Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Vikes interested in OG Chester Pitts

marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    It's such a shame that Mars isn't your GM. You'd have signed every FA on the market by now.
    Quotes please. That is what I thought. Anyways G has been a major concern for me besides CB. We kinda of addressed it in the draft. We need someone to push Herrera.
    I really can't be arsed. If you say you didn't, we'll go with that. I just thought I saw you make a post in just about every thread about a FA on the market. Especially o-linemen and CBs, like you said.

Besides NTs, which is Marrdro's department.

And Pitts a pretty nice player. Not elite, but he has been pretty underrated. Like Marrdro said, though, you have to see how he comes back from that surgery. And he's hit his 30s, already.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

This guy was probably good enough to challenge Herrera before his injury. Who knows now.

But I'm guessing that the Vikes wouldn't mind having a look at him as a guy that could move around in the event of an injury to someone else. He spent the three of the first four years of his career at left tackle. If you can play that spot in the NFL, you can play anywhere on the line except maybe center. There's certainly value in that kind of versatility.

I think Pitts himself said Seattle is most likely though. Who knows what other teams are willing to do and what he really wants - playing time, a good team, lots of buffets - in whatever team/city he is going to sign with.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    It's such a shame that Mars isn't your GM. You'd have signed every FA on the market by now.
    Quotes please. That is what I thought. Anyways G has been a major concern for me besides CB. We kinda of addressed it in the draft. We need someone to push Herrera.
    You do realize he plays LG right? Mix that in with the "Micro" surgery and I doubt this guy is nothing more than backup material.

Or, maybe he plays the 0 Technique.
    LOL like a Guard would have trouble from right to left. Please. Ask Favre what it is like to come back from "micro" surgery. Boy that noodle sure declined. LOL. Next.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He would have to be a step up from "feet of concrete" Cook as a reserve if nothing else

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    You do realize he plays LG right? Mix that in with the "Micro" surgery and I doubt this guy is nothing more than backup material.

Or, maybe he plays the 0 Technique.
    LOL like a Guard would have trouble from right to left. Please. Ask Favre what it is like to come back from "micro" surgery. Boy that noodle sure declined. LOL. Next.
    Your gonna use the LNABAD as a example here?

By the way, that Lord Noodle Arm Broken Ankle Dickhead, in case your wondering.....LOL :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Interest in veteran guard remains

He told Sirius NFL Radio last weekend that he has set a workout date for July 15 and that there are five teams in the mix to potentially sign him. The Vikings are in that group.

“I originally took three trips – Detroit, San Fran and Seattle – and they’re all actually still in the mix, and then Philly and Minnesota actually called last week and said, ‘If you’re ready on the 15th, we’re going to work you out and we have a place for you,’” Pitts told Sirius.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/94205194.html

nmarstc09 wrote:
    Interest in veteran guard remains

He told Sirius NFL Radio last weekend that he has set a workout date for July 15 and that there are five teams in the mix to potentially sign him. The Vikings are in that group.

“I originally took three trips – Detroit, San Fran and Seattle – and they’re all actually still in the mix, and then Philly and Minnesota actually called last week and said, ‘If you’re ready on the 15th, we’re going to work you out and we have a place for you,’” Pitts told Sirius.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/94205194.html
    Not to mention ESPN reports Philly isn't really interested anymore. So that's one less team on the list. I'm not an insider so I can't get a link, but it's there.

Relax, they found thier LG.

Highlights from OTA access
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:

Ahhh so DeGeare is replacing Hutchinson, got'cha! Problem solved...

JerBearLuvsDaVikes wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Ahhh so DeGeare is replacing Hutchinson, got'cha! Problem solved...
    Maybe not right away, but I find it interesting that the staff is working him out at LG when most on here believe Herrera was the possible roster slot he would eventually get stuck into.

Maybe, just maybe, the staff is actually looking ahead when it comes to roster positions and replacing vets. Given the time left on Hutch's contract, and his relative age, we might not see him resigned and Degeare would be the likely candidate if the staff follows normal football logic when it comes to letting a replacement learn for a spell behind a vet instead of drafting him the year you need him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast