway, and Henderson.

    LMAO. Remember when Matt Birk was the "face" of our offense? LMAO.
    Taylor is a good player, but will never be the face of a franchise
    Berrian is right now known as a one-dimensional receiver
    Birk, Hutch, and McKinnie are lineman, there for never will fall here (sadly)
    ;D
    Williams & Williams.. Love them, but not as high profile as Allen right now
    Sharper, eh, an aging ball hawk
    Winfield, one of my favorite players in the league, a leader in the locker room, but low profile
    Greenway played pretty well and Henderson has yet to make it to the pro bowl, till then they also arn't right for the title, or at least wouldn't be considered it by many.


    Peterson, Allen, and TJack are considered the three players that are supposed to impact this team the greatest and be associated with the rise of fall of this team.
    Not to mention they're also fit "Face of the Franchise" because their young and will be around for years

    So, be happy with that list

    And yes, I'm just responding because I'm bored and hoping to argue

    An argument could be made that before Peterson was drafted Taylor already was the face of the franchise. In 2006 he was the biggest fantasy player on the vikes.
    LOL!
    That's not saying much man.


    Also, I don't recall Taylor ever being considered a Franchise player, but more of a solid workhorse type player who could go in there, play a full game, and grind out some yards while ticking down the game clock.

  4. #14
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    "V" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Eh ... the Williams wall is the face of our franchise to VIKINGS fans, but outside of that not really.
    In all honesty there is only ONE face of our franchise right now and that is Adrian Peterson ... hands down.
    Allen could be once he gets 15-20 sacks ... and T-Jack will be when the team has 10-11 wins because he is the QB and by default gets some face time.
    But right now ... this is not multiple choice folks ... the face of this franchise is Adrian Peterson.
    Obviously if you only pick one guy its AD. He has star power that exceeds the football realm. However, the Williamses are known to anyone who considers themselves a football fan, not just Vikings fans. I think Allen would need more than one season, but he
    is a great player at a glamour position. We totally agree on TJ.
    Come on... he's right, who else shines in this team like AD does?
    When you talk about the vikings offseason you talk about Jared Allen. why would people bring up the Williams wall? They do it when they talk about Jared Allen...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  5. #15
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    Eh ... the Williams wall is the face of our franchise to VIKINGS fans, but outside of that not really.
    In all honesty there is only ONE face of our franchise right now and that is Adrian Peterson ... hands down.
    Allen could be once he gets 15-20 sacks ... and T-Jack will be when the team has 10-11 wins because he is the QB and by default gets some face time.
    But right now ... this is not multiple choice folks ... the face of this franchise is Adrian Peterson.
    Obviously if you only pick one guy its AD. He has star power that exceeds the football realm. However, the Williamses are known to anyone who considers themselves a football fan, not just Vikings fans. I think Allen would need more than one season, but he
    is a great player at a glamour position. We totally agree on TJ.
    Come on... he's right, who else shines in this team like AD does?
    When you talk about the vikings offseason you talk about Jared Allen. why would people bring up the Williams wall? They do it when they talk about Jared Allen...
    I agree with V though. I think even people outside of Vikings fans know the Williams boys. They have both been Pro Bowlers and are respected as good defensive players. They aren't as high profile as AD, but over the past two years they've gained some notoriety.

  6. #16
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    AD is the face of the franchise as well as the NFL to some extent.
    The commish. wants him in the superbowl, so he instructed the refs to give the Vikings all the calls this season.

    Gotta love the internet and conspiracy theory!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #17
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=45118.msg781895#msg781895 date=1211328773]
    Coach Brad Childress, DE Jarde Allen, QB Tarvaris Jackson and RB Adrian Peterson speak.

    http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_otaquotes052008.aspx
    The Three Faces of the Franchise for the year.. like it or not people
    I don't know whether to be happy or sad that that list doesn't include Taylor, Berrian, Birk, Hutch, McKinnie, Williams, Williams, Sharper, Winfield, Greenway, and Henderson.

    LMAO. Remember when Matt Birk was the "face" of our offense? LMAO.
    Taylor is a good player, but will never be the face of a franchise
    Berrian is right now known as a one-dimensional receiver
    Birk, Hutch, and McKinnie are lineman, there for never will fall here (sadly)
    ;D
    Williams & Williams.. Love them, but not as high profile as Allen right now
    Sharper, eh, an aging ball hawk
    Winfield, one of my favorite players in the league, a leader in the locker room, but low profile
    Greenway played pretty well and Henderson has yet to make it to the pro bowl, till then they also arn't right for the title, or at least wouldn't be considered it by many.


    Peterson, Allen, and TJack are considered the three players that are supposed to impact this team the greatest and be associated with the rise of fall of this team.
    Not to mention they're also fit "Face of the Franchise" because their young and will be around for years

    So, be happy with that list

    And yes, I'm just responding because I'm bored and hoping to argue

    An argument could be made that before Peterson was drafted Taylor already was the face of the franchise. In 2006 he was the biggest fantasy player on the vikes.
    LOL!
    That's not saying much man.


    Also, I don't recall Taylor ever being considered a Franchise player, but more of a solid workhorse type player who could go in there, play a full game, and grind out some yards while ticking down the game clock.
    [/quote]
    He wasn't a franchise player but he was the face of the franchise. Over 1200 yards, just a hundred yards shy of what Peterson did last year.

  8. #18
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    Awesome quote from Jared Allen:

    Q: What have been your early impressions of Tarvaris Jackson?

    A: We haven’t gone against him much, but I know he’s an athletic guy and he throws a good ball. That’s a scout’s job and a quarterback (coach’s) job. He’s a teammate of mine, and they brought him in here to win. He’s our guy right now, and we’re sticking behind him. Like I said, I’m not a quarterbacks’ coach or a very good judge of. I usually see them on the ground.

  9. #19
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    One more from Allen:

    I was joking with Kevin, saying the biggest thing is going to be who is going to get to the quarterback first. Ray (Edwards) said he was going to, so it all works out.
    Maybe he won't get 15 sacks this year. They're all going to go to Edwards!

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikes OTA's Day Two 5-20-08

    "josdin00" wrote:
    Awesome quote from Jared Allen:

    Q: What have been your early impressions of Tarvaris Jackson?

    A: We haven’t gone against him much, but I know he’s an athletic guy and he throws a good ball. That’s a scout’s job and a quarterback (coach’s) job. He’s a teammate of mine, and they brought him in here to win. He’s our guy right now, and we’re sticking behind him. Like I said, I’m not a quarterbacks’ coach or a very good judge of. I usually see them on the ground.
    LMAO!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cutler's got a gun: QB throws during first OTA's
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
  2. Vikes Begin OTA's 5-19-08
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 06:04 AM
  3. 44 Pictures From The OTA's
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 08:47 PM
  4. Quotes From OTA's
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 09:58 PM
  5. OTA's start with energy, without Winfield
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 10:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •