Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikes on the CLOCK!!!

"Purplexing" wrote:
    A bit too critical for a team in the middle of a 3 year rebuilding plan.

Too many mistakes last year were due to poor concentration, which may be due to lack of will to play for Childress.
    Some key players were willing to re-sign during the season; e.g. McKinney, Dugan, EJHenderson, and K.Williams, so some players like playing for Childress.

Meanwhile, some mistake-prone players, and players with attitude or behavior problems, were shipped out.
    In summary, I hope this greatly reduces the penalties and mistakes due to lack of enthusiasm, initiative and will to play hard and smart for Childress; e.g. Smoot, M.Robinson.

I think the article underestimates the potential impact of the return of Greenway, T.Williams, EJames and D.Edwards on the pass defense, along with the obvious potential impact of replacing Tomlin with Frazier.
    yeah that is a good point, the guy who projected our pics i dont want that scenario at all, first he'd take quinn, second adams, and 3rd landry.... nothing about trading down up or receiver...

they also have doubts about t-jack very easy to tell.. they all said well if he's not your man then you have to get someone with that pic, and if he is your man get him some help, then they all talked about Quinn
    :

Thanks josdin00

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

well that's cuz no one has any idea what we are doing.
    we've left so many holes or question marks in important areas and when we pick is kinda where the drop off starts for clear cut bpa.

if we signed a veteran qb, then it would seem tjack is the man and the veteran is the backup plan.
    if we signed a young de or a vet de to rush the qb than de wouldnt seem to be a priority taking into account e.james is coming off a major injury.
    if we added anything besides doss and t.williams both coming off of knee injuries than the 31st ranked pass defense would not be a question mark.
    if we added any wr's period, and wade still doesn't count, than we could check that off.

the bottom line is we could do anything we want with that pick, including taking petersen there if he drops cuz chances are he will be a steal there as opposed to reaching for a need pick.
    the best case scenario is trading down and getting as many picks as we can in the top 3 rounds cuz we need to fill holes through the draft
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    we've left so many holes or question marks in important areas and when we pick is kinda where the drop off starts for clear cut bpa.

if we signed a veteran qb, then it would seem tjack is the man and the veteran is the backup plan.
    if we signed a young de or a vet de to rush the qb than de wouldnt seem to be a priority taking into account e.james is coming off a major injury.
    if we added anything besides doss and t.williams both coming off of knee injuries than the 31st ranked pass defense would not be a question mark.
    if we added any wr's period, and wade still doesn't count, than we could check that off.

the bottom line is we could do anything we want with that pick, including taking petersen there if he drops cuz chances are he will be a steal there as opposed to reaching for a need pick.
    the best case scenario is trading down and getting as many picks as we can in the top 3 rounds cuz we need to fill holes through the draft
    I kinda like what
    you said, but who would contact us with the value of points needed for a number 7 pick...plus would we really want to trade out of the spot if Quinn, Admas or whomever else is available at 7...I mean with Bowe and Maechem could be available in the 2nd...or Ryan Harris too...but now i am starting to come around on this...maybe trading out of 7 for this plan is what we need.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

In the TV Spot on Sportscenter Kiper said it would make no sense if the Vikings drafted a QB at seven, he couldnt see them doing it, after we spend a second rounder on Jackson last year..

He said that Peterson would be the pick if availible.. and if not.. it would be Adams, or might be Hall or Landry if Adams was gone..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

But also wouldnt it make sense for Wilf's plan to trade out of 7??

"Nephilim" wrote:
    But also wouldnt it make sense for Wilf's plan to trade out of 7??
    not only for his plan, but basically outta need.
    if we just stay put and don't accumalate some early picks, we are gonna be putting alot of dependence on later round picks and the hope that some nice players get cut june 1st.
    i guess in the sense that we will compete for a playoff spot.
    if they take perplexes plan into account they wont have to adress all their needs until year 3 of childress's 3 year plan.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

I kinda like what
    you said, but who would contact us with the value of points needed for a number 7 pick...plus would we really want to trade out of the spot if Quinn, Admas or whomever else is available at 7...I mean with Bowe and Maechem could be available in the 2nd...or Ryan Harris too...but now i am starting to come around on this...maybe trading out of 7 for this plan is what we need.
    Adequately articulated Neph.
    ;D

Don't totally agree with you here big guy.
    I think the Vikings organization knows what they are doing.

I think you mean that no one outside the org does.
    IMHO I think they are smart to hold thier hand close to the vest and not let everyone know what/who they are taking.

If the predominance of the scenario's play out, we will have the pick of 3 good Defensive players at 7 (Adams, Landry, to early can't think of the CB's name) with the possiblity of a Franchise QB, Outstanding RB and a slim chance for a great WR.

This draft is deep in other places we need help in the later rounds also (i.e. WR, S) and we sit in great places to pick there or to have teams move up with us for later round picks.

Not to mention the kids that will be brought in that weren't drafted.

You know me, ever the optimist............,
    ;D

but I believe that last years draft and this years draft will be remembered as the corner stones to our first SB championship.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BritishVike is offline Rookie

Here's to hoipng!!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:

I kinda like what
    Adequately articulated Neph.

;D

Don't totally agree with you here big guy.
    I think the Vikings organization knows what they are doing.

I think you mean that no one outside the org does.
    IMHO I think they are smart to hold thier hand close to the vest and not let everyone know what/who they are taking.

If the predominance of the scenario's play out, we will have the pick of 3 good Defensive players at 7 (Adams, Landry, to early can't think of the CB's name) with the possiblity of a Franchise QB, Outstanding RB and a slim chance for a great WR.

This draft is deep in other places we need help in the later rounds also (i.e. WR, S) and we sit in great places to pick there or to have teams move up with us for later round picks.

Not to mention the kids that will be brought in that weren't drafted.

You know me, ever the optimist............,
    ;D

but I believe that last years draft and this years draft will be remembered as the corner stones to our first SB championship.

;D

oh yah, i agree totally that you dont wanna give yourself away.
    what i was saying was that experts and such can surmise where you might go based on areas you've already addressed, via free agency or player development.
    but since so many question marks were left after last year, and little has been done in free agency we are probably the most baffling team picking in the top 10.
    we either have to get a real impact player with that 7 pick or accumalate extra picks by moving down so we can get multiple players to fill holes

vikefan522 is offline Training Camp

I just want our team to have a good draft. all seven rounds.

You never know we could draft someone in the 6th round and he might start after preseason. thats y its a draft. there's a alot of players with bust written all over them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast