Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

Quote Originally Posted by "SharperImage" #1093819
    Ryan Mallett is the next Big Ben, MARK MY WORDS. I love this guy, and i hope we trade back n get him.
    Vikings won't be able to move back very far and still get Mallett. Miami will take him at 15. Probably best just to take him at 12 if the Vikings truly want him.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1093822
    Ryan Mallett is the next Big Ben, MARK MY WORDS. I love this guy, and i hope we trade back n get him.
    Vikings won't be able to move back very far and still get Mallett. Miami will take him at 15. Probably best just to take him at 12 if the Vikings truly want him.
    Unless Miami changes it scheme completely i doubt it.. However they did hire a new offensive coordinator so who knows..

I just think they are locked on Ingram, he is a very underrated back and is outside of the top ten, basicly because no one there really have runningback as a big need.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093825
    Unless Miami changes it scheme completely i doubt it.. However they did hire a new offensive coordinator so who knows..

I just think they are locked on Ingram, he is a very underrated back and is outside of the top ten, basicly because no one there really have runningback as a big need.
    A lot of people have Ingram penciled in at that spot but they have had Mallett in for 4 visits. I doubt 4 visits indicate a smokescreen as opposed to a real desire to draft him.

It all boils down to whether Miami thinks there will be a run on QB's in this draft or not. If so, I could see them moving up to the Texans pick, at 11, to take Mallett. I've read the Texans may want to move back a little on their first pick.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093804
    In the first 2 minutes of the first video we saw a jump pass, a fumble on a QB bootleg and a tendency to look at the first read and if it isn't there he pulls the ball down and runs.

He just went out of my top 7
    LOL, I know, not like Stanzi.

Most of the time, and this applies to all of the top 5 or 6 of this years class that tend to look more like runners, the OLs really don't give them time to get a second read in.

On a side note, if you have 4 WR's out there in a spread look, a QB that can read a defense should automatically know were to throw the ball, thus requiring only one look.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Alot of analysts are now say that Mikel Leshoure followed by Ryan Williams will be off the board before Ingram.

Lots of stuff out there about his knee not being sound.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093891

Alot of analysts are now say that Mikel Leshoure followed by Ryan Williams will be off the board before Ingram.

Hearing he won't fall past New England atleast not at 28.. I doubt LeShoure goes in the first round, unless its Green Bay at 32

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093896

Hearing he won't fall past New England atleast not at 28.. I doubt LeShoure goes in the first round, unless its Green Bay at 32
    I wouldn't waste a first round on any of these RB's myself.

As to LeShoure, Lions seem to be the biggest source of the rumors, followed by Denver (I think that is way to high) Miami and the Pats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093898

As to LeShoure, Lions seem to be the biggest source of the rumors, followed by Denver (I think that is way to high) Miami and the Pats.
    It think Lions taking back to back RB's in the first round is very unlikely, Denver has Moreno as their guy and Patriots have the hots for Ingram.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093900
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093898

It think Lions taking back to back RB's in the first round is very unlikely, Denver has Moreno as their guy and Patriots have the hots for Ingram.
    Two things....

1. All teams will probably have 2 RBs on their roster that can both start.

With the loss of Kevin Smith, and Bests inability to stay healthy (Turf Toe), the only other option they have is Maurice Morris. If that turf toe is as bad as some think (remember it ended Deons career), the use of a high pick at RB might be what they are thinking, although they have brought in other, lower round backs.

2. Try checking out this link. I read it at home but can't get to it at work.

Leshoure Overtaking Ingram As No. - NFL Rumors - NFLTradeRumors.co

Blog Entries

Draft Winds: Lies, damn lies and Ryan Mallett

Iíve spent a lot of time digging into Mallettís past. Ninety-nine percent of it seems positive to me. I canít speak to the drug rumours because I donít know. But I do find it interesting that no-oneís ever come out of the woodwork and that to this point heís not failed a test. Heís a confident kid, a tremendously well respected hard worker who simply wants to win.
    Inside there is some good videos on Mallett the passer..

All in all, great article on Mallett that i hope you all read.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast