Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Vikes looking at TE prospect

NFL | Nelson to turn to the NFL
    Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:54:55 -0700

The Associated Press reports NCAA basketball player Ed Nelson (Connecticut) has decided to pursue a career in the National Football League. The 6-foot-8, 265-pound senior power forward, who did not play college football, plans to work out for NFL teams April 21 at Connecticut's campus. Nelson's agent, Joe Linta, said he has commitments from the Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings and Cleveland Browns that they will send representatives to the workout session. "I came up to work out Ed with little expectations and came away convinced that he is an NFL prospect at the tight end position," Linta said. "He is very quick, has outstanding hands and great lower body strength."

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Re: Vikes looking at TE prospect

Vikings | Team to attend Nelson's workout
    Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:03:23 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings have committed to attend the workout conducted by NFL prospect TE Ed Nelson (Connecticut), April 21, according to agent Joe Linta.

and a pic

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/MBasketball/2005/Bios/bioactions/nelson.jpg

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

Maybe an Antonio Gates type? Hmmmm......

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

he's a big guy

did we get rid of angulo?

what's wrong with wiggy.. if we got rid of angulo.. bring him on, i guess.. but we cant honestly expect him to the best TE ever
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Wiggy is great. I love him. He is not a portotipical TE for the WCO. The WCO utilizes more timing passes and shorter routes. From what I heard about our old offense (the real WCO invented by Jerry Burns by the way)...it called for longer passing routes leaving the TE more time to get open. This was the reason you saw Wiggens catching alot of passes. You never can have to much talent at the TE position I guess.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Aside from Vernon Davis the guy from Notre Dame is the man. I would like to see him in purple, he's a great blocker and pass catcher, good all around TE. Anthony Fasano.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting. Some of these big basketball guys are really diamonds in the rough as far as the TE position goes. They're big, strong and if they played collegiate basketball you KNOW they can run. They also have the ability to use their bodies against a defender the same way the would on a box out. Maybe this guy will turn out to be Wiggie's replacement or at least an understudy.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    NFL | Nelson to turn to the NFL
    Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:54:55 -0700

The Associated Press reports NCAA basketball player Ed Nelson (Connecticut) has decided to pursue a career in the National Football League. The 6-foot-8, 265-pound senior power forward, who did not play college football, plans to work out for NFL teams April 21 at Connecticut's campus. Nelson's agent, Joe Linta, said he has commitments from the Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings and Cleveland Browns that they will send representatives to the workout session. "I came up to work out Ed with little expectations and came away convinced that he is an NFL prospect at the tight end position," Linta said. "He is very quick, has outstanding hands and great lower body strength."
    Jai Lewis from George Mason is also looking to make the same leap into the NFL...he's 6'7" and wide!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

wow....

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I don't like the move at all. Who in his situation has proven anything, except for Antonio Gates? Wesley Duke out of Mercer was supposed to be "the next big thing", and look at him. Really nothing special.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast