Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Vikes lookin to draft a RB

courtesy profootballweekly.com

It was no upset to hear multiple running backs in the 2006 draft class mention the Vikings among the teams showing the most interest. Head coach Brad Childress described his current lot as “talent-poor,” before retracting the adjective and saying he didn’t have the numbers he’d like with Minnesota. Mewelde Moore is the leading rusher under contract. Injuries have been a problem for Moore, and RBs Michael Bennett, Moe Williams and Onterrio Smith are free agents.

sorry if this has already beeb posted

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes lookin to draft a RB

I'm glad Childress understand our RB's are weak. I have a feeling we're going to get Maroney(sp?).
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

tylersieve is offline Starter

heck yeah get moroney..i dont know why some ppl think he will be to high for us to get...deangolo will go before him with i dont think is smart deangolo has a quite a bit of miles on him already and moroney i belive will be the better nfl back
    Sieveinator Strikes Agian

I don't know too much about Maroney but i still rather take Deangelo Williams!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I wouldn't be upset at all to see us draft Maroney, the guy has shown he can continually carry the ball.
    ;-)

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If we draft a RB, it better be one that can pick up a block. Moore did not like to block or just didn't do a good job at it. That was more of a concern than the injuries to me.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i want deangelo williams, but i dont see him being available when its our turn to draft..maroney would be a nice pick..i like this guy cuz hes big, strong, and fast..hes also from stlouis where im also from so i guess im a bit of a homer on this one, but i do believe he could turn into a big time RB behind a good offensive line..makes plenty of sense now why we are after FA's like Chester Taylor, who would be a real nice backup or 3rd stringer here for us..if we draft a RB then i can see us going with a committee system this season until the young guy can secure the job for himself
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i am just happy that childress is seeing the whole picture with the RB's... tice did not.

when does free agency start? anyone? PM me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    i want deangelo williams, but i dont see him being available when its our turn to draft..maroney would be a nice pick..i like this guy cuz hes big, strong, and fast..hes also from stlouis where im also from so i guess im a bit of a homer on this one, but i do believe he could turn into a big time RB behind a good offensive line..makes plenty of sense now why we are after FA's like Chester Taylor, who would be a real nice backup or 3rd stringer here for us..if we draft a RB then i can see us going with a committee system this season until the young guy can secure the job for himself
    Committee system??? Heck no!!! If we draft an RB in the FIRST round, he had better be ready to come in and START for us (ala Cadillac Williams). I think that DeAngelo Williams is that man...next year's ROY for sure!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

What about Lendale White or Drew from UCLA, both are big Jerome Bettis type backs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast