Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikes have the value to move up to #5

"smootpepper" wrote:
    I figure if we need to invest in a QB that knows how to get future value for the team, charlies the man.

If we only had him before we traded daunte.... maybe the phins would have included a money market fund with that 2nd rounder. :grin:

or we can trade a 1st for Schaub.
    LOL :lol:

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Oh my god!!! That's it, The answe to all of our problems in Minnesota. We don't have Charles Schwab. We must by all means must get him!

:beathorse:

blouxme is offline Rookie

How many equations away is AJ Hawk? This is the only guy i would trade up for. I bet he starts and makes a difference wherever he goes.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't think it's worth any of our picks to move up just to grab anyone not name Reggie Bush. It's just waaaayy too risky to trade into the top 5, the players available are just so damn shaky. Lienart is critized for his armstrength, some are saying Cutler is extremely overrated, Vince Young may be better as a WR....Even Bush is not safe to trade up to get when I think about it seriously.

Would you rather have Cutler?

or

Ernie Sims, Charlie Whitehurts, and bighitter Greg Blue?

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

omar jacobs = 2nd 2nd rounder! nuff said! :lol:

If we trade any picks I agree that it should be for schaub. I would trade a first stright up for schaub. Too bad he is a first string qb starting behind a second string qg.
    We can solve poverty today.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I have a feeling that all the "draft pick value" charts and the PLAYER value charts are pretty well shot. Look at recent trades and the "value" teams have gotten for players.... it just doesn't add up the way it did when J. Johnson devised his system. I think a huge part of this is the salary cap and the way free agency works but REAL value is far different from perceived value - and the draft order value chart.....

Our old players are examples... Moss and CP- both somewhat damaged goods, but quality players. T.O.? Even thinking back I don't think Keyshawn was valued as high as many would have thought.....

I'm drunk, don't badger me too much, but it's something I've noticed... value isn't what it used to be.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

ThorSPL the starter. Bung.
    REDHORSE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I have a feeling that all the "draft pick value" charts and the PLAYER value charts are pretty well shot. Look at recent trades and the "value" teams have gotten for players.... it just doesn't add up the way it did when J. Johnson devised his system. I think a huge part of this is the salary cap and the way free agency works but REAL value is far different from perceived value - and the draft order value chart.....

Our old players are examples... Moss and CP- both somewhat damaged goods, but quality players. T.O.? Even thinking back I don't think Keyshawn was valued as high as many would have thought.....

I'm drunk, don't badger me too much, but it's something I've noticed... value isn't what it used to be.
    The point value chart is for only when draft picks are exchanged for draft picks. When players are involved, it's very arbitrary with a lot of flexibility to it.

" It is now common practice for NFL teams to follow a “draft value chart,” which assigns numeric values to every draft pick from No. 1 to the final pick in the seventh round, No. 262. The idea of the chart is to create a standard for assessing fair value for trades. Each team creates their own draft value chart based upon their assessment of the draft and strength of the players at each position.

The chart only works with trades involving draft picks traded for picks. When players are involved, it changes everything.

The chart is just a guide. If a team likes a certain player they might be willing to give up more value points worth of picks in order to get their man. Likewise, a team not happy with its position might be willing to accept less in return than the chart might suggest to move down a few spots. Below is an example of a draft value chart. This is not a a chart which is used by any particular NFL team and is only an example of the what might be used by teams in assessing a trade."

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

there is already to much history of giving up too much and getting little in return, 3 picks in the first 2 rounds is better than one, we can get some good youth to add to our core of the team, Williamson and James should get more games this year, are vets get to gel and no early season scandles and we will be on the move.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast