RoneG is offline Training Camp

Vikes considering signing CFL's best pass rusher

Looks like they're trying to build depth in unconventional ways, they're giving another CFL guy a look. I'm all for it since there's a lot of film on these guys and you get them on the cheap. Low-risk, high reward, and you don't have to make trades or give up picks. Worth a shot.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/114570704.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUz33Dii_9PmP:Qi_vckD8EQD_1cuU

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes considering signing CFL's best pass rusher

Cameron Wake is from the CFL is he is one of the best in the NFL right now. Always take guys from the CFL. As TC said, there is no risk at all. It is likely that they will bust and do nothing, but who cares. Give them a tryout and see what happens.
    We're bringing purple back.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1088457
    Cameron Wake is from the CFL is he is one of the best in the NFL right now. Always take guys from the CFL. As TC said, there is no risk at all. It is likely that they will bust and do nothing, but who cares. Give them a tryout and see what happens.
    Agreed! By the way the Vikings took a look at Cameron Wake but didn't offer the same money as the Dolphins did. Could you imagine Wake and Allen on the same line?

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1088460
    Agreed! By the way the Vikings took a look at Cameron Wake but didn't offer the same money as the Dolphins did. Could you imagine Wake and Allen on the same line?
    I can. I contacted the Vikings front office twice to give them information on Cameron Wake. I have not done that for any other player. The Vikings looked at him, but they put up a low bid compared to Miami.

I just did not get the low offer. Wake did not just play well in the CFL; he destroyed the CFL. His first step and athleticism were better than most NFL players I had seen. He looked like KGB in his prime, and he played his best off the left end.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1088487
    I can. I contacted the Vikings front office twice to give them information on Cameron Wake. I have not done that for any other player. The Vikings looked at him, but they put up a low bid compared to Miami.

I just did not get the low offer. Wake did not just play well in the CFL; he destroyed the CFL. His first step and athleticism were better than most NFL players I had seen. He looked like KGB in his prime, and he played his best off the left end.
    I did the same thing with Drew Brees but they replied that they had their eyes on Tarvaris Jackson and that he had more upside.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088598

I did the same thing with Drew Brees but they replied that they had their eyes on Tarvaris Jackson and that he had more upside.
    Are you sure that didn't read, "We're drafting Tarvaris Jackson because our coach has his head up his backside"?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1088647
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088598

Are you sure that didn't read, "We're drafting Tarvaris Jackson because our coach has his head up his backside"?
    It was one or the other