Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Vikes interested in OG Chester Pitts

HEY wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Veteran Ryan Cook worked at right guard in team period.
    I think that can work out pretty well.
    Most on here seem to ignore the reps he took at LG last year when Hutz couldn't get a push.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:Vikes interested in OG Chester Pitts

Marrdro wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Veteran Ryan Cook worked at right guard in team period.
    I think that can work out pretty well.
    Most on here seem to ignore the reps he took at LG last year when Hutz couldn't get a push.
    That's a very misleading take. Cook appeared at left guard in four games last year, for a total of 32 snaps at the position.

What games? Week 5 against St. Louis, week 11 against Seattle, week 12 against Chicago, and week 17 against the Giants.

Why is the selection of games significant? Because the Vikings won each of those games by at least 26 points. Cook's duty came on the Vikings' last offensive plays of each game: the last 9 plays against the Rams; last 4 against Seattle; last 8 against the bears; and the last 11 against the Giants.

So, yes, Cook did play some left guard last year. But it was as a reserve playing when the game was out of hand and the starter was taken out to prevent possible injury. And it's probable that the coaches like the versatility Cook offers being able to play any position on the line. But the implication that Cook was put in to replace Hutchinson because the coaching staff thought Cook could 'get push' where Hutchinson could not is completely unfounded.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234