Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Vikes interested in OG Chester Pitts

I do see that potentially happening, but Favre will need the best line possible and that shouldn't include Herrera or DeGeare THIS YEAR barring injuries. Probably down the road though...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Relax, they found thier LG.

Highlights from OTA access
    LOL and do you see who they have working out at RG? DeGeare will be back to save his ass in no time. :laugh:

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    JerBearLuvsDaVikes wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Ahhh so DeGeare is replacing Hutchinson, got'cha! Problem solved...
    Maybe not right away, but I find it interesting that the staff is working him out at LG when most on here believe Herrera was the possible roster slot he would eventually get stuck into.

Maybe, just maybe, the staff is actually looking ahead when it comes to roster positions and replacing vets. Given the time left on Hutch's contract, and his relative age, we might not see him resigned and Degeare would be the likely candidate if the staff follows normal football logic when it comes to letting a replacement learn for a spell behind a vet instead of drafting him the year you need him.
    In regards to your first paragraph......How do you know he won't end up at RG? Seems to me that LG would be harder than right. Soooo starting L is a good sigh. Guards are easily moved from left to right.

In regards to your second paragraph......Soooo looking ahead huh, what about DT like you wanted? So what your saying is the staff is inconsistent? Who would of thunk!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

LOL and do you see who they have working out at RG? DeGeare will be back to save his ass in no time. :laugh:
    We need to come up with a "Degeare to the rescue song....." :silly:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Maybe not right away, but I find it interesting that the staff is working him out at LG when most on here believe Herrera was the possible roster slot he would eventually get stuck into.

Maybe, just maybe, the staff is actually looking ahead when it comes to roster positions and replacing vets. Given the time left on Hutch's contract, and his relative age, we might not see him resigned and Degeare would be the likely candidate if the staff follows normal football logic when it comes to letting a replacement learn for a spell behind a vet instead of drafting him the year you need him.
    In regards to your first paragraph......How do you know he won't end up at RG? Seems to me that LG would be harder than right. Soooo starting L is a good sigh. Guards are easily moved from left to right.

In regards to your second paragraph......Soooo looking ahead huh, what about DT like you wanted? So what your saying is the staff is inconsistent? Who would of thunk!
    I know nothing. All I do is read what the yutz reports say and then make an assumption.

You know that.

On a side note, the more I look at this kid, the more I like him and agree with the posibility that he could play either side.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I know nothing. All I do is read what the yutz reports say and then make an assumption.

You know that.

On a side note, the more I look at this kid, the more I like him and agree with the posibility that he could play either side.
    About Degeare playing LG no one should get excited. Put yourself in the coaches shoes, if he is going to back-up both Guard positions and you have a lot of tape on him playing RG, what do you want to evaluate most....LG maybe?

Expect to see him at LG and RG throughout the summer. Especially as he is likely to back-up both spots.
    None

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that moving from Guard on one side to the other is a lot less common than switching from Tackle to opposite side Guard, and vice versa, i.e. RT <-> LG, LT <-> RG. The techniques are more similar than simply switching sides and maintaining your position.

Now, that's not to say it can't be done... I know of several cases where linemen can and have filled multiple slots. The Chiefs used to make a habit of drafting and training "utility" linemen. It just seems to me that it's an easier transition.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that moving from Guard on one side to the other is a lot less common than switching from Tackle to opposite side Guard, and vice versa, i.e. RT <-> LG, LT <-> RG. The techniques are more similar than simply switching sides and maintaining your position.

Now, that's not to say it can't be done... I know of several cases where linemen can and have filled multiple slots. The Chiefs used to make a habit of drafting and training "utility" linemen. It just seems to me that it's an easier transition.
    I think it's just become common practice to evaluate young OTs at right tackle before transitioning them to LT if you have the luxury. So it gives the appearance of it being an easy switch when it is more of an "evaluation process".
    None

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Veteran Ryan Cook worked at right guard in team period.
    I think that can work out pretty well.

HEY wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Veteran Ryan Cook worked at right guard in team period.
    I think that can work out pretty well.
    With his Power, and lack of speed, I always thought he would fair better at an interior position as well. Putting him out there as a Tackle exposes his weakness. He was pretty good as a run blocker in 2008 though.

Cook might surprise us yet if they settled him into a spot that matched his physical skill set. However, I think the coaching staff loves that he can back-up every position and knows his responsibilities at every position as well.
    None

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast